Why is this game so overated?

#71LockeadonPosted 12/9/2012 2:48:40 AM
RebelElite791 posted...
Osteoporozis posted...
Admittedly, Skyrim isn't the best Bethesda has to offer, considering the last two Elder Scrolls titles

>>Literally thinks Oblivion is better than Skyrim in any way except guilds.

I shiggy f***ing diggy.

um... what?
---
be more cereal!
#72LockeadonPosted 12/9/2012 2:53:59 AM
The_Undying_84 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
SkytheWiz1 posted...
itrainpokemon posted...
this is almost as bad as when i told the mass effect 3 forums about how bad there game was

you people cant see the truth

Actually, no - ME3's ending was bad enough that I now cringe at the whole series; not just the third game.

A) "OMG 5 MINUTES RUINS 60 HOURS OF BRILLIANCE QQ"

B) STOP FEEDING THE OBVIOUS TROLL

A terrible ending can definitely ruin the whole thing story wise, and story is a pretty significant part of ME. And I thought the series just got worse and worse game play wise. I liked the first one because it was an RPG, not because it was a third person shooter.

the story was the only thing ME did well, not surprising cause its bioware game and they always put the story first, but aside from the story the game itself was too boring and dull to keep me playing between story bits. and ya, that did get worse from game to game.
---
be more cereal!
#73CorathTheHungPosted 12/9/2012 2:59:04 AM
Te technical issues alone make this game nowhere near the score/praise it deserves.
#74TylerJ33Posted 12/9/2012 3:04:53 AM
jrr18 posted...
WillSimplyBe posted...
Fallout New Vegas wasn't made by Bethesda, just published by them. It was Obsidian Entertainment who made it, and that's why it was so much better- oops...

<_<
>_>

Well at least skrim's playable on PS3.

Huh? I like both (new vegas a bit more though. I'm a mad max kinda guy), but I bought new vegas on release and got all the trophies and everything without any problems beside the occasional freeze that I see from every game punished by bethesda. I'm also still on my fat ps3 from 07 if that matters. I swear gamers are the worst for exaggerating.
#75LockeadonPosted 12/9/2012 3:06:57 AM
CorathTheHung posted...
Te technical issues alone make this game nowhere near the score/praise it deserves.

i'm sure you think this post makes perfect sence, but could you please clarify for the rest of us?
---
be more cereal!
#76DahlVaughnniPosted 12/9/2012 3:19:16 AM
itrainpokemon posted...
this is almost as bad as when i told the mass effect 3 forums about how bad there game was

you people cant see the truth

So you admit you go around in forums telling people the games they play are bad and you're shocked by their reaction?

Hope you like flippin' burgers son...
---
Gamertag: Archlvt (I no longer have XBL Gold)
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207
#77kentuckybobPosted 12/9/2012 3:24:47 AM
Yeah Fallout 3 was a much better game.
---
"You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?"
#78suksassPosted 12/9/2012 3:39:47 AM
Really?! It came down to this? If we start picking every game apart bit by bit, then only Rockstar games will remain good games. Everything else will just be considered a piece of s***.
#79SinamoiPosted 12/9/2012 4:42:51 AM
Agree with everything TC said, in addition:

Most armours look like f****in s*it, same with weapons.

Only exception is the nightingale stuff and the Dragonborn DLC because I cant comment on something I don't and will never purchase.

Melee combat feels like you aren't even touching them loll it's a joke.

Rarely worth entering a random dungeon, for all you with generally find is nothing of real value mid-game.

On the plus side though, game is visually pleasing.
#80The_KuraikagePosted 12/9/2012 5:28:22 AM
The honest truth is that Skyrim was definitely a step forward from Oblivion. Some aspects were simplified for accessibility, and others were expanded on for maximum immersion. I will agree that sometimes the game gets repetitive, but the open-ended gameplay can break you out of a rut fairly quickly. Sick of regular dungeons? Go hunt down a Dragon Priest. MQ getting boring? Go join the Companions, or even the Dawnguard. Tired of fighting in general? Buy a Hearthfire property and build it up. Shoot, now if you're tired of Skyrim as a province, just head for Solstheim!

I will agree that from a technical standpoint the game is rather repetitive and the fetch quests get old. But at the same time, a person with creativity can really get their money's worth, if only by breaking the game through maxed crafting skills and laughing like a maniac while you slaughter every living thing in Skyrim on Master difficulty.
---
Official Lonely Cat Furry of RI.
Meow......