just so i understand no spears

#21KeldonisPosted 12/9/2012 9:08:38 PM
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
So we agree pretty much then keldonis.

Corpporate laziness and clever exploitation, yes.

Laziness as in "they didnt give me one feature so the 100's they did give are irrelevant this is lazy" no.

However I disagree on the gamejam part to an extent, I think it was todd who said in an interview that they had issues with the spear animation and that it was not final game quality, its fully possible the animations are just not working to the extent they can justify charging for them.

I think for the most part we can agree. "Laziness" might have been too harsh of a word. Out of all the features we did get out of Skyrim, it is hard to classify Bethseda as a whole as "lazy." Actually, it's quite the opposite.

But it still doesn't excuse the fact that corporate laziness does still exist in a vast portion of the gaming world.

I do not know why Bethseda chose not to implement spears. Perhaps you are correct that they didn't feel comfortable adding them yet. (Maybe they want to add an entire perk tree, new skills, etc) and are waiting for the final DLC's to implement a raised lvl cap or some other feature in the future. Maybe the animations weren't polished enough to work properly for their timed holiday release....

In any case, who knows.

I never did expect true "free roam" dragon riding, and you're right that it was naive to ever assume so. However, the end result we got was far from satisfying. I do think the controls turned out rather lackluster. They could've implemented better features (At least maybe allowed "some" player control where we could at least tell the dragon which direction to travel in).

Personally, what I was expecting was dragon riding to be reduced to Solsthiem only (at least free-riding) in a new area that they could design specifically for this purpose.

They also could've easily added the ability to become infected and transform into a werebear. The animation and perk tree is essentially already done with the werewolf as it is. Would've been a nice touch with a questline/new faction centered around them.
---
We trained harder than you today, and we're gonna party harder than you tonight. Mint with the crew.
#22GriffRobertsPosted 12/9/2012 9:10:48 PM
Well, if Bethesda decides to implement anything else from the Game Jam, we'll probably get spears at some point. Especially now that we have a means of respeccing, they can add spear-specific perks (not sure about a spear skill tree though) without pissing off the level 81 players. Besides, the animation we saw for spears in the Game Jam wasn't all that great, and we only saw like two different animations. I'd rather they spent the time to flesh spears out than give us crappy spears, even if that means waiting for TESVI.

I feel like they didn't let us transform into werebears because it wouldn't be all that different from werewolves, and they didn't think it was worth it. I honestly don't care enough about Werebears to argue about it, though.

And I barely cared about dragon riding in the first place. My first reaction to seeing that in the trailer was "how are they gonna do that?" I guess I understand why people would be disappointed by that, but I don't think that's enough reason to say Beth shouldn't have added it in the first place. Then again, this is also something I don't really care about.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#23tzar_666(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 7:37:14 AM
sure why not. another 20 bucks. for something they could of done a year ago.
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#24Gogo726Posted 12/11/2012 7:38:53 AM
I have something for you. Here, polish my spear.
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#25professorfrink1Posted 12/11/2012 7:42:46 AM
Controlling the dragons is fun for about 2 minutes. After the first couple of times I did it I never bothered with it again, although it is handy for an emergency, i.e. you're staring an elder dragon in the face and no time to run.
#26tzar_666(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 7:52:52 AM
Gogo726 posted...
I have something for you. Here, polish my spear.

thats no spear its an arrow you need to get your eyes checked
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#27PlayMotherAt420Posted 12/11/2012 8:53:10 PM
Dont get to control their movements?

SUPER LAME
#28LockeadonPosted 12/11/2012 9:41:35 PM
NTJack0 posted...
Lol when pepole bought it solely for Dragon riding and spears.

yap even though in the trailor no human sized characters use them and dragon riding was obviously going to be on rails. frankly its amazing they pulled off as much as they did as far as dragonriding goes. given what they had to work with its an incredible achievement. i was expecting no spears and dragon riding to just be fast travel like odalviing. people who make rediculous and impossible assumptions will always be disappointed.
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider
#29LockeadonPosted 12/11/2012 9:46:45 PM
PlayMotherAt420 posted...
Dont get to control their movements?

SUPER LAME

the game wasn't designed with this in mind. they would have to have built it for this from the ground up in order to implement it in any way better than what they gave us. this is waaaaaay beyond the bounds of what dlc can do. its impossible to implement. just look at how horribly the flight mods work. frankly no one should have even thought we would get full control. wishful thinking + stupid assumptions = butthurt
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider
#30RebelElite791Posted 12/11/2012 11:16:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqlnTIAbd44
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing