how do I get to solsthiem?

#1SomberMitsukiPosted 12/9/2012 6:14:01 PM
So, can I go to solsthiem right off, or do i HAVE to do the main quest to be able to?
also how do I get to solsthiem? I tried the ferryman at solitude but he doesn't have the option to go to anyway cept a couple of the main hcities in skyrim and the vampire's castle.
---
zombie+fire=zombie that can cook his own meals.
#2agentspoonPosted 12/9/2012 6:14:52 PM
Windhelm Docks.
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!
#3LordTrinenPosted 12/9/2012 6:15:01 PM
Windhelm docks. You don't need to do the main quest to trigger it.
#4Sab_LiathPosted 12/9/2012 6:15:40 PM
SomberMitsuki posted...
So, can I go to solsthiem right off, or do i HAVE to do the main quest to be able to?
also how do I get to solsthiem? I tried the ferryman at solitude but he doesn't have the option to go to anyway cept a couple of the main hcities in skyrim and the vampire's castle.

The ship you're looking for is at the Windhelm Docks.
---
Sab_Liath defeats Topic! Gains 89 EXP! Learns Magma Drill!
#5Nucl3arT1g3RPosted 12/9/2012 6:16:04 PM
You have to do a bit of the MQ(until you are officially named DB), and then you get attacked by cultists.One of them will have a note, read it and then you'll be able to start the DLC MQ.
---
Kevin sent me.
XBL:Nucl3arT1g3R, PSN:Nucl3arT1g3R, Steam:Nucl3arT1g3R
#6SomberMitsuki(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 6:19:33 PM
thanks, and looking more to just explore the new area at the moment than to do the main quest. not that skyrim isn't epic, but i always tend to get so bored of the main story that
I avoid it as much as possible.
---
zombie+fire=zombie that can cook his own meals.
#7HalecticPosted 12/9/2012 6:21:36 PM
You can go to Solstheim anytime you want by going to the Windhelm docks

But you will not be able to start the DG main quest until you first talk to the greybeards.

But there is plenty to do without needing to do the questline, Dragonborn is mostly sidequests
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835