*Black Book Guide* (Possible Spoilers)

#1LiqiudusSnakePosted 12/9/2012 7:31:29 PM
Please request sticky if you find this useful.

1. The first is found by doing the DB Main Questline, its the second DB Main quest called "The Temple of Miraak". At the end of the temple you will find the Black Book. *Note you will not be able to use the power of this book until you complete the DB Main quest.

2. The Second is found by again going through the DB main Questline, you obtain it at the end of "The Path of Knowledge" the fifth DB Main Quest.

3. The third is found at the end of "The Final Descent" sidequest, you receive this quest in Raven Rock Mine and the book is found at the end of the Mines/Ruins. A Dragon Priest is mask and Dragon Aspect word wall is also found on this quest

4. The forth book is found at the end of "Benkongerike" a cave in the mountains to the northeast of Solstheim filled with Rieklings. Its possible to receive a quest for this books location from Neloth after you complete the DB Main questline. However its possible to retrieve this book yourself anytime after arriving in Solstheim. (this is the Butler Power Book everyone asks about)

5. The fifth book is found at Kolbjorn Barrow, a Nordic ruin outside of Raven Rock. At the end of the "Unearthed" sidequest. It will cost you a total 11,000 gold and alot of time to dig out the Barrow so start early. You can also find a Dragon priest mask and a word wall and alot of special armor on this quest. Including water walking boots.

6. The sixth book is found in Tel Mithryn, in Neloths staff enchanter room on a desk. You can only gain access to this room from Neloth after doing several favors for him, possibly only after the DB Main Questline as well.

7. The seventh book is found at the end of White Ridge Barrow like #4 you can get a quest for this from Neloth or find this on your own. The Barrow is found to the mid (from the middle) north-west or Solstheim. You can also find a dragon priest mask here.

Hope you all enjoy and find this helpful!
---
This Signature can only be viewed by a Gamefaqs Gold member, upgrade to Gold to view this Signature.
#2gunsndrosesPosted 12/9/2012 7:33:37 PM
Nice guide.

However, if you want it stickied, I'd suggest making it a bit more "official." Add book names, powers conferred, etc.
---
I think, therefore I am
#3VasDeferensPosted 12/9/2012 7:44:57 PM
I admit I think I was thrown into the fire with these quests. I thought I was just finishing the Final Descent quest, then suddenly I was overwhelmed with the Bloodskaal sword puzzle door, then this Black Book thing .

Is it advisable to do the books in the order you list ? I happened upon the 3rd book above just by happenstance .
---
Nobody believes the official spokesman but everybody trusts an unidentified source .
#4LordTrinenPosted 12/9/2012 7:53:14 PM
Couple of things to point out.

Book 1: This is the book where you meet Miraak for the first time, right? If so you don't need to complete the MQ to get its bonus.

Book 6: Again, you don't need to complete the main quest to gain access to this book.
#5VasDeferensPosted 12/9/2012 8:18:11 PM
So you can choose to do the quest for the books at the time convenient for you ? Just "read" the book again to be transported back and forth, or what ? Can you take the books with you back to Skyrim proper ?
---
Nobody believes the official spokesman but everybody trusts an unidentified source .
#6Gogo726Posted 12/9/2012 8:24:14 PM
Yes, I'd say you do need to complete Book 1 to get the bonus. That's the book you use if you want to respec.
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#7LockeadonPosted 12/9/2012 8:28:24 PM
VasDeferens posted...
So you can choose to do the quest for the books at the time convenient for you ? Just "read" the book again to be transported back and forth, or what ? Can you take the books with you back to Skyrim proper ?

you can take them with you but if you read one there itll say something like you see a vision of solsthiem which basically means you cant go to apocrypha from skyrim. you also cant from horseback (itll say you cant concentrate) and most likely not in combat either.
---
be more cereal!