C/D Enemies shouldn't be able to execute you.

#21CoR02Posted 12/10/2012 1:17:11 AM
I'm split. I wouldn't mind it if it was a legitimate kill, if I was taken down to zero health because I didn't survive the hit through my armor or simply didn't have enough health. But when I get oneshot by something because the game ignores armor rating during a cinematic? I'm not okay with that. If they'd patch that then I'm totally okay with enemy "executions."
#22RebelElite791Posted 12/10/2012 1:18:07 AM
Xydru posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
lmao warned. Get owned son.

Your sig is so true.
How are you such a giant troll/idiot magnet?? They're drawn to you like a moth to a light >_>

Either dark or Dainbow says I exert some really strong pheromones. I just can't help it :3

Btw, where the f*** IS Dainbow? o.O
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#23MalzelPosted 12/10/2012 1:18:36 AM
C

It makes low-armor characters almost impossible to play with.

Dragon touches down, and you're instantly dead in its jaws before you can move just because you're in a 120 degree range of its face.
---
It is only human to commit a sin...
#24RebelElite791Posted 12/10/2012 1:19:01 AM
CoR02 posted...
I'm split. I wouldn't mind it if it was a legitimate kill, if I was taken down to zero health because I didn't survive the hit through my armor or simply didn't have enough health. But when I get oneshot by something because the game ignores armor rating during a cinematic? I'm not okay with that. If they'd patch that then I'm totally okay with enemy "executions."

Also yeah, maybe take away the whole cinematic part, make it an animation that you have to actively block, then you can survive it. Like with dragons for example, keep the nom instakill animation, but allow you to dodge/block it.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#25jammymacsterPosted 12/10/2012 1:41:20 AM
LifeVirus1289 posted...
You can argue all you want how it's Bethesda's fault that you died. I still don't agree. When you get stabbed, you aren't supposed to blame another party, just avoid getting stabbed next time.

Also, just because it's 'been stated' here doesn't make it true.

Thing is you don't always have an opportunity to avoid the attack. The NPC just has to start the attack animation and it has a chance of initiating a kill-cam on you. You don't get an opportunity to dodge. For me that's the issue.

It's pretty cheap being kill by something you couldn't dodge and would normally have had the health to tank.
---
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here." - Peter Molyneux
#26RebelElite791Posted 12/10/2012 1:48:03 AM
jammymacster posted...
LifeVirus1289 posted...
You can argue all you want how it's Bethesda's fault that you died. I still don't agree. When you get stabbed, you aren't supposed to blame another party, just avoid getting stabbed next time.

Also, just because it's 'been stated' here doesn't make it true.

Thing is you don't always have an opportunity to avoid the attack. The NPC just has to start the attack animation and it has a chance of initiating a kill-cam on you. You don't get an opportunity to dodge. For me that's the issue.

It's pretty cheap being kill by something you couldn't dodge and would normally have had the health to tank.

Dont feed him; he's warned for a very good reason.
---
#27ZheakkPosted 12/10/2012 2:44:39 AM
Yeah, the instant kills get annoying pretty fast. I had one character that was supposed to be a sort of conjurer/warrior that used bound weapons. Had to spend like 7-8 levels just pumping health because a dragon could hit me once, knock off 10% of my health, and then kill me instantly with it's next attack.
#28SabramPosted 12/10/2012 2:49:58 AM
The biggest problem i have, is if an enemy gets a kill cam with an arrow. it happens, there's no cinematic though, you just take an insane amount of damage all at once and die from the arrow.

Was doing Skuldafn recently on my level 59 battle mage, like 350hp, legendary dragonscale armor, and an arrow from a Draugr Deathlord flies in and kills me from the side when i have like 75% health left.
---
Official Lightsword & Bowshieldgun of the MH3U Board.
Gamertag: Sabram PSN: Sabram
#29CaIiber345Posted 12/10/2012 2:58:28 AM
D

I like when it happens. Makes fighting feel more intense. Every now and then I slip up and the Bandit Chief at Valtheim Towers gets a finisher on me. I love it every time.
---
Waiting for: Aliens: Colonial Marines, GTA V
I'm the Wile E. Coyote of stealth gameplay in Far Cry 3.
#30syaugust8Posted 12/10/2012 3:18:30 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]