C/D Enemies shouldn't be able to execute you.

#31MC2011Posted 12/10/2012 4:57:31 AM
C.

As I *****ed before about it while doing my pure mage master run. I don't mind being one-shotted in normal combat, but as soon as it takes control away from me, it becomes annoying as hell. Seems the enemy doesn't even need to be facing your general direction for it to trigger. I've been behind a dragon, then it just switches to third person, I can't move, the dragon does a quick 180 and snacks me.

Really puts a damper on my low health runs because of it, especially when it doesn't factor in AR.
---
May God have mercy on your soul... - The Preacher
Because I sure as hell won't. - The Gunslinger
#32Spinder1Posted 12/10/2012 5:14:07 AM
maybe take away the whole cinematic part, make it an animation that you have to actively block, then you can survive it.

I like this idea. The way it works right now, what with the whole the ignoring armor bug, is pretty terrible and if the choice is between keeping that and getting rid of it altogether, I'd take the latter. But enemy executions could be done well and become another element that keeps you on your toes in combat, making it more dynamic and exciting, rather than an unfair annoyance.

Also, they could perhaps be reserved for boss type enemies only (or in the wild, stronger creatures such as giants and dragons) and then you could keep the cinematic.
---
Let him be king over charred bones and cooked meat. Let him be the king of ashes
#33The_Real_TurnipPosted 12/10/2012 5:31:19 AM
Fixed or gone would be my choice - I'm cool keeping them, so long as they take into account that I'm at the armour cap (so that attack should have done like >100 damage, not killed me with half my health remaining).
#34SteadyingMeatPosted 12/10/2012 5:43:34 AM
The only time I get annoyed by this is that freaking " Getting chomped by dragon " death. It's just so annoying and it seems to happen at total random, even if I'm not near death yet
---
" hey meat-kun y you no sig? :| "
#35funkadeliusPosted 12/10/2012 5:47:05 AM
I used to like them, because on master they seemed to add some difficulty to the game.Now that I know they ignore armor I agree that they are retarded. I was kill-cammed once while I was sprinting away from a bandit chief. The bastard teleported behind me and the cam initiated. I suppose the moral of this story is make sure you have a buttload of hp if you intend to play a warrior on master.
#36LockeadonPosted 12/10/2012 6:02:49 AM
its even worse for mages. cause they usually dont have much health so pretty much anything can killcam them.
---
be more cereal!
#37LinkLuigiPosted 12/10/2012 7:24:10 AM
The_Real_Turnip posted...
Fixed or gone would be my choice - I'm cool keeping them, so long as they take into account that I'm at the armour cap (so that attack should have done like >100 damage, not killed me with half my health remaining).

This, I agree with this. The problem isn't that they can do it to you, the problem is that it's bugged, as repeated multiple times, so if you have 300 HP, and the enemy does 300 damage, but you have an armor rating of 80%, you should only take 60 damage. The way it is now, it decides whether or not it gets a killcam first, and then executes it.

I rely heavily on my shield in my build, killcams makes it near impossible.
#38DahlVaughnniPosted 12/10/2012 7:24:39 AM
BipBapBam posted...
LifeVirus1289 posted...
D

You shouldn't be getting so overpowered by the enemies. Either you aren't playing right, or you aren't ready for master.

I am sorry, not everyone likes playing with a 2000 armor rating Legendary Daedric Armor.

Yo have reared your inexperienced head. No one uses 2000 armor, the cap is much smaller than that. Meaning that anyone and everyone can reach the cap, easily, at a low level, without any glitches or loops. You just aren't good enough is all.
---
Gamertag: Archlvt (I no longer have XBL Gold)
3DS FC: 4296 3610 2207
#39Tequila_ShotPosted 12/10/2012 7:28:48 AM
BipBapBam posted...
LifeVirus1289 posted...
D

You shouldn't be getting so overpowered by the enemies. Either you aren't playing right, or you aren't ready for master.

I am sorry, not everyone likes playing with a 2000 armor rating Legendary Daedric Armor.

There's three things wrong with this statement.

1.) The effective armor cap is 667, and goes down by 25 points for each piece of armor equipped, light or heavy.

2.) Hardly anyone runs around in Daedric Armor, because by the time you can make it, you can temper pretty much anything to the armor cap.

3.) Light armor can be just as effective as Heavy, if not moreso because of Deft Movement and Wind Walker.
---
Tanoshii wa tanoshii da yo.
#40zeroboboPosted 12/10/2012 7:30:15 AM
D.

i like the randomness and difficulty it adds to the game.
im terrified of bandit chiefs with 2her weapons, and i SHOULD be scared to fight a crazed guy in plate armor with a massive axe.

the dragonborn isn't superman, he's a guy who's a good fighter, possibly a good mage, and has the ability to shout. it doesn't make him resistant to axes. axes still work on him.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero