C/D Enemies shouldn't be able to execute you.

#41SkytheWiz1Posted 12/10/2012 7:31:05 AM
C, to some extent.

For example, in the new DLC, I actually dodged an execute move. I backed away when realizing he was about to do a power attack.

I got my head cut off when - in the killcam - I was a good three feet from the tip of his hammer.

Come on, Beth. This is Skyrim. Not Black Ops 2.
---
Pretend there are awe-inspiring lyrics
or oh-so-hilarious quotations here, please.
#42LockeadonPosted 12/10/2012 7:31:54 AM
DahlVaughnni posted...
BipBapBam posted...
LifeVirus1289 posted...
D

You shouldn't be getting so overpowered by the enemies. Either you aren't playing right, or you aren't ready for master.

I am sorry, not everyone likes playing with a 2000 armor rating Legendary Daedric Armor.

Yo have reared your inexperienced head. No one uses 2000 armor, the cap is much smaller than that. Meaning that anyone and everyone can reach the cap, easily, at a low level, without any glitches or loops. You just aren't good enough is all.

first, theres no reason to jump down his throat he was exxagerating to make his point.

second, you are missing his point. the killcams go right through armor. they are b r o k e n, it doesnt matter if you have 100000 or 0 armor the killcams will still kill you if you have less hp than the attack deals. and you cant dodge them either.
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider
#43VrindlvinePosted 12/10/2012 7:40:36 AM
I just find it wrong on a video game level. This is the ONLY game where you can be regularly deathblowed, (please stop calling it a kill cam this isnt cod...) Take AC for example when i first played it you get all these finishers that are awesome. Its not something for enemies to be able to do. I just finished gallows rock again on normal and those silver hand greatsword enemies do enough damage without cheating. (Did you know they have a secret perk called "extra damage to player?") Cause silver cuts through platemail really well bethesda hokay. Combine that with the fact that its much harder to dodge enemy power attacks due to the way that bethesda coded the game and you make for a frustrating experience.
---
Fanservice in mai bioshocks!?!
#44zeroboboPosted 12/10/2012 7:45:05 AM
Vrindlvine posted...
I just find it wrong on a video game level. This is the ONLY game where you can be regularly deathblowed, (please stop calling it a kill cam this isnt cod...) Take AC for example when i first played it you get all these finishers that are awesome. Its not something for enemies to be able to do. I just finished gallows rock again on normal and those silver hand greatsword enemies do enough damage without cheating. (Did you know they have a secret perk called "extra damage to player?") Cause silver cuts through platemail really well bethesda hokay. Combine that with the fact that its much harder to dodge enemy power attacks due to the way that bethesda coded the game and you make for a frustrating experience.

its not really hard to dodge enemy power attacks. i do it constantly. they're actually telegraphed really well. i can usually dodge or at the very least raise my shield in time to block. yes sometimes tehy get me, but thats what makes it fun.

if enemy power attacks didnt have the chance to kill you, they wouldnt be very powerful would they?

the game is easy enough as it is. giving them the chance to kill you makes you have to play more carefully and wisely.

and it IS a killcam, its a special camera angle showing a kill. its a killcam, get over your weirdo CoD bandwagon hater rofl.(and before you get all whiny and overdefensive, no i dont play cod)
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#45VrindlvinePosted 12/10/2012 7:59:35 AM
I love cod. But its not a kill cam really. Except now i like the way that sounds so damn you and your subconcious suggestions. Also yes this game is easy this game is not dark souls I have played dark souls it is very hard this game is about roleplaying i was talking about adept difficulty. I dislike having to play well since im not very good at it. I also dislike healing through 1000's of points of damage mid combat but thats usually what i have to do.

The point about strong enemies not being able to deathblow you making them seem less special is a decent one. How about only named enemies can deathblow you. Also is it just me or have i never seen a draugr killcam i know im usually the one killing them but the falmer dont do it either and they kill me a lot.
---
Fanservice in mai bioshocks!?!
#46AarksharkPosted 12/10/2012 8:03:22 AM
C

-For the recently vindicated reason of "What the hell, I had so much health left!"
-Removal of control. Ok, I'll just dodge this a- Oh, I guess I'll get my head cut off.
-And; the sudden end to gameplay. Having fun, having fun... oh, guess I'm watching a 3 minute loading screen to replay a 20 minute dungeon again. *sigh*
---
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
Common sense is actually ultra rare and must be bought from premium spectre packs to have a chance of obtaining it. -Cicero.me-
#47LinkLuigiPosted 12/10/2012 8:10:02 AM
SkytheWiz1 posted...
C, to some extent.

For example, in the new DLC, I actually dodged an execute move. I backed away when realizing he was about to do a power attack.

I got my head cut off when - in the killcam - I was a good three feet from the tip of his hammer.

Come on, Beth. This is Skyrim. Not Black Ops 2.

Again, this.

The thing some guys here doesn't realize is that there is no "dodging" a killcam. It's completely random. If an enemy attack does damage equal to the amount of HP you have, then your dead, even if you have armor or a shield to mitigate damage. If the computer decides to do a killcam, it's gonna happen, other factors be damned.

I don't understand all of these lern2lplay comments. It's pretty much being killed by a random computer chance, not skill at all. If you like the random elements, sure, but other than that...
#48BipBapBam(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 8:24:34 AM
DahlVaughnni posted...
Yo have reared your inexperienced head. No one uses 2000 armor, the cap is much smaller than that. Meaning that anyone and everyone can reach the cap, easily, at a low level, without any glitches or loops. You just aren't good enough is all.

Tequila_Shot posted...

1.) The effective armor cap is 667, and goes down by 25 points for each piece of armor equipped, light or heavy.

2.) Hardly anyone runs around in Daedric Armor, because by the time you can make it, you can temper pretty much anything to the armor cap.

3.) Light armor can be just as effective as Heavy, if not moreso because of Deft Movement and Wind Walker.

First of all, I was exaggerating to prove a point, he claimed you shouldn't be overpowered by enemies on Master, which is complete BS unless you spam all the crafting skills. I'm aware armor doesn't even matter in terms of the executions so this discussion is pretty pointless.

And to everyone saying it adds a sense of challenge and fun, remember this isn't exactly something you can ''control''. There is no dodging the finishing moves, because you get locked in place. You could be at full health if you're a mage or just don't have that much health and be randomly one shot by that Ancient Dragon, even though you should've been able to tank it with your armor rating.

''Well herp derp you should just avoid it'' because this game's combat is all about going through every fight flawlessly right? I don't think anyone enjoys going through that whole dungeon or the last 20 minutes outside because the game decided to ignore your armor for no reason.
#49Fisto_Posted 12/10/2012 8:37:05 AM
I think enemies should execute you, but of course there's going to be issues with lag (or whatever you call it).
---
Please assume the position.
#50clone11Posted 12/10/2012 8:38:32 AM
D. It works the same for both the player and enemies. It's not like the enemies have some unfair advantage over me.

And frankly, it's easily avoidable for the player, even on expert and master. If it's too difficult for you, then perhaps you should turn the difficulty down.
---
"You persist too long after your own defeat. Come then, warrior. Have your resolution."