Why do you play this on console instead of PC?

#1acrylick42Posted 12/10/2012 4:28:19 AM
Topic.
---
Enchantment?
Enchantment!
#2daveliciousPosted 12/10/2012 4:32:13 AM
- comfort and convenience
- no temptation to use console commands to cheat
- once I DO buy this on PC, it's going to be so modded up to hell it won't be the same game
- I'd have to updgrade or buy a new PC to play this as well as my 360 does
---
PSN: Davelicious GT: DavePeesThePool
NEW SETUP: http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee174/Davelicious406/DSC02294.jpg
#3JakeyyPosted 12/10/2012 4:32:21 AM
I just feel more comfortable playing on a console. I had oblivion on both pc and console, and while it is better on pc mainly because of the mods you can get I still found myself playing it on console, it just feels better for me personally.
#4The_Real_TurnipPosted 12/10/2012 4:32:22 AM
Because my Xbox now has amazing Internet searching features, which makes it better then the PCs that people play Skyrim on. It's really great!
#5th3warr1orPosted 12/10/2012 4:34:37 AM
I bought it for the 360 because I was using a laptop when it came out. Now that I've got a pretty beefed up PC, I got it for the PC during the Steam Sale, and I don't even feel like playing it on the 360 anymore.
---
I am Thor Odinson of the Vikings, giant. I am not the god of reason and understanding.
#6DarkBlademasterPosted 12/10/2012 4:40:53 AM
davelicious posted...
- once I DO buy this on PC, it's going to be so modded up to hell it won't be the same game

^Pretty much covers everything. Everytime I play this type of game on PC, I end up spending all my time modding it and lose interest in the actual game.
---
GT: Vidar Immortal
www.youtube.com/vidar2112
#7shingaidenPosted 12/10/2012 4:41:44 AM(edited)
Only valid reason = too lazy/poor to upgrade PC.

Btw... which at this point... would cost nearly as much as an Xbox to get a Skyrim running PC.

Comfort/convenience? PC can hook up to TV.
Modded to hell? Don't.
Console command? Don't.
#8h0b0jo3Posted 12/10/2012 4:41:10 AM
davelicious posted...

Pretty much this.
---
"That's a shame. You just stepped... on a non-negotiable, big-ass ****ing landmine" ~ Revy
GT: aShinyAlakazam
#9zetsuhimozePosted 12/10/2012 4:45:05 AM
shingaiden posted...
Only valid reason = too lazy/poor to upgrade PC.

Btw... which at this point... would cost nearly as much as an Xbox to get a Skyrim running PC.

Comfort/convenience? PC can hook up to TV.
Modded to hell? Don't.
Console command? Don't.

Console also has more availability. My family uses the pc more than the tv so an xbox is easier. I have more than enough to upgrade the pc, but not the time to use. Besides i like using live chat while playing.
---
Psn zetsu_himoze
#10OmniVoidPosted 12/10/2012 4:53:58 AM
The only point to getting it on PC would be so I could run it with mods, if someone cares enough to run it with mods over Vanilla Skyrim they'll probably want to be able to play with super mega ultra highest settings, which a PC cheaper than a 360 MOST CERTAINLY can NOT do.

The most expensive 360 Bundle with largest HDD and Kinect costs $350. It seems to me people typically buy Bundles/Consoles in the $200 range. Show me a PC that starts at $350 that can play Skyrim with a bajillion mods running on the highest settings.

That besides, most people already had a 360 when Skyrim came out. The game is still very enjoyable without mods. The graphics don't look like they came from the end of next-gen like they can with mods, but it's still very fun. People easily sink 1000+ hours into Vanilla Skyrim.

Not 100% of the people that have Skyrim already have god-tier battle-stations HDMI'd to their TVs. The trouble that the majority of 360 players would have to go through to make the transition to playing it PC simply is not worth it in most cases.