Why do you play this on console instead of PC?

#141sinyxPosted 12/10/2012 9:00:02 PM
Consoles get more games, I get to play Halo and Skyrim on my Xbox. At this point consoles are on the level of pc, my 360 and PS3 can play Crysis 2 and Farcry 3 just fine. I can party up and play with my friends on XBL without havimg to download ventrillo or skype. I played pc for a long time, I played Diablo 2, Warcraft 3, Quake 3, WoW, and made mods for Doom 2 and 3. So as for the "You never played the pc version and are uninformed" argument is null and void with me.

I prefer console now, I miss nothing playing on consoles, they are the same as their pc counterparts. Some games like Call of Duty are being developed for the consoles first, and all are developed with consoles in mind. Even the mighty Blizzard is rumored to have Diablo 3 in development for consoles.

At one time consoles were subpar to pc versions, that has been long since died out. PC is still a platform, but far from the superior being you make the out to be. And again, the next gen consoles will be even more powerful.
---
Haters mean you're doing your job right.
GT and PSN: sinyx
#142ajko000Posted 12/10/2012 9:30:34 PM
Arn544 posted...
You know what, PC snobs need to just drink a glass of stfu

Yeah you can spend 2-3k on a PC and run at stuff at max specs, doesn't make low budget people less important than you.

I have the ps3 and PC versions of skyrim (I can run on max settings), yeah pc has nicer graphics and mods.
But in many ways I prefer the ps3 version though.

If I had a choice of which to play when a game or dlc launches I'm going with a console. I much prefer playing on a 65" led tv with 7.1 surround sound and a wireless/recharging controller while sitting back and relaxing versus sitting up at a computer desk on a 27" monitor and playing with a mouse and keyboard.

After the game or dlc has been finished then it's fun to load up the pc version and play around with mods. What I'd like to see for TES 6 is bethesda releasing a dev kit so ps4/xbox3 can also have mods. Doubt sony/microsoft would allow that but you never know.

And lastly I like having trophies, making beating stuff in the game feel more official.

Each version has it's upside, no reason to trash people who like playing something a different way.

You know I might actually welcome PC gamer's newly found god complexes, people having to listen to their crap for the next few years, suddenly the wii/ps/xbox fanboys are going to get along and we'll have less of a console war because we'll all hate pc gamers way more than we ever hated other console gamers.

Really? You prefer the PS3 over PC? I don't think you've even played it on the PC, because you wouldn't be saying that if you did.
---
Nothing to see here, but the post below me sure looks suspicious.
#143ajko000Posted 12/10/2012 9:31:40 PM
LinkBean posted...
Arn544 posted...

Yeah you can spend 2-3k on a PC and run at stuff at max specs, doesn't make low budget people less important than you.

I spent about $600 on my computer and I can play Skyrim on High with the HD texture pack and about 10 different graphical adjustment mods at 60 fps stable. And I get an unofficial patch that fixes all the problems you can't fix in the console versions. Now don't get me wrong, I played the 360 version for about 100 hours, but then I got a gaming PC and replayed it and the difference is like night and day.

This too, I think Arn is just lying to make it seem like the PS3 version is even stable.
---
#1441618dudePosted 12/10/2012 9:33:51 PM
sinyx posted...
Consoles get more games, I get to play Halo and Skyrim on my Xbox. At this point consoles are on the level of pc, my 360 and PS3 can play Crysis 2 and Farcry 3 just fine. I can party up and play with my friends on XBL without havimg to download ventrillo or skype. I played pc for a long time, I played Diablo 2, Warcraft 3, Quake 3, WoW, and made mods for Doom 2 and 3. So as for the "You never played the pc version and are uninformed" argument is null and void with me.

I prefer console now, I miss nothing playing on consoles, they are the same as their pc counterparts. Some games like Call of Duty are being developed for the consoles first, and all are developed with consoles in mind. Even the mighty Blizzard is rumored to have Diablo 3 in development for consoles.

At one time consoles were subpar to pc versions, that has been long since died out. PC is still a platform, but far from the superior being you make the out to be. And again, the next gen consoles will be even more powerful.

Well, I think that you do miss something. maybe you just don't care that much (or are lying hehe). PC gamers miss a lot by playing only on PC, console gamers miss a lot by only playing on consoles... While most of the games now are very console oriented, I don't agree with you that consoles are on par on the level of PC. You can do way to much with a pc than you can with a console. If you really did mods for Doom as you're saying, you know that. The pc games you have played are very old (and still awesome in some way) and sorry if I'm wrong, but it doesn't look like you had any contact with any new games on PC.
Anyway, it's your opinion, of course. I don't think I would enjoy playing any multiplatform games on consoles, but I guess I can understand why some people might think this is the best option. Maybe the differences are not so big as they were in the DOS era, but they still very big for me any many others.
#145jrr18Posted 12/10/2012 9:33:56 PM
ajko000 posted...
Arn544 posted...

I have the ps3 and PC versions of skyrim (I can run on max settings), yeah pc has nicer graphics and mods.

If I had a choice of which to play when a game or dlc launches I'm going with a console. I much prefer playing on a 65" led tv with 7.1 surround sound and a wireless/recharging controller while sitting back and relaxing versus sitting up at a computer desk on a 27" monitor and playing with a mouse and keyboard.

After the game or dlc has been finished then it's fun to load up the pc version and play around with mods. What I'd like to see for TES 6 is bethesda releasing a dev kit so ps4/xbox3 can also have mods. Doubt sony/microsoft would allow that but you never know.

And lastly I like having trophies, making beating stuff in the game feel more official.

Each version has it's upside, no reason to trash people who like playing something a different way.

You know I might actually welcome PC gamer's newly found god complexes, people having to listen to their crap for the next few years, suddenly the wii/ps/xbox fanboys are going to get along and we'll have less of a console war because we'll all hate pc gamers way more than we ever hated other console gamers.

Really? You prefer the PS3 over PC? I don't think you've even played it on the PC, because you wouldn't be saying that if you did.

PS3 master race how are you PC players enjoying uncharted? oh thats right you don't get it on PC. I do wish I could play halo though:(
---
Victory through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#1461618dudePosted 12/10/2012 9:44:30 PM
haha ps3 master race... now that's something. I have a ps3 and I hardly feel a superior being. I feel kinda silly actually. It's just an old machine that play some games that anyone with some spare money can buy.

FEEL THE WRATH OF MY ABILITY TO GO TO A STORE AND BUYING SOMETHING THAT ANYONE WITH SOME MONEY CAN!

Uncharted is ok, I guess. I enjoyed quite a bit, but I think there's way to much hype in the series, but I'm looking forward to "The Last of Us". I think it'll be a fun game.
#147jrr18Posted 12/10/2012 9:46:19 PM
1618dude posted...
haha ps3 master race... now that's something. I have a ps3 and I hardly feel a superior being. I feel kinda silly actually. It's just an old machine that play some games that anyone with some spare money can buy.

FEEL THE WRATH OF MY ABILITY TO GO TO A STORE AND BUYING SOMETHING THAT ANYONE WITH SOME MONEY CAN!

Uncharted is ok, I guess. I enjoyed quite a bit, but I think there's way to much hype in the series, but I'm looking forward to "The Last of Us". I think it'll be a fun game.

Well I could have said Wii master race but that would have been completely ridiculous.
---
PSN jrr101
#148ajko000Posted 12/10/2012 10:04:33 PM
jrr18 posted...
ajko000 posted...
Arn544 posted...

PS3 master race how are you PC players enjoying uncharted? oh thats right you don't get it on PC. I do wish I could play halo though:(

Uncharted? Oh! That one game that I don't have any interest in playing or even buying? Please, one game, and using an exclusive title does not determine superiority, especially that one.

Try again, maybe give me a list of exclusives rather than just one? Also, tell me, what are your specs again?

Note: Exclusives don't make a console better, they make your purchase and they make you biased.
---
#149ajko000Posted 12/10/2012 10:12:18 PM
If you would like to continue using exclusives as an argument btw, I have a wonderful title that's even made by Sony and exclusively for the PC! It's really cool, it's called Planetside 2. How many players can your console handle in/on one game/round? Planetside 2 can handle 6000 players on one server, that never ends or stops unless for server maintenance, there are no rounds, the game just keeps shifting.
---
#150jrr18Posted 12/10/2012 10:16:28 PM
I was kidding.
---
PSN jrr101