Why do you play this on console instead of PC?

#161KaraduinPosted 12/11/2012 2:04:38 AM
pc for pr0n. xbox for gaems.
#162Bigj089Posted 12/11/2012 2:24:34 AM
Im all for playing on whatever you want as I play on everything but reading some of these PC bashing messages makes me realize how insecure some people are and that some of them are most likely lying as well.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#163suksassPosted 12/11/2012 3:17:48 AM
Actually why do we have this argument? To play akyrim you need a play skyrim on pc you need a computer that is at nost 3 yeaes old o newer. To play on console you need xbox360 or ps3 which came out atleast 6 years ago. The old fat white xbox works just fine. So which machine is superior? There one that you need to constantly update components of if bot fully changing every 3-4 years or the one which will last for a decade without the need to update any components?
#1641618dudePosted 12/11/2012 7:00:26 AM
suksass posted...
Actually why do we have this argument? To play akyrim you need a play skyrim on pc you need a computer that is at nost 3 yeaes old o newer. To play on console you need xbox360 or ps3 which came out atleast 6 years ago. The old fat white xbox works just fine. So which machine is superior? There one that you need to constantly update components of if bot fully changing every 3-4 years or the one which will last for a decade without the need to update any components?

So... you're saying that x360 or ps3 is "superior" because they don't need upgrades? And hell, you even make a good argument to prefer the pc version. I mean, 3 years is quite a lot of time. Look, like I said before, I can understand the appeal that consoles have for some people. maybe they think mods, graphics and better performance is big a plus, but don't care enough to actually build a pc, or maybe they don't have the resource to buy one and the console is just fine...
you guys make it sound like upgrading the pc is some so difficult and annoying... how many hours some of you spent on gaming? probably a lot I guess. why spend some time, maybe an hour or less to put a new VGA and update the drivers or something like that is so difficult? I doubt that many of you that are saying all that "hassle" nonsense have ever done something like that.
Really, I'm pretty sure everyone here is capable of learning a thing or two about pc gaming in no time. there's no need to spout misinformation.

and btw, I think you know that the machine that need upgrades (not so many upgrades like you seem to think though) is way superior to the one that while may last a decade, is hardly powerful.
#165suksassPosted 12/11/2012 8:14:29 AM
1618dude posted...
suksass posted...

So... you're saying that x360 or ps3 is "superior" because they don't need upgrades? And hell, you even make a good argument to prefer the pc version. I mean, 3 years is quite a lot of time. Look, like I said before, I can understand the appeal that consoles have for some people. maybe they think mods, graphics and better performance is big a plus, but don't care enough to actually build a pc, or maybe they don't have the resource to buy one and the console is just fine...
you guys make it sound like upgrading the pc is some so difficult and annoying... how many hours some of you spent on gaming? probably a lot I guess. why spend some time, maybe an hour or less to put a new VGA and update the drivers or something like that is so difficult? I doubt that many of you that are saying all that "hassle" nonsense have ever done something like that.
Really, I'm pretty sure everyone here is capable of learning a thing or two about pc gaming in no time. there's no need to spout misinformation.

and btw, I think you know that the machine that need upgrades (not so many upgrades like you seem to think though) is way superior to the one that while may last a decade, is hardly powerful.

Actualy I partialy agree and disagree with you. My friend had designed a perfect PC for my gaming needs online. And I admit I still fancy it. But graphical update at the cost of 600 is really something to think about. Mods can both make the game and brake it with their own bugs. It actualy all comes down to preference.

But considering the fact that xbox360 lived for 6 years and you need to upgrade or change your pc every 3 years then with the upcoming 720 which lets say has graphics only a bit worse then medium-high end pc would mean that in the next 6 years or so I would spend atleast a 1000 pounds (including what I shall pay for pc now) to keep it superior. while console will cost at most 300. Thats quite a question of worth.

If the machine need to be upgraded every 3 years it doesn't proove that it superior to machine that needs to be changed or upgrade once every 6-7 years. The newer version is superior but the machine itself then is inferior as it requires costly upgrades to run the same program (after 3 years of existence) that the other one runs (even after 6years). Console may run the game on low-medium graphics. But a 6 year old pc will probably not run that game at all. So is it really superior?

And in that case then woun't the upcoming low budget indie console Ouya be a big threat for PC gaming? Android is no joke and has already prooved quite a threat to windows and pc's. The fact that it will only need to mostly upgrade it's software is also quite a challenge especially considering the fact that thouse updates are free. And with authors giving away creation tools it will be a threat to PC modding comunity. In no way I mean to emply that it will imedtiatly destroy pc gaming comunity on it's own but the longer it will exist the more threatening it will be. My same friend had shown me an interesting bit of news. Atomic graphic card. Combine it with ouya and PC gaming will have a serious problem on it's hand.
#166sinyxPosted 12/12/2012 9:58:44 AM
I will say this for PCs, if you really only play a few different games, like Skyrim, then yea get it on the PC for one reason only: the kill the kids mod. Made Fallout 3 much more enjoyable, and the snotty little brats in this game deserve to feel my wrath too! I'm not here to lick your father's boots you little ****! I'm here to kill him, you and your entire family! It would be great to give conles a chance to get some mods or do some modding. If they did a "best of" mods voted by the community that console players could download off the markets then I think that would be great, kind of what Left4Dead did.

There are also small games that wouldn't even register on your list unless you really go digging. One such game series for me is Disciples. Imagine Simcity meets Final Fantasy, with a dash of Warcraft and Lord of the Rings. You've probably never even heard of it, but they are on the 3rd installment. So indie titles and some the lesser know titles make PC good if you're adventurous in exploring what's out there.

Some of the PC type games like strategy and MMO's need to be played on a PC, if nothing else because consoles won't let us use mouse and keyboard for some unholy reason. Hello game companies? Sega did that back in 1999 with the Dreamcast you know making a keyboard to play some games online, one being PHANTASY STAR ONLINE. So for me that is one huge negative for consoles, to Nintendo's credit though they did release a Wii keyboard.

As for earlier when I said i miss nothing, I meant in game content. Using Doom 3 for an example, the Xbox version was hacked and shortened to almost 2/3 of the original game. There are entire levels missing which made the PC version much more enjoyable for me. there were a few mods, like the Duct tape mod and real gun sounds which helped me enjoy it a little more. On that note though, there many glitched and buggy mods that either didn't work together or caused some major game issues.

One thing that did drive me away from PC games was the constant hacking in games. A better player is just that, a better player. However when you're playing and someone is cheating they are only held to that particular game's rules. With XBL, for example, you aren't held to just the game's rules but Microsoft as well. You don't get to go and play another game because they ban your console from XBL. The graphic mods though and the small tweaks hold nothing for me. Entire mods that change the whole game are fun and do get my attention, which is what I did in Doom 2 and 3.

For these types of games though I enjoy the world created for me, people complain about how the world is dull and lifeless, I sit and look at all the little details. For the better graphics part, yes at some point once everything is all released cleaned up and polished I will definitely want to play it at least once on PC. To be honest most of my PC gaming is Blizzard games and once the Starcraft 2 expansion drops I will be on there almost daily. Diablo 3, while not stellar, also is a reason to get a new comp for me. For the most part though, my Xbox and PS3 lets me enjoy the "Vanilla" versions of the game just like you could on PC.

The exclusives like Halo, Gears of War and Forza for the Xbox, Twisted Metal, God of War, Little Big Planet (<- modders delight), Infamous, and Uncharted for the PS3 do get me watching. Nintendo is my company of choice above all else. They went under powered last gen but even then a new Smash Bros and Mario Kart keeps me checking back. PC is good, but doesn't hold the lofty heights it once enjoyed over consoles. It's like the difference between Xbox and PS3, both play Call of Duty exactly the same, its just which one you prefer.
---
Haters mean you're doing your job right.
GT and PSN: sinyx
#167jrr18Posted 12/12/2012 9:59:34 AM
This topic needs to die.
---
Victory through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#168gamesmasterwanttobePosted 12/12/2012 10:15:41 AM
I bought my PC 5 years ago and it still works well. Only Upgrade I have had in that time is an extra 4gb of RAM.
---
"I have a Girlfriend who is 13 years younger than me - Back of the net!"- Alan Partridge
FC (Trades/Battles) 5414 2981 6170
#169BoneKollectorPosted 12/12/2012 10:18:10 AM
Only because my pc won't handle it.
---
If You're 5 5 5
Then I'm 6 6 6
#170Marvel ManPosted 12/12/2012 11:04:48 AM
I just prefer consoles. I couldn't care less about mods, I'm interested in the developer's craftmanship, not stuff from random players.

Although if I ever comes across an "Imperial Wasteland" mod I'd buy a copy on PC just for it.
---
My steel has been tainted by the blood of a weakling!
"Goku would win because Gohan is stronger."