Why do you play this on console instead of PC?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Why do you play this on console instead of PC?

User Info: SkytheWiz1

SkytheWiz1
4 years ago#31
Only have a laptop, and it's not meant for gaming.

I already have a 360 and already have Live to play most games with my friends. Didn't see a reason in shelling out money for a PC when 90% of my entertainment comes from playing online with friends (none of whom play on PC).

I enjoy the 360 controller; I know it could be used on PC, but I don't have a USB connector for it, just a wireless controller.

And last, but certainly not least, I don't want to be one of those guys that goes to forums just to compare sizes.

Specs. I mean specs.
Pretend there are awe-inspiring lyrics
or oh-so-hilarious quotations here, please.

User Info: clone11

clone11
4 years ago#32
Only reasons to buy it for PC over console are mods, console commands, and potential for better graphics.

Since none of those things even remotely interest me, I really just prefer it on my Xbox. This way, my computer can stay at my desk, where it's far more comfortable. I don't have to go buy a wired controller or wireless adapter for my current controller. And I didn't have to risk my computer somehow not being compatible with Skyrim, a problem I've often had with PC games.

Plus, I got to be a beta tester for both Dawnguard and Dragonborn.
"You persist too long after your own defeat. Come then, warrior. Have your resolution."

User Info: darkportal785

darkportal785
4 years ago#33
davelicious posted...
- comfort and convenience
- no temptation to use console commands to cheat
- once I DO buy this on PC, it's going to be so modded up to hell it won't be the same game
- I'd have to updgrade or buy a new PC to play this as well as my 360 does
"I am the Princess of the Night. Thus it is my duty to come into your dreams."

User Info: JonWon15

JonWon15
4 years ago#34
SkytheWiz1 posted...
And last, but certainly not least, I don't want to be one of those guys that goes to forums just to compare sizes.

Specs. I mean specs.

Hah. This, I like.
Even if there isn't a hardcore mode...It's food. Eat it. Like a boss. It's a roleplaying game. Go have breakfast. -DoctorScraps

User Info: SkinMechanic

SkinMechanic
4 years ago#35
acrylick42 posted...
Topic.

Because my laptop can barely handle Morrowind, let alone Skyrim.
Want a biased, one-sided unfair opinion full of hatred and bile? Visit me on Twitter - @SkinMechanical.

User Info: hyjinx17

hyjinx17
4 years ago#36
alot of people don't have pc's that can run it. I myself had to upgrade my graphics card to play it at any decent quality
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.

User Info: Dougymc

Dougymc
4 years ago#37
I share my PC with 2 others (4 when I got the game) and my console is only ever used by me. Work around their PC schedules or my own personal schedule...

That and I prefer gaming in my bedroom, where the screen is 47".

User Info: suksass

suksass
4 years ago#38
More comfortable playing games on xbox.
It gets all the DLC's first.
And the last time I played it on PC all my mods killed the game same files.

User Info: Hash062

Hash062
4 years ago#39
I find Bethesda games absolutely terrible and boring to play. The only reason I've bothered with them is because of the huge modding community around every game. Therefore I can't understand how can anyone play this on console.

Dark Souls I understand completely, but this? Are you roleplaying something in your head to make up for nothing happening in-game? Seriously.

User Info: SoulRegalia

SoulRegalia
4 years ago#40
I'd love to use mods and the like. Just can't afford a high end gaming PC right now
If it defecates, urinates, or rudely barks orders, I have no issues with crushing its skull.-Shale
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Why do you play this on console instead of PC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived