Why do you play this on console instead of PC?

#41suksassPosted 12/10/2012 8:45:59 AM
Hash062 posted...
I find Bethesda games absolutely terrible and boring to play. The only reason I've bothered with them is because of the huge modding community around every game. Therefore I can't understand how can anyone play this on console.

Dark Souls I understand completely, but this? Are you roleplaying something in your head to make up for nothing happening in-game? Seriously.

Doesn't dark souls suffer from the same problem? with less stuff to do aside from killing?
#42todahouse21Posted 12/10/2012 8:52:18 AM
For me:

$400= 8+ Years of optimization for games

$1200+ = 8 Months of optimization with constant upgrading required just to be able to play

I did the gaming pc thing in high school. I spent a small fortune doing so which I now regret. Soon as I started paying my own bills I switched to consoles. Haven't looked back. I'm not a graphics whore and don't particularly care about mods. So consoles work out perfectly for me.
#43dansubmarinePosted 12/10/2012 8:55:58 AM
too poor to buy a gaming laptop nor do i want to spend that much money
#44Apl_JPosted 12/10/2012 8:57:33 AM
Pretty much solely because of alt-tab.

I never get engrossed in PC games cause I always end up looking crap up online while playing.
#45SythisTaruPosted 12/10/2012 9:05:02 AM
Creation Kit. Better than the game itself.
#46th3warr1orPosted 12/10/2012 9:06:51 AM
Mister_Linton posted...
How are you enjoying Dragonborn, PC players? Pretty cool huh?

Got it for 360.
---
I am Thor Odinson of the Vikings, giant. I am not the god of reason and understanding.
#47SythisTaruPosted 12/10/2012 9:07:00 AM
todahouse21 posted...
For me:

$400= 8+ Years of optimization for games

$1200+ = 8 Months of optimization with constant upgrading required just to be able to play

I did the gaming pc thing in high school. I spent a small fortune doing so which I now regret. Soon as I started paying my own bills I switched to consoles. Haven't looked back. I'm not a graphics whore and don't particularly care about mods. So consoles work out perfectly for me.

I'd be fine with consoles if it weren't for the jaggies. That's really the only thing keeping me from it. The framerates aren't too bad (for most games), but the jaggies just ruin immersion. I'm hopping next gen jaggies will become a thing of the past.
#48wesker741Posted 12/10/2012 9:07:43 AM
It runs slow on my pc
---
"Do not fear the AI director, for Coach, Louis, and the Holy Chocolate protect all who believe in them."
Pills 2:17
#49todahouse21Posted 12/10/2012 9:12:46 AM
SythisTaru posted...
I'd be fine with consoles if it weren't for the jaggies. That's really the only thing keeping me from it. The framerates aren't too bad (for most games), but the jaggies just ruin immersion. I'm hopping next gen jaggies will become a thing of the past.

Meh. I just don't notice it. The immersion happens in my head, not my eyes. Xbox graphics are good enough for me.
#50LeatherhidePosted 12/10/2012 9:16:07 AM
davelicious posted...
- comfort and convenience
- no temptation to use console commands to cheat
- once I DO buy this on PC, it's going to be so modded up to hell it won't be the same game
- I'd have to updgrade or buy a new PC to play this as well as my 360 does

I play on PS3, 360 and pc and I have this game for pc.

I never get tempted to cheat. Instead I can fix issues with the console commands. Even though I love this game, I can't deny that there are lots of bugs.

I indeed have mod support, altough I don't really use many mods. Screwing around with the creation kit is fun as well. I never use anything that gives me an advantage.

My pc is 2 years old. It's still kicking and will be for a few years.

My pc supports the game with maxed out graphics + the official HD graphics pack. I'm not a graphics whore but I spent so much time in Bethesda games that I want it to be as immersive as possible. Also my monitor's resolution is way higher that 720P, so it's sharper as well.
---
Fallout 3 isn't Oblivion with guns, it's Fallout 3 with Guns.