Why do you play this on console instead of PC?

#61LenneValkiryePosted 12/10/2012 10:06:25 AM
Because I don't like spending more time modding a game than actually playing it.
#62Brenz0rPosted 12/10/2012 10:07:31 AM
Aarkshark posted...
Brenz0r posted...
Aarkshark posted...
To paraphrase a brilliant madman:

"A console is like your basic sports car, and a PC is like a ****ing racing-grade car. They both do roughly the same thing, but the race-car can go way faster, is more expensive, and more impressive. But honestly, I don't care. My sports car does what I need it to do; get me to where I need to go. It's all I need."

A Honda Civic would get you where you need to go as well.

So would a Model-T.

Yep.

Or a bicycle.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#63AarksharkPosted 12/10/2012 10:08:42 AM
drkpendragon posted...
Now, for those of you who have other priorities, that's great, but it's silly to sit here and say the console version is superior.

...So, how's Dragonborn treating you?
---
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
Common sense is actually ultra rare and must be bought from premium spectre packs to have a chance of obtaining it. -Cicero.me-
#64AarksharkPosted 12/10/2012 10:10:48 AM
Brenz0r posted...
Aarkshark posted...
Brenz0r posted...
Aarkshark posted...
To paraphrase a brilliant madman:

"A console is like your basic sports car, and a PC is like a ****ing racing-grade car. They both do roughly the same thing, but the race-car can go way faster, is more expensive, and more impressive. But honestly, I don't care. My sports car does what I need it to do; get me to where I need to go. It's all I need."

A Honda Civic would get you where you need to go as well.

So would a Model-T.

Yep.

Or a bicycle.

I thought about saying that in response, but felt that it would undermine my analogy somewhat. Though a bicycle does require much more physical effort to utilize than a car.

So it'd be like using a PS3 instead of a 360.
...Low blow, yes, I know.
---
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
Common sense is actually ultra rare and must be bought from premium spectre packs to have a chance of obtaining it. -Cicero.me-
#65h3IIfir3pho3nixPosted 12/10/2012 10:11:49 AM
I honestly don't game on my PC because I like the separation between school and work. I know that when I go to school and take my laptop with me, I'm not going to be tempted to waste time gaming. Then when I come home at the end of the day and relax, I play Skyrim or other games.

Also, the other reasons mentioned.
---
"At least Harbinger came up with his own catchphrase. Obama has to steal his from Bob the builder." -iamdanthaman
#66cynic79Posted 12/10/2012 10:19:37 AM
shingaiden posted...
Only valid reason = too lazy/poor to upgrade PC.

Btw... which at this point... would cost nearly as much as an Xbox to get a Skyrim running PC.

Comfort/convenience? PC can hook up to TV.
Modded to hell? Don't.
Console command? Don't.

Why spend the money to upgrade my PC for one game when I already have a 360? Plus, my PC is primarily used for work (my wife uses it while I game) and I would rather not go to the considerable effort of setting up a switching system so I could play games on the tv in another room.
#67mike_testPosted 12/10/2012 10:34:14 AM
Because I heard it wasn't made for the PC first.

Which in itself is a first for the Elder Scrolls series.
#68JWhiskeyPosted 12/10/2012 10:41:38 AM
drkpendragon posted...
Now, for those of you who have other priorities, that's great, but it's silly to sit here and say the console version is superior.

The question was "why on console instead of the PC", not "which is superior". None of the answers here seem to claim that the XBOX version is superior...

Unless you count the Dragonborn comments...

Which are true.
---
Anatidaephobia: The fear that somewhere, somehow, a duck is watching you.
The ubertoss -> http://youtu.be/LlREAFP5Dns
#69TKDBoy1889Posted 12/10/2012 11:10:36 AM
My computer could not handle Skyrim's system requirements well, even on a low or medium setting.
#70drkpendragonPosted 12/10/2012 11:18:08 AM
Aarkshark posted...
drkpendragon posted...

...So, how's Dragonborn treating you?

I have plenty of things to do while I wait. Playing BF3 and BL2 with friends and FC3 just came out. Furthermore, I don't only play games. The advantages on PC far outweigh DLC that is only a month early.

JWhiskey posted...
drkpendragon posted...

The question was "why on console instead of the PC", not "which is superior". None of the answers here seem to claim that the XBOX version is superior...

Unless you count the Dragonborn comments...

Which are true.

It's merely a choice of words. The simple act of this argument, in most cases, has been "because I enjoy this aspect better about this system." Which is also why I made the qualifier that it's fine if someone has other priorities.
---
There are no heroes in war.--Metal Gear Solid
God didn't create humans, its humans who created God.