Why do you play this on console instead of PC?

#91PathlessBulletPosted 12/10/2012 11:58:59 AM
Because:

1) I don't have a controller adapter for my 360 controller to work on PC yet
2) My preferred monitor for gaming is in another room entirely
3) I would still have to wait a few more years for the really good mods to come out
4) The PC version is a straight up console port that needs mods (SkyUI) to even be acceptably playable with KB&M
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#92Morael_ThelPosted 12/10/2012 11:59:04 AM
I've tried different mods for different games, including Skyrim. I don't like it enough to spend the extra money. I'm satisfied with the dlc Bethesda provides, and I don't sit at the computer or xbox for hours upon hours, so I'd be wasting my money. The 360 is simple and doesn't require as much upkeep.
#93pauljc1Posted 12/10/2012 12:17:32 PM
1) Mods are fanfiction. I couldn't care less about them. Lightsabers and LOTR armors don't belong in TES.

2) The textures and FPS on the Xbox look fine. I don't give a crap about pixel count if something looks fine. Does the PC version technically look better? Sure. Is it enough of an improvement to actually spend money on? No.

3) I COULD hook up my PC to my HDTV, but I don't want to. I don't want to be staring at a big screen while I'm working, and I don't want to have to switch monitors or move the keyboard from the desk to the couch and back everytime I switch between gaming and work/internet surfing.

4) The gamepad is more comfortable than a keyboard.

5) Random reasons that I'm a console gamer as a matter of principle:
-No worrying about system reqs or spending an hour messing with settings. I go into the store and see that Xbox ribbon atop the box and know that all the games will work only by popping in the disk.
-No BS DRM. Anyone who played Diablo III knows what I'm talking about here. This is the future of PC gaming.
-Xbox Live is better than anything on PC.
#94MizunoRyuuPosted 12/10/2012 12:26:33 PM
Controllers are actually designed for games. Keyboards and mice are not.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#95gamesmasterwanttobePosted 12/10/2012 12:33:08 PM
pauljc1 posted...
1) Mods are fanfiction. I couldn't care less about them. Lightsabers and LOTR armors don't belong in TES.

2) The textures and FPS on the Xbox look fine. I don't give a crap about pixel count if something looks fine. Does the PC version technically look better? Sure. Is it enough of an improvement to actually spend money on? No.

1) Many mods simply add to the depth of the game, fix and rebalance the classes and races and meat out the portions of the game that Bethesda spent less time on.

2) Xbox graphics are absolutely terrible and look about the same as Skyrim does on the PC on low settings.

I'm not trying to say that one thing is better than the other but you are spouting misinformation tbh and clearly don't know what you are talking about. All I see is jaded insecurity..
---
"I have a Girlfriend who is 13 years younger than me - Back of the net!"- Alan Partridge
FC (Trades/Battles) 5414 2981 6170
#96NicodaemosPosted 12/10/2012 12:34:12 PM
Keyboards and mice are not.

http://www.newlaunches.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/razer-naga-590x389.jpg
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer
#97jrr18Posted 12/10/2012 12:34:41 PM
gamesmasterwanttobe posted...
pauljc1 posted...

1) Many mods simply add to the depth of the game, fix and rebalance the classes and races and meat out the portions of the game that Bethesda spent less time on.

2) Xbox graphics are absolutely terrible in my opinion and look about the same as Skyrim does on the PC on mid settings.

I'm not trying to say that one thing is better than the other but you are spouting misinformation tbh and clearly don't know what you are talking about. All I see is jaded insecurity..

fixed
---
Victory through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#98PathlessBulletPosted 12/10/2012 12:44:15 PM(edited)
2) Xbox graphics are absolutely terrible and look about the same as Skyrim does on the PC on low settings. .

Louis ck said it best, people just go for the top shelf with their words now. Terrible? Why do people exaggerate so much? I played the game, I know what you are saying is complete crap and so do you. Is it as high in graphical prowess as the PC version? No, but it's nowhere near terrible. Like you were sitting there playing the console version and you just went "ahhhhh that looks terrible!!".............shut up.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#99gamesmasterwanttobePosted 12/10/2012 12:44:14 PM
PathlessBullet posted...
2) Xbox graphics are absolutely terrible and look about the same as Skyrim does on the PC on low settings. .

Louis ck said it best, people just go for the top shelf with their words now. Terrible? Why do people exaggerate so much? I played the game, I know what you are saying is compete crap and so do you. Is it as high in graphical prowess as the PC version? No, but it's nowhere near terrible. Like you were sitting there playing the console version and you just went "ahhhhh that looks terrible!!".............shut up.

Terrible anti-aliasing and shadow striping that is completely unfixable on xbox.
IMO these graphical errors blight the game and make it rather ugly. Stop crying over nothing.
---
"I have a Girlfriend who is 13 years younger than me - Back of the net!"- Alan Partridge
FC (Trades/Battles) 5414 2981 6170
#100pauljc1Posted 12/10/2012 12:45:17 PM

I'm not saying they don't add depth, I'm saying that depth is like internet fanfic writers adding depth to A Song of Ice and Fire.

And I like how Bethesday balanced things just fine.

2) Xbox graphics are absolutely terrible and look about the same as Skyrim does on the PC on low settings.

I'm not trying to say that one thing is better than the other but you are spouting misinformation tbh and clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Just not true. Skyrim on Xbox looks better than some PC games did a couple years ago. Graphics might not be as good, but not "absolutely terrible".

All I see is jaded insecurity..

...said the PC gamer who went to the Xbox forum to proclaim his own system's superiority.