Dragonborn DLC How to start?

#1TheWastingLightPosted 12/10/2012 1:00:04 PM
Pretty much the topic. I've paid and downloaded the DLC. Loaded up a character and walked around for about an hour in each town and no one has approached me or attacked me or anything... Have I done something wrong? Help?
#2M4TTB4K3RPosted 12/10/2012 1:01:54 PM
You have to have met the greybeards and been sent on the mission to retrieve the horn of jurgen whats-is-bucket. Once that quest becomes active the cultists start showing up.
---
GT: matbak
#3TheWastingLight(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 1:04:50 PM
M4TTB4K3R posted...
You have to have met the greybeards and been sent on the mission to retrieve the horn of jurgen whats-is-bucket. Once that quest becomes active the cultists start showing up.

I finished the main storyline a long time ago, is that going to be a problem?
#4obishawnPosted 12/10/2012 1:04:54 PM
You could just go to Windhelm and talk to the guy on the boat, get him to take you to Solstheim, which should start the quest
---
Winter is coming
#5TheWastingLight(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 1:05:58 PM
obishawn posted...
You could just go to Windhelm and talk to the guy on the boat, get him to take you to Solstheim, which should start the quest

This sounds promising if it gives me the option.. Is he outside the town? Thanks for this tip.
#6TheWastingLight(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 1:14:50 PM
Can't find any guy with a boat. There's a guy who asks me to kill some pirates and then there's one that will take me to a few ports but he doesn't list any new places? If anyone can help that'd be great. I've had the DLC for three hours and not played a second of it?
#7obishawnPosted 12/10/2012 1:20:58 PM
Before I got to play it, people were saying you could talk to the guy on the boat to initialize the quest. For me, after downloading, the next time I started the game and stepped outside, two cultists approached me.
---
Winter is coming
#8shooby3000Posted 12/10/2012 1:21:42 PM
I just walked around some cities until a cultist (guy in robes with a crazy, spiked mask) approached and antagonized me. It was about 15 real time minutes after downloading the DLC.

Make sure you have the latest Skyrim patch from Xbox Live. Then perhaps try installing the game to your hard drive? That's what I did and it worked.
#9TheWastingLight(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 1:30:28 PM
Okay...

All I had to do was exit the game and let the add ons load up. I downloaded it and selected continue straight away. All I needed to do was restart the game...

Now this is awkward.
#10SkytheWiz1Posted 12/10/2012 2:46:21 PM
I've yet to find a "main quest" for the DLC, but I went to Windhelm and jumped on a boat to get there (did not get attacked by cultists first).
---
Pretend there are awe-inspiring lyrics
or oh-so-hilarious quotations here, please.