If I create a Kahjit character and leave him somewhere in the wilderness

#31RampagingwalrusPosted 12/11/2012 11:13:48 AM
The "experiment" called for a sealed box, which negates the ability for any living thing to breath, so therefore, one can only assume that the contents of said box are dead.
There is no way to logically assume that the contents are alive.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#32govnentPosted 12/11/2012 11:16:29 AM
Oh look, Schrodinger cat joke again. The concept Schrodinger was trying to explain works at a molecule level. He used allegory to try to explain a quantum mechanic. If you put the cat in a box with poison, it will die. The cat is not a particle and therefore cannot be in two states. Stop miss interpreting this concept, and do some real research on what Schrodinger was actually saying, then you can actually be smart instead of simply trying to look like it.
#33Ryukage01Posted 12/11/2012 11:28:34 AM
govnent posted...
Oh look, Schrodinger cat joke again. The concept Schrodinger was trying to explain works at a molecule level. He used allegory to try to explain a quantum mechanic. If you put the cat in a box with poison, it will die. The cat is not a particle and therefore cannot be in two states. Stop miss interpreting this concept, and do some real research on what Schrodinger was actually saying, then you can actually be smart instead of simply trying to look like it.

this^

freakin dingbats...
---
Cpl. Tom Morse, USMC, Founder of the Casual Killers Squad (CKS) Join Now! GT xKAGENEKO
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/#!/bf3/platoon/2832655391541157465/
#34jodiebigballsPosted 12/11/2012 12:05:06 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
Geomagnus posted...
If someone were to bury you, but wasn't sure you were alive, you could either be alive, or dead. They don't know. Therefore, you could be considered both in their mind, because they simply do not know.

Only if they're "special". Did you not catch the contradiction in your own post?

"You could be either...or"
"Could be considered both"

Pick one. You can't be either this or that, yet still both of them.

Of course you can be either or both.
It's a very simple concept....

Unless something is being directly observed you, nor anyone else knows exactly what state it is in, therefore you have to accept it could be either, both or a completely new state.
---
Live Fast, Die Young.....Leave A Good Looking Corpse
#35govnentPosted 12/11/2012 12:08:40 PM
Only if you disregard logic first.
#36SkinMechanicPosted 12/11/2012 12:14:53 PM
I have nothing to add to this. I'm new here, and I just wanted to say - you guys will argue about ANYTHING. And you won't do it in a sensible, thought-provoking fashion, either. You guys seem to need to chill the Hell out.

Don't bother turning your insane anger on me, please, I'm just making an observation.
---
Want a biased, one-sided unfair opinion full of hatred and bile? Visit me on Twitter - @SkinMechanical.
#37Zenki_HotsumaruPosted 12/11/2012 12:39:02 PM
Knowing the cat is alive or dead is easy enough since it would claw the box or meow loudly if it was alive....unless it became a zombie cat. Then its both dead and alive.
#38TheBestFallerPosted 12/11/2012 12:46:45 PM
jodiebigballs posted...
Of course you can be either or both.
It's a very simple concept....

Unless something is being directly observed you, nor anyone else knows exactly what state it is in, therefore you have to accept it could be either, both or a completely new state.

Yeah, just like how I am both alive and dead because you can't see me, right?
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#39grumpysmurf011Posted 12/11/2012 1:11:14 PM(edited)
maybe this will help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schrödinger's_cat .
---
Conquest is made of the ashes of one's enemies.-Starscream
#40specialkid8Posted 12/11/2012 1:34:06 PM
Wow, I'm glad I got in here before all this.