If I create a Kahjit character and leave him somewhere in the wilderness

#41jodiebigballsPosted 12/11/2012 4:09:56 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
jodiebigballs posted...
Of course you can be either or both.
It's a very simple concept....

Unless something is being directly observed you, nor anyone else knows exactly what state it is in, therefore you have to accept it could be either, both or a completely new state.

Yeah, just like how I am both alive and dead because you can't see me, right?

TheBestFaller posted...
jodiebigballs posted...
Of course you can be either or both.
It's a very simple concept....

Unless something is being directly observed you, nor anyone else knows exactly what state it is in, therefore you have to accept it could be either, both or a completely new state.

Yeah, just like how I am both alive and dead because you can't see me, right?

Nope, I'm not saying you are both alive and at the same time....I'm saying that if something (yes even you) is not being directly observed then you simply cannot rule out every single possibility.
Are you most likely alive? Yes.
Is it within the realm of possibilities that you may Infact be in a previously undiscovered state because there has never been anyone in history to observe you in this state? Also yes.

It's the same as the cat, until the cat is being observed by someone then it can be thought of as being alive, dead, a combination of both, in a completely separate reality, a mongoose, a watering can.....anything.

Unless you know for certain (which you never can, because opening the box would be directly observing the cat, thus changing perception of state) then you have to accept that all are possible.....some obviously more plausible than others......but nevertheless all possible.

If you still don't understand that we can move on to something a little easier? Like The Doppler Effect maybe?
---
Live Fast, Die Young.....Leave A Good Looking Corpse
#42youshallbeasgodPosted 12/11/2012 5:26:01 PM
Yes, please explain the Doppler effect for us, Sheldon.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#43TutelarSwordPosted 12/11/2012 5:28:31 PM
zerobobo posted...
i always thought Schrodinger cat was a stupid concept. the cat is either dead or alive, its not both. just because you dont know doesn't change it. look in the damn box stupid.

He actually made up the situation to show how silly the theory it "explains" is... Unfortunately everyone took him seriously and we still learn about this in school and such...
---
Proud Black Hat and Engineer user.
I unfortunately caused several topics about nukes in Black Ops II and made mine talk about STDs. Oppsies?
#44RampagingwalrusPosted 12/11/2012 5:29:11 PM
The "Doppler Effect" is the method for best slapping the stupid out of people.
Typically this is done in a full upper body twist, at the hips, open palmed, and with a running start.
For best effect, it should be immediately followed with an elbow drop.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#45youshallbeasgodPosted 12/11/2012 5:32:45 PM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
The "Doppler Effect" is the method for best slapping the stupid out of people.
Typically this is done in a full upper body twist, at the hips, open palmed, and with a running start.
For best effect, it should be immediately followed with an elbow drop.

God, I love physics.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#46BushidoEffect3Posted 12/11/2012 6:08:25 PM
agentspoon posted...
Until you actually return to see him, he can be considered both alive and dead...
Schrodinger.

/topic

*hands you a "Spoons Medal of Excellence"*

Good reference he made lol.
---
http://i49.tinypic.com/69gf9z.jpg
#47BushidoEffect3Posted 12/11/2012 6:11:57 PM
So are the posters her alive or dead?

I am both then. WOWLLOO LOOO LOOO LOOO!!! TURN THE GAME OFF NOW!!! I need scissors! 69! HARI KARI SQUID- TUning FoRK! OOooo oo AHHH AHHHHH AaaaHH! Monkey pyjak..
I like pineapple juice!
---
http://i49.tinypic.com/69gf9z.jpg
#48tzar_666Posted 12/11/2012 7:40:35 PM
there was a star trek episode where they were trying to help a woman only later to realize she was already dead even though they were talking to her. she was both dead and alive.
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#49Leviathan412Posted 12/11/2012 7:43:59 PM
Doesn't the game auto-reload after death?

He'd be alive.

/topic
#50tzar_666Posted 12/11/2012 8:18:33 PM
Leviathan412 posted...
Doesn't the game auto-reload after death?

He'd be alive.

/topic

unless the game freezes
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2