Why are mods so popular amongst the PC crowd?

#1TheCongoPosted 12/11/2012 7:55:43 AM
I think it kind of ruins the game.

I can understand useful mods but the majority of them are so very pointless.
---
"The worst thing about quotes found on the internet is you never really know if they are true or not." - Abraham Lincoln
#2casimirneyPosted 12/11/2012 7:59:14 AM
You know that thing you wish was a little different? And you know how it would be nice if the graphics looked just a little cleaner, and the draw distance was better? And remember that time you got stuck on a quest, because of some little glitch?

That's why.
#3The_Real_TurnipPosted 12/11/2012 8:02:43 AM
Just going through Nexus, it seems to be because they're all pervs? All the top rated / popular ones are skimpy armours, female replacement models with zero regard for anatomical accuracy and "beauty" mods (beauty is in "air quotes" because it usually means some kind of doll like hyper smooth and plastic looking thing - NFI what the fetish there is...).
#4Poundx2Posted 12/11/2012 8:05:54 AM
You ever notice how every house you can buy in the vanilla game lacks one or all of the crafting stations, forcing you to go out and use someone else's crafting station? Or how the scimitar looks like something from an episode of Scooby Doo? Or that all the cool, weird critters that were present in earlier games are gone, leaving only a select few enemy types? Wouldn't it be cool if there were more monsters/animals?

That's why.
---
I know what I did was wrong, but they were so pretty.
#5SchesparnPosted 12/11/2012 8:05:55 AM
On any of the Nexuses (nexi? Haha), you have to look at the "Top 100 non-adult" list, that's for sure. :D
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif
#6Poundx2Posted 12/11/2012 8:08:27 AM(edited)
Schesparn posted...
On any of the Nexuses (nexi? Haha), you have to look at the "Top 100 non-adult" list, that's for sure. :D

Or just look at the Steam Workshop.
---
I know what I did was wrong, but they were so pretty.

Here's a great little mod that is family friendly.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=107889592&searchtext=
#7poppen695Posted 12/11/2012 8:10:43 AM
Nudity...that's the real underlying reason. No one would ever admit it as the driving force, but nudity mods are almost always the most downloaded of all mod types...

It kinda tells you a lot about modern gamers, in a sick pervy kinda way.
#8Darg727Posted 12/11/2012 8:11:49 AM
The_Real_Turnip posted...
Just going through Nexus, it seems to be because they're all pervs? All the top rated / popular ones are skimpy armours, female replacement models with zero regard for anatomical accuracy and "beauty" mods (beauty is in "air quotes" because it usually means some kind of doll like hyper smooth and plastic looking thing - NFI what the fetish there is...).

Not everyone has replaced reality with anime.

To answer the question, I personally enjoy the improved magic experience and specifically Immersive Weapons and Immersive Armor. Not only that, "bug" fixes are a quality of life improvement.
#9tzar_666Posted 12/11/2012 8:12:47 AM
if bethesda didnt want us moding they wouldn't hand out free development kits. i still got mine for morrowind. ever see the fallout 3 s.t.a.l.k.e.r. mod its great. bethesda gives away free development kits people are going to use them.

p.s. command and conquer has hundreds of mods. try them
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#1013thDragon13Posted 12/11/2012 8:13:03 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]