Why are mods so popular amongst the PC crowd?

#31GriffRobertsPosted 12/11/2012 11:11:00 AM
Mods range from completely overhauling the game/graphics to fixing those tiny little subjective issues someone might have with the game.

What I can't f***ing stand are the people who think they're smarter than game devs because they used a mod to fix an "issue" with the vanilla game. Especially when they mod it to the point where it's broken and unbalanced as hell, and then rag on the developers for making a completely different game. Of f***ing course you'd like a modded version of Skyrim better, you pick what mods go into it!
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#32crondizzlePosted 12/11/2012 11:18:48 AM
TheCongo posted...
I think it kind of ruins the game.

I can understand useful mods but the majority of them are so very pointless.

Lol, then you're missing out big time buddy.

There are sooo many mods they basically turn it into a whole new game.
#33LockeadonPosted 12/11/2012 11:23:36 AM
1618dude posted...
TheBestFaller posted...
Folstern posted...
They're great because they explore aspects of the game that were fully intended to be explored by the developers, but were left out for various reasons.

Like nipples? Real "exploratory".

sigh... hahaha yes. nipples. some of you guys are amazing. many know nothing but still want to say something.

there is certainly no shortage of idiots here >.> welcome to earth.
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider
#34poppen695Posted 12/11/2012 11:24:42 AM
There was a mod for Oblivion on the Nexus that added 3 foot long erect penises to all male characters....at one point it had like 75K downloads....and you wonder why mods often get a bad name or get associated with pervs?
#35GriffRobertsPosted 12/11/2012 11:26:01 AM
There's an obvious reason mods are so popular. Doesn't mean Bethesda should put any of them in the vanilla game.

Except for the ones they deem so awesome they take inspiration from. But why keep a good idea from making it just because you weren't the first to think of it?
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#36suksassPosted 12/11/2012 11:26:06 AM
poppen695 posted...
There was a mod for Oblivion on the Nexus that added 3 foot long erect penises to all male characters....at one point it had like 75K downloads....and you wonder why mods often get a bad name or get associated with pervs?

Don't they still that horror in Skyrim?
#37poppen695Posted 12/11/2012 11:28:47 AM
suksass posted...
poppen695 posted...

Don't they still that horror in Skyrim?

I wouldn't doubt it if it was one of the first mods to get transitioned tbh.
#38LockeadonPosted 12/11/2012 11:28:47 AM
GriffRoberts posted...
Mods range from completely overhauling the game/graphics to fixing those tiny little subjective issues someone might have with the game.

What I can't f***ing stand are the people who think they're smarter than game devs because they used a mod to fix an "issue" with the vanilla game. Especially when they mod it to the point where it's broken and unbalanced as hell, and then rag on the developers for making a completely different game. Of f***ing course you'd like a modded version of Skyrim better, you pick what mods go into it!

its already broken and unbalanced as hell o.o
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider
#39TheBestFallerPosted 12/11/2012 11:34:51 AM
Lockeadon posted...

there is certainly no shortage of idiots here >.> welcome to earth.

Like those people who make/download perverted mods? I agree.
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#40Aqua69696Posted 12/11/2012 11:38:40 AM
ronin_nexus posted...
For me, because of this:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19281

Requiem (plus the other eighty mods that I'm currently using, but mostly Requiem) really makes Skyrim feel like a completely different game.

I like the look of this (am a Morrowind fan), but it looks like Stamina has become the "best" stat once again, like in Normal Skyrim. An increase in movement speed, even if it's only .5% per 10, is still a great thing to have, especially since more Stamina means more sprinting.
---
But there's still tomorrow Forget the sorrow And I can be on the Last Train Home
Watch it pass the day As it fades away No more time to care No more time Today