Why are mods so popular amongst the PC crowd?

#41EVILBRENDAPosted 12/11/2012 11:49:35 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#42jrr18Posted 12/11/2012 11:53:30 AM
Not all mod are bad there was one for fallout 3 I would have tried if my computer could play it. It was real time settler or something and it let you make your own city.
---
Victory through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#43ChargrilledPosted 12/11/2012 11:54:26 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#44Legendary_MusasPosted 12/11/2012 11:58:54 AM(edited)
Mods are amazing and can add things to the game the developers were too lazy to add in.

Case in point, one of my favourite mods allows your companion to transform into a Werewolf when you fight something. Why wasn't that in vanilla with the companions?

Also LOOOOOTS of really good weapon and armour aesthetic mods. (Heck I'm doing a new runthrough with friggin Orcrist from the Hobbit as my main weapon).Also fix the magic system so it is actually viable at high levels.
---
I was born of your dreams. If you believe in me... ...there is nothing I cannot do
#45poppen695Posted 12/11/2012 11:58:33 AM
Legendary_Musas posted...
Mods are amazing and can add things to the game the developers were too lazy to add in.

Like 3 foot long erect penises and sexually mature children.
#46jrr18Posted 12/11/2012 11:59:16 AM

Case in point, one of my favourite mods allows your companion to transform into a Werewolf when you fight something. Why wasn't that in vanilla with the companions?

Also LOOOOOTS of really good weapon and armour aesthetic mods. Also fix the magic system so it is actually viable at high levels.

Magics already viable at high levels.
---
PSN jrr101
#47Legendary_MusasPosted 12/11/2012 11:59:54 AM
poppen695 posted...

Like 3 foot long erect penises and sexually mature children.

Nope bug fixes, omitted features etc.
---
I was born of your dreams. If you believe in me... ...there is nothing I cannot do
#48Legendary_MusasPosted 12/11/2012 12:00:15 PM
jrr18 posted...

Also LOOOOOTS of really good weapon and armour aesthetic mods. Also fix the magic system so it is actually viable at high levels.

lol no it's not.
---
#49jrr18Posted 12/11/2012 12:01:08 PM
jrr18 posted...

lol no it's not.

100% cost reduction and stun lock say's hi.
---
PSN jrr101
#50suksassPosted 12/11/2012 12:01:09 PM
EVILBRENDA posted...
Jebus, this is a despicable thread. I own a gaming PC/360/PS3 and this is nothing more than children with no PC versus adults with a PC.

What the hell does an Arkansas neckbeard have to do with owning a PC? All that hate because you don't have a PC. Stop buying Pokemon games and you could afford a good rig.

Mods are wonderful. We don't have to wait 6 months for a patch when the community can create one in a week. We don't have to wait on disc based DLC, we can create our own. The first "DLC" for Morrowind was a user created adventure, or mod for the simple minded. Go here:

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=mods.list

You got to be a frigging idiot not to see how fun it can be. And some of you, just to be an ass, will still hate on it. Just keep paying your 60 dollars for yet another derivative COD title and whining because you suck and everything is OP. You could have a PC and not wait 2 years for a DLC that's already on the disc. You could spend your spare neckbeard rant time working a part time job and building a rig. But it's easier to sit here and be the 2012 Internet Tough Guy because you don't own a PC for anything other than coming here and checking your worthless Facebook page.

Grow up.

As fun as Mods are, they do bring their own bugs and that is something you have to admit. but yeah if you find mods that you enjoy (with minimum amount of bugs) they can make skyrim more interesting after you've done most staff in vanila.

Still I was creeped out by some of the mods people come up with that have rather inocent names.