Why are mods so popular amongst the PC crowd?

#51Legendary_MusasPosted 12/11/2012 11:02:03 AM
jrr18 posted...
Legendary_Musas posted...
jrr18 posted...
Mods are amazing and can add things to the game the developers were too lazy to add in.

Case in point, one of my favourite mods allows your companion to transform into a Werewolf when you fight something. Why wasn't that in vanilla with the companions?

Also LOOOOOTS of really good weapon and armour aesthetic mods. Also fix the magic system so it is actually viable at high levels.

Magics already viable at high levels.

lol no it's not.

100% cost reduction and stun lock say's hi.

Both are basically ways to cheat the system, I'm talking about no overpowered enchantments.
---
I was born of your dreams. If you believe in me... ...there is nothing I cannot do
#52suksassPosted 12/11/2012 11:03:37 AM
While we are on the topic of mods. Is there a mod that fixes saves not loading (or loading for an hour) outside the building bug? I
#53jrr18Posted 12/11/2012 11:04:09 AM
jrr18 posted...
jrr18 posted...
Mods are amazing and can add things to the game the developers were too lazy to add in.

Case in point, one of my favourite mods allows your companion to transform into a Werewolf when you fight something. Why wasn't that in vanilla with the companions?

Also LOOOOOTS of really good weapon and armour aesthetic mods. Also fix the magic system so it is actually viable at high levels.

Magics already viable at high levels.

lol no it's not.

100% cost reduction and stun lock say's hi.

Both are basically ways to cheat the system, I'm talking about no overpowered enchantments.

Duel demora lords= I win
---
Victory through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#54Legendary_MusasPosted 12/11/2012 11:06:07 AM
I meant more Destruction.
---
I was born of your dreams. If you believe in me... ...there is nothing I cannot do
#55LenneValkiryePosted 12/11/2012 11:07:02 AM
Nude mods, 'nuff said.
Say what you want, but when Skyrim Nexus has an entire search filter for adult mods, you know they make for a huge part of the modding community.

I find quite disturbing and disgusted to see that most gamers are such perverts.
#56jrr18Posted 12/11/2012 11:08:29 AM

poitions.
---
Victory through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#57Flow_149Posted 12/11/2012 11:10:42 AM
This topics kinda pointless, imo.
If you want real reactions instead of unfounded generalizations you should ask the PC board instead.
#58TheSpectrePosted 12/11/2012 11:11:34 AM
Its staggering when "nerds" call other "nerds" "nerds" or some other derogatory form of it. Its like sitting on a gaming forum discussing a game that ironically the mainstream non-gaming audience would be equally harsh and dismissive of you for playing doesnt strike some cord of awareness (seriously, this isnt Madden or CoD, this is no "dudebro" mainstream acceptability pass for this game), but then to be so oblivious as to try and call out another gamer because he plays on a different console is so absurd its hilarious. How is our community as a whole so disjointed and tbh silly that we discriminate based on console?

Maybe its just me because Im fortunate enough own a 360 a PS3 and a gaming PC that I built I have a different perspective. For me the decision is "what will this particular game run best on" (which isnt always PC btw since that can come with an entirely different set of crap). For games like this, PC has more flexibility with mods and frankly if these mods were available on Xbox or PS3 I'm 99.9% sure the top mods would still be skanky armor mods and things along those lines. That said, I went 360 for this game and the benefit there is better dlc support it seems.
---
http://picard.ytmnd.com/
#59suksassPosted 12/11/2012 11:11:47 AM
LenneValkirye posted...
Nude mods, 'nuff said.
Say what you want, but when Skyrim Nexus has an entire search filter for adult mods, you know they make for a huge part of the modding community.

I find quite disturbing and disgusted to see that most gamers are such perverts.

Would like to point out that most armors require thouse nude mods to have them in game.
#60Legendary_MusasPosted 12/11/2012 11:13:34 AM
jrr18 posted...

poitions.

Shouldn't need an outside source to make something viable.
---