Why are mods so popular amongst the PC crowd?

#91suksassPosted 12/11/2012 2:37:42 PM
RSF1212 posted...
How on earth does new weapons, armour, quests, places, new magic spells, cool gameplay changes, scenery improvements, bug fixes, etc, ruin a game? It's free and optional. Plus I didn't have to pay for dlc to build my own house.

I know how.
BUGS!!!!
#92jrr18Posted 12/11/2012 2:38:31 PM
suksass posted...
RSF1212 posted...
How on earth does new weapons, armour, quests, places, new magic spells, cool gameplay changes, scenery improvements, bug fixes, etc, ruin a game? It's free and optional. Plus I didn't have to pay for dlc to build my own house.

I know how.
BUGS!!!!

RAID! There no more bug's.
---
Victory through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#93suksassPosted 12/11/2012 2:39:56 PM
jrr18 posted...
suksass posted...
RSF1212 posted...

I know how.
BUGS!!!!

No more bugs in every single mod?
#94jrr18Posted 12/11/2012 2:40:48 PM
suksass posted...
jrr18 posted...
suksass posted...
RSF1212 posted...

I know how.
BUGS!!!!

No more bugs in every single mod?

Raids a brand of insect poison. It was a joke.
---
Victory through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#95MonkeyMagic34Posted 12/11/2012 2:49:45 PM
Coolest mod I've seen is the "Secret of Steel" mod. It removes non-steel and non-iron weapons from leveled lists, making them more unique and different. I'd buy the PC version just for that and the few other Conan-themed mods they've got. That and the pirate armor, the Sea of Ghosts mod, the Hammerfell Knight mod...

Also, the map mod with roads and stuff is super cool and useful. And the fact that you can play the PC version with a gamepad anyway if you really want to kind of renders the Xbox version redundant, I suppose.

It's the little things, I guess.
#96CadaurnyPosted 12/11/2012 3:06:31 PM
In less than 5 minutes skimming through the top 100 non-adult mods I found,

A mod that improves the UI (really nice since the UI is terrible for a M/KB)
A mod that makes the world map a lot nicer looking and useful
A mod that improves 600 textures in the game, making them 4x as big as the HD Pack that PC got
A lot of nice and lore-friendly (not skimpy) armors
A bunch of awesome swords
Various graphical improvements
A mod that makes dragons more deadly (adding 14 'new' dragon types with their own attacks)
Cloaks
A bunch of new killmoves
A unofficial patch that like the ones for previous games, fixes hundreds of bugs
A mod that lets you start elsewhere at the beginning rather than as a prisoner (seems to have quite a few options)
A mod that adds 60+ new and unique spells
And finally a mod that adds warzones to the game where dozens of NPCs will fight each other.

That's the first 30 mods for the top 100. I also saw a couple of mods that appeared to revamp the combat and vampires. Personally, I prefer to pretend that the adult section doesn't exist.
---
"Come all you Xeno scum and fallen heretics! Come face the one true might of the universe and wither under the Golden Throne's gaze!"
#97Bigj089Posted 12/11/2012 3:08:50 PM
Cadaurny posted...

A mod that improves the UI (really nice since the UI is terrible for a M/KB)
A mod that makes the world map a lot nicer looking and useful
A mod that improves 600 textures in the game, making them 4x as big as the HD Pack that PC got
A lot of nice and lore-friendly (not skimpy) armors
A bunch of awesome swords
Various graphical improvements
A mod that makes dragons more deadly (adding 14 'new' dragon types with their own attacks)
Cloaks
A bunch of new killmoves
A unofficial patch that like the ones for previous games, fixes hundreds of bugs
A mod that lets you start elsewhere at the beginning rather than as a prisoner (seems to have quite a few options)
A mod that adds 60+ new and unique spells
And finally a mod that adds warzones to the game where dozens of NPCs will fight each other.

That's the first 30 mods for the top 100. I also saw a couple of mods that appeared to revamp the combat and vampires. Personally, I prefer to pretend that the adult section doesn't exist.

Hey delete this before you upset some of the anti-mod zealots.
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#98TheBestFallerPosted 12/11/2012 3:08:53 PM
Cadaurny posted...

I think that's the whole reason behind this thread, how pathetic it is that you have to point out that classification.
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#99no1oblivionfanPosted 12/11/2012 3:13:39 PM
Personally, I only use the quality of life fixes, better resolution textures and extra armour/weapons mods. Please do not think that everyone that mods their game uses the weird nude/sex mods because it really isn't the case at all.

These quality of life fixes make the game vastly better than vanilla. And the weapons and armour mods seem to make the game a lot more enjoyable as there is more than the standard 6 types. But I am really surprised with the lack of well done quest mods in Skyrim at this stage. I really thought there would be more, and those quest mods allow you to continue playing Skyrim after you have done everything which is great.
---
Steam: An_Orang3e
#100_Gladiator_Posted 12/11/2012 3:23:35 PM
Yeah theres the pervs who install every nudity mod out there, but as someone above me said, if you happen to be stuck on a quest thats glitched, just console command that stuff.

And some of the modded armors in the game are pretty sweet looking. Also it never ceases to make me chuckle when the monster mod places a Triceratop in the middle of a giant camp. And some of the immersion mods are cool, such as the civil war stuff.

tbh, alot of the stuff I see in this thread seems to be the console people being extremely cynical.

As a proud owner of BOTH versions, each has their ups and downs.
---
Don't be hatin' on Carmine, hundreds of them die every day to keep your ass safe from pale steroid abusers. - Sic_GloryFades