I still can't understand why people are still making Skyrim Civil War threads

#11clone11Posted 12/11/2012 1:34:23 PM
Becuz Skyrim is like totes gettin invaded gaiz! Imperial milk drinkers r teh Thalmor's b****es!

Or, alternatively..

Becuz da sturmclocks r rasist yo! Ulfric is a duble agent!

Everyone is stupid
---
"You persist too long after your own defeat. Come then, warrior. Have your resolution."
#12Aqua69696Posted 12/11/2012 3:05:11 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
Because Bethesda made a compelling conflict that doesn't have a clear cut "right" and "wrong" side?

Actually they didn't the pro Stormcloak arguments boil down to.

1: A personal vendetta against your would be murderers, although logically murdering someone found in the vicinity of the regicidal rebel leader is a pretty smart move, they want the end of the conflict.

2: Not realising that the Imperials are GOING to attack the Thalmor, but need time to regroup. This is heavily implied at the end of the Imperial Civil war quest, and kinda obvious from the start.
---
But there's still tomorrow Forget the sorrow And I can be on the Last Train Home
Watch it pass the day As it fades away No more time to care No more time Today
#13Curved_Sw0rdPosted 12/11/2012 3:09:11 PM
Because the Empire is run by a bunch of big fat {REDACTED]
---
BE GONE! TALOS DOES NOT COOK! THAT'S WHAT MARA IS FOR!!!!! - brawl4fun
#14zeroboboPosted 12/11/2012 3:12:34 PM
Aqua69696 posted...
TheBestFaller posted...
Because Bethesda made a compelling conflict that doesn't have a clear cut "right" and "wrong" side?

1: A personal vendetta against your would be murderers, although logically murdering someone found in the vicinity of the regicidal rebel leader is a pretty smart move, they want the end of the conflict.

2: Not realising that the Imperials are GOING to attack the Thalmor, but need time to regroup. This is heavily implied at the end of the Imperial Civil war quest, and kinda obvious from the start.

uh no.
also what kind of incompetent empire needs THIRTY YEARS to "regroup" an entire new generation was born. thats pathetic.

but yeah, completely ignore the whole "the empire allowing a foreign power to kidnap, torture adn execute innocent civilians" thing. yeah tahts not a good argument at all....
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#15RebelElite791Posted 12/11/2012 3:13:29 PM
HAIL THE FOURTH EMPIRE! IMPERIUM SINE FINE!
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#16clone11Posted 12/11/2012 3:14:17 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
HAIL THE FOURTH EMPIRE! IMPERIUM SINE FINE!

---
"You persist too long after your own defeat. Come then, warrior. Have your resolution."
#17Aqua69696Posted 12/13/2012 9:45:08 AM
zerobobo posted...
Aqua69696 posted...
TheBestFaller posted...

uh no.
also what kind of incompetent empire needs THIRTY YEARS to "regroup" an entire new generation was born. thats pathetic.

but yeah, completely ignore the whole "the empire allowing a foreign power to kidnap, torture adn execute innocent civilians" thing. yeah tahts not a good argument at all....

Better to take a step back now, so 2 can be taken later on - Lenin

Men are to Elves as mice are to Men. They breed and Grow a lot faster. As you stated, In 30 years, an entire new generation was born. Of men. It's a numbers game, and the 30 year truce caused much more Men to be born than Thalmor, giving the Empire more soldiers.

Until Ulfric caused most of them to be killed because of a pointless war.
---
But there's still tomorrow Forget the sorrow And I can be on the Last Train Home
Watch it pass the day As it fades away No more time to care No more time Today
#18TheBestFallerPosted 12/13/2012 9:48:18 AM
Aqua69696 posted...
Until Ulfric caused most of them to be killed because of a pointless war.

Are you that insecure in you're conviction that you feel the need to continually validate your position? This thread wasn't the place for this discussion.
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#19daveliciousPosted 12/13/2012 10:18:45 AM
Because controversial topics that get people's panties in a twist are generally the most interesting topics on any of these boards.
---
PSN: Davelicious GT: DavePeesThePool
NEW SETUP: http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee174/Davelicious406/DSC02294.jpg
#20XxXDavidXxXPosted 12/13/2012 10:18:49 AM
It may be repetitive but it seems like something you would discuss in a Skyrim message board...