What was your first TES?

#71GeomagnusPosted 12/11/2012 10:48:23 PM
Schesparn posted...
Morrowind. I actually wanted to try an MMORPG for the first time, and I thought it was one. xD I was kind of a silly kid.

FFXI may have been a bit more up your alley at that point, assuming you bought Morrowind and played it on a 360. I have fun memories about that game, despite the fact that it was an absolute chore in places.
#72SchesparnPosted 12/11/2012 10:50:00 PM
PC. And besides, subscription fees are pretty much an instant no for me. :D
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif
#73HalecticPosted 12/11/2012 11:03:58 PM
Morrowind is regarded as highly because that is first game most people where introduced to TES

It is the same reason Final Fantasy VII is regarded as high, it was the first Final fantasy most people played.

As they say, you never forget your first time.
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#74Lord HugoPosted 12/11/2012 11:10:17 PM
Halectic posted...
Morrowind is regarded as highly because that is first game most people where introduced to TES

It is the same reason Final Fantasy VII is regarded as high, it was the first Final fantasy most people played.

I would highly disagree with that statement. I know very few people who didn't start with IV (2) or VI (3). Though that is personal experience. As for my first TES, it would have been Morrowind. At the time, I was far more excited about FFX. However, a classmate talked me into buying it. 2 years later I had sunk over 800 hours into the game and was still playing. I got Calculus with the same guy. Politely thanked him.
---
"Jeff Goldblum was actually on Death's To-Do list today, but he's so awesome he managed to talk Death into taking Michael Jackson instead."-Ben Paddon
#75Brenz0rPosted 12/11/2012 11:10:40 PM
Halectic posted...

The first time is usually terrible.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#76SSx4LeonjrPosted 12/11/2012 11:14:44 PM
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion was my first. About a year or two ago I got Morrowind GOTY edition at a Gamestop (it was in pristine condition too; even though it was used!) & I got Skyrim at launch. I hate to say it but I like Oblivion & Morrowind more than Skyrim BECAUSE of the multitude of skills you can pick to specialize in!; on top of the fact you can set up your own class as well! Skyrim's too.....generic feeling, You can't really specialize in just combat, or just magic; but I still love the look & the fact you can dual-wield one handed weapons or spells....I just miss the amount of weapons from Morrowind.
Even after all these years I still like the 'Old School' Oblivion & Morrowind. I would pay good money for a Morrowind HD remake for 360!
---
Playing DC Universe Online, Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim,& Free Realms(PS3), Minecraft (Pc & Xbox 360)
#77nnytherkillerPosted 12/11/2012 11:54:01 PM
The lack of Battlespire in this thread disturbs me.
---
GT. nnythekiller
Stoic wanderer
#78CaanimalPosted 12/12/2012 12:27:34 AM
Umm played some Arena, but as for the first "full" play through, that would have been Daggerfall... First on console was Oblivion.
#79vecrynPosted 12/12/2012 12:37:13 AM
I remember when Morrowind was huge, though I never played it. I did play Oblivion some but never could fully get into it. I tried several times but I don't know, just cant seem to get into it all that much. Skyrim on the other hand, I have played that 300+ hours and counting, I absolutely love skyrim
#80RebelElite791Posted 12/12/2012 12:44:27 AM
SSx4Leonjr posted...
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion was my first. About a year or two ago I got Morrowind GOTY edition at a Gamestop (it was in pristine condition too; even though it was used!) & I got Skyrim at launch. I hate to say it but I like Oblivion & Morrowind more than Skyrim BECAUSE of the multitude of skills you can pick to specialize in!; on top of the fact you can set up your own class as well! Skyrim's too.....generic feeling, You can't really specialize in just combat, or just magic; but I still love the look & the fact you can dual-wield one handed weapons or spells....I just miss the amount of weapons from Morrowind.
Even after all these years I still like the 'Old School' Oblivion & Morrowind. I would pay good money for a Morrowind HD remake for 360!

Umm, yes, you can specialize in Skyrim. Just don't f***ing use magic. How is that hard?

And you can still play a "class," just use those specific skills.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing