Stormcloaks or Imperials

#31thor23Posted 12/11/2012 4:43:19 PM
suksass posted...
What if they hadn't moved you into different cell in oblivion. You would continue to rot there till daedra came. Every single main character should hate Empire then rather then help it. starting with Arena you are always start as prisoner of Empire. Yet you always save it.

I was about to say something similar to this. If you were ever wrongfully imprisoned in real life, would you then try to overthrow the government? Probably not. It was an honest mistake (or one incompetent officer.) But it's no reason to hate the Empire.

There's also the possibility that your character was a criminal and was rightfully imprisoned. That's up to you to decide.
#32darkninja587(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 4:48:25 PM
"In the end, the heroic Redguards fought the Aldmeri Dominion to a standstill, although the war lasted for five more years and left southern Hammerfell devastated. The Redguards say that this proves that the White-Gold Concordat was unnecessary, and that if Titus II had kept his nerve, the Aldmeri could have been truly defeated by the combined forces of Hammerfell and the rest of the Empire."
The WGC wasn't necessary and if they continued the War they could've won because eventually Skyrim would have fully joined the war, and after the Empire took back the Imperial City both sides were equally hurt the Ad was bluffing about their strength
---
Official Victini of the B/W and BW2 Boards Clan
"Not only is is dumb but its also stupid"
#33MonkeyMagic34Posted 12/11/2012 4:51:12 PM
darkninja587 posted...
MonkeyMagic34 posted...
Like I said in the other thread about this same topic, yes, many, but not all, of the Stormcloaks are racist. That many includes Ulfric.

"The Dark Elves are confined to a cramped slum below the rest of Windhelm called the Gray Quarter. The elves are not violently persecuted, but the local Nords are suspicious and outwardly xenophobic, and Ulfric Stormcloak turns a blind eye to their plight. Argonians also populate Windhelm, but are prohibited from entering the city itself and are forced to live and work on the docks outside the city walls."

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Windhelm

What does this prove about anything? I said it myself Ulfric is racist no denying that a god 65% of Stormcloaks are racist but not every nord is racist. Many Presidents were obviously racist im pretty sure alot of American soldiers are racist doesn't mean every American is racist

Sorry dude, but I didn't say anything about Nords or the denizens of Skyrim. I said many Stormcloaks, but not ALL Stormcloaks, are racist. And you agree with me! Why are we arguing? XD
#34RebelElite791Posted 12/11/2012 4:54:28 PM
darkninja587 posted...
"In the end, the heroic Redguards fought the Aldmeri Dominion to a standstill, although the war lasted for five more years and left southern Hammerfell devastated. The Redguards say that this proves that the White-Gold Concordat was unnecessary, and that if Titus II had kept his nerve, the Aldmeri could have been truly defeated by the combined forces of Hammerfell and the rest of the Empire."
The WGC wasn't necessary and if they continued the War they could've won because eventually Skyrim would have fully joined the war, and after the Empire took back the Imperial City both sides were equally hurt the Ad was bluffing about their strength

Fought to a standstill, lost half their land in the process, over a god they dont particularly care about. Gg hammerfell
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#35zeroboboPosted 12/11/2012 4:57:51 PM
most people in TES are racist. regardless of faction.

which makes sense, with a wide range of different humanoid species, it'd be natural for animosity to grow between them.
a fantasy universe where elves and humans and lizard people and all that get along perfectly well. makes no sense.

the stormcloaks are pro-nord.
they're not really anti-other races.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#36darkninja587(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 5:06:59 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
darkninja587 posted...

Fought to a standstill, lost half their land in the process, over a god they dont particularly care about. Gg hammerfell

But they still beat them by themselves and imagined if Skyrim and the Empire had helped
---
Official Victini of the B/W and BW2 Boards Clan
"Not only is is dumb but its also stupid"
#37Fate_AssassinPosted 12/11/2012 5:24:29 PM
Imperials. Mostly because a unified Empire is the best chance of winning the next great war. Yes people may say that Hammerfall was able to push the AD back, but it seems like they are not taking to things into account: One there was a large number of legion troops left in Hammerfall; Two the AD didn't really want that land in the long run. They just wanted to splinter the empire further. Now to the fact that people say the Ad were bluffing about there strength they might have been, but any casualties that both sides would have been reviewed by Ad mages.

Now took look at the points that are just in Skyrim. One the Silver-Bloods support the Stormcloaks which is a reason of itself to support the Empire. Now the second point is the situation in Windhelm. The fact how the people act towards the Dunmer is just stupid. They say that they don't work, but there is a total of 9 Dunmer that live there all nine work.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/62287165 - restored faith in humanity.
1/14/2013, shipment date
#38Bob_EsrockPosted 12/11/2012 6:09:11 PM
High elf merchant in Windhelm that is accepted by the community, even though she's the same race as the AD. Her account is a good part of the reason why I don't much if any sort of sympathy for the Dunmer. The Dunmer in Windhelm make me think about the people on welfare that don't work because they don't want to. It's not represented well in-game, but I imagine that the refugees put extra strain on the economy in the region, driving up prices and the like. It could be a variety of reasons why the Nords dislike the Dunmer being in their city, and I doubt many of them have to do with anything other than suspicions about a people they don't know much about and local economic issues.

I could be wrong, but at least it's more thought out than simplistic reasons most people fall back on. It's a lot more complicated than the in-game visuals we are shown, which are still rather limited even with Bethesda's misguided decision to take away more clothing options to 'get more NPCs on the screen'.
---
Lurking since 1999
Am I the only one who tends to read topics as one large self-argumentative post?
#39Fate_AssassinPosted 12/11/2012 6:25:27 PM
Bob_Esrock posted...
High elf merchant in Windhelm that is accepted by the community, even though she's the same race as the AD. Her account is a good part of the reason why I don't much if any sort of sympathy for the Dunmer. The Dunmer in Windhelm make me think about the people on welfare that don't work because they don't want to. It's not represented well in-game, but I imagine that the refugees put extra strain on the economy in the region, driving up prices and the like. It could be a variety of reasons why the Nords dislike the Dunmer being in their city, and I doubt many of them have to do with anything other than suspicions about a people they don't know much about and local economic issues.

I could be wrong, but at least it's more thought out than simplistic reasons most people fall back on. It's a lot more complicated than the in-game visuals we are shown, which are still rather limited even with Bethesda's misguided decision to take away more clothing options to 'get more NPCs on the screen'.

But the only thing we have to go on is what happens in-game. NCPs prove that what the Nords say in Windhelm about the Dunmer are untrue. People say that the Dunmer don't pay taxes or are free loaders, but the one Dunmer shop keeper says during one quest that he is afraid his taxes would be raised. Also look at the High elf merchant she is one person, who if you side with the Imperials even says that she loves that there is a new Jarl because she can avoid taxes. plus the Dunmer have more reason to not help the Nords. mostly because the Nords tried to invade Morrowind and kill them a few times.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/62287165 - restored faith in humanity.
1/14/2013, shipment date
#40azali10Posted 12/11/2012 6:54:12 PM
darkninja587 posted...
deadpool223 posted...
Dr_Professor posted...
deadpool223 posted...
stormcloaks

they arnt racist despite what people think,

SKYRIM FOR THE NORDS

thats still not racist. considering that skyrim was being run by the imperials beforehand.

its sort of like saying america for Americans, or Scotland for the Scottish, its there homeland they should be the ones running it

Exactly the Imperials think they need to be in control of everyone. Hammerfell wasn't even in the Empire when they signed the WGC so what gave them right to give away half there land. Talos was a Nord god but who gave them the right to ban worship of THEIR god. Everyone says the AD are bullies but look at the Imperials not much better

Well technically they do need be in total control. They are after all an Empire. With an Empire that large unless they exert full control over it they risk it becoming decentralized. And when that happens provinces start seceding. Also Hammerfell was a part of the Empire when they gave it away. Not sure where you got that from. They leftafter they were sold out.