Is worshiping Talos kind of like worshiping Jesus?

#301ggrissom(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 2:40:35 PM
Rikashi posted...
This debate reminds me of Life of Brian.

It's a pretty decent movie. I mean, if you have the time to keep arguing about this why not do something more enjoyable?

My name is Brian.... *mind esplodes*
---
PSN= MKEBrewCrew
#302duddddeeeeee16Posted 12/15/2012 1:25:02 AM
ggrissom posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
suksass posted...
duddddeeeeee16 posted...
I'm a Christian, and I actually do see some sort of similarity between the two, at least in the nature of the worship and the illegality of it.

However, the main thing that stands out to me is Jesus (according to the Bible) was fully man and fully God, whereas Talos was a man made into a god.

Judging by how long this conversation has lasted, I don't feel anything productive will come from me addressing any points people have already brought up. If anyone has a question specifically for me, let me know. I'd love to discuss these things.

Oh, and I'm not afraid by any means of people who want to disprove God or anything. Those conversations tend to make my faith stronger.

Jesus wasn't a god. He was the son of the god. As supernatual he counted as a holy spirit.

L2 trinity.

And Talos is 3 men made into a god.

I still fail to see any actual proof that Jesus was the son of god and was resurrected, etc. Still today there are crazy people that truly believe they "hear god" or do something because "god told them to." What if Jesus was just like that but seeing as it was a more ancient, uneducated time, a large following actually believed it to be fact, hence the religion going global?

And that's one of the valid points people bring up against Christianity. And it's the one I clung to until I really started believing in everything.

Besides historical records and what not, the Bible is the only "real" document of any of this. Some people say the Bible is complete trash, but, as a writer, I can't honestly believe such a cohesive story was written across 2,000 years by 66 different writers. To me, there's something more there than just man.

As for everything else, it's about experiencing it. That's the part you can't really explain to people. But, people can see life changes (I've seen plenty). People can discount Christians' beliefs, but they can't take away their testimonies.

Until the day comes where all this strife and frustration is done, I will gladly debate with those who don't believe as a way to strengthen my own faith. After 21 years, I've not once been met with a question I wasn't able to answer or find an answer for later.
---
You're awesome. Yes, you. I don't care what you've done or what you've said to people. You're awesome. God thinks so too.
Hebrews 12:11-13
#303IamI3rianPosted 12/15/2012 2:12:00 AM
duddddeeeeee16 posted...
Some people say the Bible is complete trash, but, as a writer, I can't honestly believe such a cohesive story was written across 2,000 years by 66 different writers. To me, there's something more there than just man.

Without getting very involved in this (or correcting your timeline) 1,900+ years from now, I'm fairly certain Superman comics will be around.

Bet Luthor and Lois will too. There's clearly no way we'll ever know.

Also Beowulf. Just sayin. = /
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
I could write a book about what you don't know. --Skeletor
#304Brenz0rPosted 12/15/2012 2:41:56 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#305suksassPosted 12/15/2012 2:51:41 AM
for the sake of all that is evil. It's baaaack
#306duddddeeeeee16Posted 12/15/2012 11:08:05 AM
IamI3rian posted...
duddddeeeeee16 posted...
Some people say the Bible is complete trash, but, as a writer, I can't honestly believe such a cohesive story was written across 2,000 years by 66 different writers. To me, there's something more there than just man.

Without getting very involved in this (or correcting your timeline) 1,900+ years from now, I'm fairly certain Superman comics will be around.

Bet Luthor and Lois will too. There's clearly no way we'll ever know.

Also Beowulf. Just sayin. = /

That's a very valid point. But a lot of those stories have different arcs going throughout the comic series. The Bible on the other hand, even if we take it as simply a story, has more than 250 prophecies fulfilled a thousand or so years after first writing them. I'm not trying to limit the quality of writers, but that's a nearly impossible task. And that's completely looking past all the crazy metaphors and foreshadowings of the Old Testament.

Still, I'm just giving one of my reasons for believing. There are plenty more, but this is one of my favorites to discuss -- at least online.

*My original numbers may be off by a few. It's been a long time since I studied the Bible on a scholarly level.)
---
You're awesome. Yes, you. I don't care what you've done or what you've said to people. You're awesome. God thinks so too.
Hebrews 12:11-13
#307RebelElite791Posted 12/15/2012 3:15:35 PM
duddddeeeeee16 posted...
The Bible on the other hand, even if we take it as simply a story, has more than 250 prophecies fulfilled a thousand or so years after first writing them

No, it does not.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#308Gamer_X27Posted 12/15/2012 3:25:08 PM
Oh it's good to see this topic still going strong (bangs head against table).
---
as you may presently now fully be aware of, my grammar sucks.
#309darkportal785Posted 12/15/2012 3:43:51 PM
I'm so pretty, oh so pretty. So pretty, and witty, and nice!
---
"I am the Princess of the Night. Thus it is my duty to come into your dreams."
#310gametime74Posted 12/15/2012 5:37:49 PM
Wow, Final Legion, I agree with some of your points, but you come off as such as an elitist.

Neither the Bible nor modern science will completely have all the answers. These arguments will always come to a stalemate and the vast majority of the time, no opinions will be changed. I am a science-minded person by all accounts but I also believe there are some things that humans are incapable of understanding. That doesn't imply that we should stop trying or that I believe all the stuff in the Bible, but simply that even believers in the Bible can have valid rationale.
---
can i haz recon plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz