Is worshiping Talos kind of like worshiping Jesus?

#331ggrissom(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2012 7:17:28 PM
suksass posted...
Can I point out that Bible was writen by MEN based on what God told them.

I'm not suporting eather side as both sides have their crazies. But couldn't evolution be the answer to how and not the answer to why?
I prefer to combine both science and religion. Cause truth be told that makes more sence to me then any side alone.

Written by men who THOUGHT God was speaking to them. /fixed

Seriously though, maybe these people were just as psychotic as people think that god is talking to them today. "Oh God wanted me to kill." That kind of stuff. I don't think it's too wise to base your entire life and how you act on something that cannot be proven to be real.

Or maybe the writers of the bible were just as gullible as people who sees Jesus in there pancakes and think its a sign.
---
PSN= MKEBrewCrew
#332Kou-NurasakaPosted 12/16/2012 8:11:23 PM
ggrissom posted...
suksass posted...

I'm not suporting eather side as both sides have their crazies. But couldn't evolution be the answer to how and not the answer to why?
I prefer to combine both science and religion. Cause truth be told that makes more sence to me then any side alone.

Seriously though, maybe these people were just as psychotic as people think that god is talking to them today. "Oh God wanted me to kill." That kind of stuff. I don't think it's too wise to base your entire life and how you act on something that cannot be proven to be real.

You know, I've never understood that. People think its crazy to receive messages from God, or think that others may actually be angels in disguise or something, forgetting that things happened everyday in the Bible.

They only beleive (the Christian) God does good things, and then procede to tie themselves in theological and philosphical knots trying to explain the problems of the world away.
#333RebelElite791Posted 12/16/2012 9:02:58 PM
Kou-Nurasaka posted...
ggrissom posted...
suksass posted...

You know, I've never understood that. People think its crazy to receive messages from God, or think that others may actually be angels in disguise or something, forgetting that things happened everyday in the Bible.

They only beleive (the Christian) God does good things, and then procede to tie themselves in theological and philosphical knots trying to explain the problems of the world away.

The same people who think that's crazy are the people who know that s*** in the Bible didn't happen, so....not sure what you're getting at.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#334Kou-NurasakaPosted 12/16/2012 9:44:00 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
The same people who think that's crazy are the people who know that s*** in the Bible didn't happen, so....not sure what you're getting at.

Sorry I didn't really make that clear. I meant beleivers. Whenever someone claims to do something in the name of God, it only seems to apply if it is a good thing. Neverminding the plauges that God vists on people, his mental torture by commanding people to commit infanticide, completely destroying entire towns because he doesn't like them.
#335RebelElite791Posted 12/16/2012 9:45:59 PM
Ahh, gotcha.

And my favorite new one "God didn't save the children from being massacred in Connecticut because he isn't allowed allowed in schools, and doesn't go where he's not wanted'
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#336Final LegionPosted 12/17/2012 1:46:01 AM
gametime74 posted...

Except you didn't have to tell me. I've understood that concept since I was a kid and realized Christianity is based on ancient texts. For whatever reason, you took it upon yourself to assume I wasn't aware and make a sophomoric observation.

Except I did have to tell you because you apparently didn't grasp that was my meaning from the beginning. If your comprehension had been keener, I wouldn't have had to resort to being sophomoric, as you call it.

And like I said, I haven't read the whole thread, so maybe it's not on you to disprove anything, but the point is that you can't. Same goes for you rebel elite with your condescending burden of proof comment. I agree with a lot of what you're both saying, but you sound like a douche who's so proud he was educated outside of high school. Congratulations, so was Rudy.

Seems I have to explain this again. The point isn't about I can prove or disprove; rather, the point is that onus is on the one vocalizes a point of view as declarative fact. I say this again: I can neither prove or disprove what your spiritual experience or personal epiphany actually is but the moment you try and tell me that it somehow constitutes absolute proof, then I can mostly definitely call BS.

And if you're implying I keep my head in the sand then you're sorely mistaken. I can simply see your attitude for what it is.

And I can see that you're either projecting or way too thin-skinned.
---
Poison Clan Rocks The World.
#337youshallbeasgodPosted 12/18/2012 2:13:20 PM
No, Talos = Pluto
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#338ggrissom(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 4:21:43 PM
youshallbeasgod posted...
No, Talos = Pluto

As in Pluto got it's planet status stripped. So Talos and Jesus should have there "God" status stripped? I like where you are going with this.
---
PSN= MKEBrewCrew
#339gametime74Posted 12/19/2012 6:07:12 PM
Final Legion posted...
gametime74 posted...

Except I did have to tell you because you apparently didn't grasp that was my meaning from the beginning. If your comprehension had been keener, I wouldn't have had to resort to being sophomoric, as you call it.

Please point out where I indicated a lack of comprehension that necessitated you to explain that the Bible is a stale text and science is evolving. I have plenty of experience in the natural sciences and you're not exactly spitting rocket science here, so don't be so proud of yourself.

Seems I have to explain this again. The point isn't about I can prove or disprove; rather, the point is that onus is on the one vocalizes a point of view as declarative fact. I say this again: I can neither prove or disprove what your spiritual experience or personal epiphany actually is but the moment you try and tell me that it somehow constitutes absolute proof, then I can mostly definitely call BS.

Seems I need to repeat this for the third time because you insist on ignoring what I say. I admittedly had not read the whole thread or saw where somebody had posted something as a "declarative fact". I saw you attempting to tear down NickSaban's Bible quotes with logic as if that was going to work. I've had numerous discussions with religious friends on the very same grounds and it doesn't go anywhere. They will give you vague scripture to counter any reason you provide. And I also didn't claim to have a personal epiphany nor did I notice that he claimed he had one which constituted fact, because for the fourth time, I haven't read everything in the thread.

From my point of view, you were just condescendingly attacking a guy who believes in Jesus. If that wasn't the case, then I apologize.

And I can see that you're either projecting or way too thin-skinned.

Nope, just calling it as I see it. Hopefully it's just your message board persona.

---
can i haz recon plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
#340gametime74Posted 12/19/2012 6:08:20 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
Ahh, gotcha.

And my favorite new one "God didn't save the children from being massacred in Connecticut because he isn't allowed allowed in schools, and doesn't go where he's not wanted'

Isn't that the dumbest thing you ever heard? I honestly can't believe people sometimes.
---
can i haz recon plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz