Is worshiping Talos kind of like worshiping Jesus?

#351gametime74Posted 12/20/2012 5:18:47 PM
Final Legion posted...
gametime74 posted...
Final Legion posted...
gametime74 posted...

Way back when you posted how you're such a science minded individual but religious can have valid rationale without any explanation as to what that entails. Then you state how the "science argument" is appropriately named evolution. That's not the only scientific theory to work in opposition to creationism. The "science argument", as you call it, entails more than just evolution. You didn't seem to understand that.

Oh you mean you ascertained that I didn't understand that based on one message I sent appropriating evolution as the antithesis to Scripture? Because I didn't list every single theory on a message board that equates to lack of knowledge? Clearly the purpose of my message was not a detailed argument but a quip about your attitude and remarking you stated the obvious. You need to brush up on your....what did you say again....oh yeah, reading comprehension.....Sigh....

Guess I can use that excuse too.

^good one

Do you always quote yourself when quoting someone else...or is the quote function just a mystery to you?

Anyways, here are your exact words:
Not a very revealing statement considering the driving force behind the science argument is appropriately named evolution.

That statement indicates that you believe evolutionary theory is the driving force behind the, as you put it, 'science argument'.

It's not. It's a single element. Physics, geophysics, geology, astronomy...these sciences are part of the 'science argument'. It is science itself that is the driving force behind the 'science argument'. Singling out a single scientific theory and calling it the driving force just doesn't work because if that 'driving force' ever proves invalid, then one could argue the 'science argument' falls apart.

Do you get it now or do I need to further elaborate?

Honestly you're just looking desperate now. Do you feel like explaining physics, geophysics, geology, astronomy, and evolution on a message board? It's seriously not hard to see that evolution is the main scientific theory that refutes the Bible. If you can't comprehend why I would say that instead of listing everything I know, then you're wasting my time and just trying to win an argument. How childish.
---
can i haz recon plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
#352N7Spectre707Posted 12/20/2012 5:20:25 PM
A science vs mythology debate?

I'm in.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#353Spartan_VicePosted 12/20/2012 5:21:22 PM
A science vs mythology debate?

I'm in.

Weirdly enough when I saw this debate I was thinking of The Reapers for some reason.
---
4/14/2010 - The Day one of my GameFAQs moderations was overturned.
Quoting something that sounds intelligent does not stop you from looking like an idiot.
#354Torvar72Posted 12/20/2012 5:28:08 PM
It could be....Both are fake like the dragons in this game. BTW if your reading the bible he dies on the cross though the magic murder and incest isnt bad a bad read with in the bible
#355Final LegionPosted 12/20/2012 5:48:54 PM
gametime74 posted...

Honestly you're just looking desperate now. Do you feel like explaining physics, geophysics, geology, astronomy, and evolution on a message board? It's seriously not hard to see that evolution is the main scientific theory that refutes the Bible. If you can't comprehend why I would say that instead of listing everything I know, then you're wasting my time and just trying to win an argument. How childish.

Well, at least you learned how to quote properly.

Look, don't get angry just because I exposed your flub. I mean, if you knew as much about the physical sciences as you claim, than you never would have singled evolutionary theory as the scientific theory that refutes creationism. If you seriously don't understand why I would correct you I advise that you either cease bringing science into any discussion concerning religion or you sign up for a refresher course in those physical sciences you claim to understand so well.

Now go post another tirade. You can have the last word.
---
Poison Clan Rocks The World.
#356gametime74Posted 12/20/2012 6:32:43 PM
Final Legion posted...
gametime74 posted...

Well, at least you learned how to quote properly.

Look, don't get angry just because I exposed your flub. I mean, if you knew as much about the physical sciences as you claim, than you never would have singled evolutionary theory as the scientific theory that refutes creationism. If you seriously don't understand why I would correct you I advise that you either cease bringing science into any discussion concerning religion or you sign up for a refresher course in those physical sciences you claim to understand so well.

Now go post another tirade. You can have the last word.

Thanks.

I'm quite satisfied with my knowledge on the subject. But that's fine, you can continue to ignore my explanations if it makes you feel better. There are several scientific disciplines whose elements refute Scripture. Many of these elements contribute to the theory of evolution. Yes, there are a great deal of other matters that contribute to the argument against Christianity, but if you had to select one mainstream topic of debate between scientific theory and biblical scripture, I'd wager a vast majority of the population would most instantly think evolution. Which was the entire reasoning for my 'driving force' comment, so please stop nit-picking and don't make me repeat myself again. Are we on the same page now? Good. Have a nice day/last day/end of the world.
---
can i haz recon plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
#357The_Ivory_ManPosted 12/20/2012 6:33:28 PM
You do realize that by saying this you are confirming that Jesus is real, right?
#358RebelElite791Posted 12/20/2012 6:36:30 PM
Torvar72 posted...
It could be....Both are fake like the dragons in this game. BTW if your reading the bible he dies on the cross though the magic murder and incest isnt bad a bad read with in the bible

I've got ASOIAF for magic, murder, and incest.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#359Spartan_VicePosted 12/20/2012 6:39:59 PM
Skyrim and stuffs.
---
4/14/2010 - The Day one of my GameFAQs moderations was overturned.
Quoting something that sounds intelligent does not stop you from looking like an idiot.
#360Final LegionPosted 12/20/2012 10:15:43 PM
The_Ivory_Man posted...
You do realize that by saying this you are confirming that Jesus is real, right?

Saying what? Are you addressing this to the TC?
---
Poison Clan Rocks The World.