Is worshiping Talos kind of like worshiping Jesus?

#51darkportal785Posted 12/12/2012 8:21:31 PM
Pueojit2 posted...
No, Jesus was supposedly both man and god at all times
Tiber Septim was man who combined with two others and became the god Talos.

Fix'd.
---
"I am the Princess of the Night. Thus it is my duty to come into your dreams."
#52PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 12/12/2012 8:25:30 PM
Worshiping Talos is like worshipping any outlawed religious figure. Obviously.

I think it's funny that people always draw the simplest and well known comparisons. It's always Jesus and Nazis. It's understandable though.

Truth is history has more people in it than just Jesus. Don't forget Nazis and religious persecution *only knows of Nazis and Jesus as well*
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#53The_Beer_ScotchPosted 12/12/2012 8:28:25 PM
Nick_Saban posted...
ggrissom posted...
I mean they are both mere men that were held in such high regards and twisted, glorified perceptions by religious fanatics that they essentially became gods. Does that make the Thalmor essentially the Roman empire by wanting to snuff out Talos/Jesus worship?

Oh great, another "lets hate on Christians" thread on Gamefaqs...

Coelarapaima posted...
Similarities:
Both fictional

You really believe that Jesus Christ didn't exist?

I really do believe he did not exist. I have never heard of any proof, outside of books writting hundreds of years after his supposed death.
---
You can have her then. I like my boys and girls pure, sloppy seconds are for chumps. ~ Rikashi.
#54darkportal785Posted 12/12/2012 8:29:54 PM(edited)
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...
I think it's funny that people always draw the simplest and well known comparisons. It's always Jesus and Nazis. It's understandable though.

Truth is history has more people in it than just Jesus. Don't forget Nazis and religious persecution *only knows of Nazis and Jesus as well*

Illuminati, brah.

They rule the World.
---
#55SilentS89Posted 12/12/2012 8:31:15 PM
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...

Its very understandable. It is also very logical. It sends out the message in the more understandable format. It would lack effectiveness to compare Talos to Mithra, because most people don't know Mithra.

It would require extra explanation just to make your point understood. It is simpler and more efficient to compare to something that more people understand, like, Jesus and Nazis.
#56Nick_SabanPosted 12/12/2012 8:42:15 PM
The_Beer_Scotch posted...

I really do believe he did not exist. I have never heard of any proof, outside of books writting hundreds of years after his supposed death.

The same could be said about thousands of other people in history.
---
Fat people in small amounts of clothing always makes me giggle.-SvenGeorgeson
Then you must have loads of fun looking in a mirror.-LegendaryElite
#57darkportal785Posted 12/12/2012 8:44:25 PM
Nick_Saban posted...

The same could be said about thousands of other people in history.

Someone finally gets it.
---
#58Darg727Posted 12/12/2012 8:48:49 PM
SilentS89 posted...
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...

Its very understandable. It is also very logical. It sends out the message in the more understandable format. It would lack effectiveness to compare Talos to Mithra, because most people don't know Mithra.

It would require extra explanation just to make your point understood. It is simpler and more efficient to compare to something that more people understand, like, Jesus and Nazis.

And yet when you compare things so different in such a general forum it has no purpose other than to incite arguments rather than a debate.

P.S. not many people know fully the many versions of Jesus and the full history and workings of the Nazis. Most know their version of Jesus and think that Nazis were all a bunch of rabid hypnotized persons turned bloodthirsty beasts
#59homsarrunner3Posted 12/12/2012 8:49:19 PM

How do you know that any historical figure exists? By hundreds of-years-old books. The only proof I've seen of George Washington are books hundreds of years old.

Just to clarify: I am an atheist. I do not believe Jesus had divine powers, but I know that it is historically accurate that a man named Jesus of Nazareth lived on Earth about 2,000 years ago, preaching that he was the son of the Jewish God, and that he was tried, found guilty of blasphemy, and excuted by crucifiction, making him a martyr and beginning Christianity as we know it.
---
"Louis, if you don't stop being positive, I'm going to sink the boat just to make you sad." -Francis, Left 4 Dead
#60BardockpwnsjooPosted 12/12/2012 8:49:45 PM
I'm making fun of Christians! Am I cool and edgy and smart now?
---
So, if you put an Oriental guy in a bowl, and spin it around, does he become disOriented?