Is worshiping Talos kind of like worshiping Jesus?

#71Kou-NurasakaPosted 12/12/2012 9:38:35 PM
Nick_Saban posted...
Kou-Nurasaka posted...

Just saying, TES religion makes far more sense than any real world religion. When the Avatar of Akatosh bursts forth and literally breaths fire on a deadric prince.... that is the evidence of gods at work.

It only seems to make more sense because Elder Scrolls religions were created in a fictional universe where God's actively make their presence known.

So, in other words, they do godly things? Like a god does? Miracles and things like that?
#72Nick_SabanPosted 12/12/2012 9:38:56 PM
Kou-Nurasaka posted...
Bardockpwnsjoo posted...
I'm making fun of Christians! Am I cool and edgy and smart now?

I beleive that the only way to true salvation is by following Christianity. It is the correct way to live, despite the fact that 99% of my fellow worshipers don't know that is a literal sin for a man to shave his beard or to be around a woman during her period.

Why won't everyone accept me and my kooky bronze age beleifs?

God annuls parts of the old testament where you draw your quote on beards:

In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away. -Hebrews 8:13
---
Fat people in small amounts of clothing always makes me giggle.-SvenGeorgeson
Then you must have loads of fun looking in a mirror.-LegendaryElite
#73GynthaeresPosted 12/12/2012 9:43:54 PM
Gotta love those religion-bashing topics. Wait... wait, no, "love" isn't the right word. "Hate" is more like.

Honestly, I do see religious people pushing their religion on others here, so why are there so many atheists who insist on trolling the religious / pushing their beliefs on others?

I do have to commend a lot of people in this topic though. There were quite a few derail attempts, with very little actual agreement or religion bashing going on.

As for Jesus Christ's existence...

homsarrunner3 posted...
The_Beer_Scotch posted...

I really do believe he did not exist. I have never heard of any proof, outside of books writting hundreds of years after his supposed death.

How do you know that any historical figure exists? By hundreds of-years-old books. The only proof I've seen of George Washington are books hundreds of years old.

Just to clarify: I am an atheist. I do not believe Jesus had divine powers, but I know that it is historically accurate that a man named Jesus of Nazareth lived on Earth about 2,000 years ago, preaching that he was the son of the Jewish God, and that he was tried, found guilty of blasphemy, and excuted by crucifiction, making him a martyr and beginning Christianity as we know it.

This, more or less. I always /facepalm when some know-it-all atheist troll tries to claim Jesus of Nazareth didn't exist. His existence isn't really questioned by anyone of intellect. It's his divinity / divine origins, that's the subject of belief / disbelief.
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.
#74Kou-NurasakaPosted 12/12/2012 9:44:28 PM
Nick_Saban posted...
Kou-Nurasaka posted...
Bardockpwnsjoo posted...
I'm making fun of Christians! Am I cool and edgy and smart now?

I beleive that the only way to true salvation is by following Christianity. It is the correct way to live, despite the fact that 99% of my fellow worshipers don't know that is a literal sin for a man to shave his beard or to be around a woman during her period.

Why won't everyone accept me and my kooky bronze age beleifs?

God annuls parts of the old testament where you draw your quote on beards:

In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away. -Hebrews 8:13

So why is the Old Testament even referred to? I suppose Moses is old news and that whole part about not murdering people doesn't factor in there anywhere either?
#75The_Beer_ScotchPosted 12/12/2012 9:46:56 PM
Nick_Saban posted...

I really do believe he did not exist. I have never heard of any proof, outside of books writting hundreds of years after his supposed death.

The same could be said about thousands of other people in history.

The absense of evidence, is not evidence.

I am not here to bash on anyones religious views. Im simply stating that it i personally believe that jesus is a fabricated figurehead created to embody the core values of the religion, whilst conveniently covering up certain paegan holidays... I am entitled to an opinion still, correct?
---
You can have her then. I like my boys and girls pure, sloppy seconds are for chumps. ~ Rikashi.
#76Nick_SabanPosted 12/12/2012 9:47:39 PM
Kou-Nurasaka posted...

So, in other words, they do godly things? Like a god does? Miracles and things like that?

They're fictional Gods in a video game that do whatever the developers think will entertain the customers.
---
Fat people in small amounts of clothing always makes me giggle.-SvenGeorgeson
Then you must have loads of fun looking in a mirror.-LegendaryElite
#77matteus70Posted 12/12/2012 9:47:53 PM
Kou-Nurasaka posted...
matteus70 posted...

That's why its called fantasy.

Religion or TES?

TES. Religion... I won't even go there. I don't have the time or the energy.
---
"Just keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn."-King
#78Kou-NurasakaPosted 12/12/2012 9:50:50 PM
Nick_Saban posted...
Kou-Nurasaka posted...

They're fictional Gods in a video game that do whatever the developers think will entertain the customers.

Let me rephrase that...

They're fictional Gods in real life that do whatever patriarchial tribal leaders think will entertain the illiterate masses thousands of years ago.

Everyone is an athiest. No one acknowledges the exisistance of any god except the one they think is real.
#79Arn544Posted 12/12/2012 9:53:27 PM
Nick_Saban posted...

The same could be said about thousands of other people in history.

The absense of evidence, is not evidence.

I am not here to bash on anyones religious views. Im simply stating that it i personally believe that jesus is a fabricated figurehead created to embody the core values of the religion, whilst conveniently covering up certain paegan holidays... I am entitled to an opinion still, correct?

Scientists/Scholars *know* he existed, that's not even questioned anymore. He's not just a figurehead either, seriously the people bashing it are the people who don't even know anything about it.

He wasn't a "symbol" and he wasn't a martyr, the whole point christianity wasn't the fact he died it's the belief he rose from the dead.
#80The_Beer_ScotchPosted 12/12/2012 9:53:59 PM
Gynthaeres posted...
Gotta love those religion-bashing topics. Wait... wait, no, "love" isn't the right word. "Hate" is more like.

Honestly, I do see religious people pushing their religion on others here, so why are there so many atheists who insist on trolling the religious / pushing their beliefs on others?

I do have to commend a lot of people in this topic though. There were quite a few derail attempts, with very little actual agreement or religion bashing going on.

As for Jesus Christ's existence...

homsarrunner3 posted...

How do you know that any historical figure exists? By hundreds of-years-old books. The only proof I've seen of George Washington are books hundreds of years old.

Just to clarify: I am an atheist. I do not believe Jesus had divine powers, but I know that it is historically accurate that a man named Jesus of Nazareth lived on Earth about 2,000 years ago, preaching that he was the son of the Jewish God, and that he was tried, found guilty of blasphemy, and excuted by crucifiction, making him a martyr and beginning Christianity as we know it.

This, more or less. I always /facepalm when some know-it-all atheist troll tries to claim Jesus of Nazareth didn't exist. His existence isn't really questioned by anyone of intellect. It's his divinity / divine origins, that's the subject of belief / disbelief.

"Some know it all athiest troll"? Huh?

Are all jewish people trolls in your book too?

I did not claim he did not exist. I did claim that I do not personally believe he existed.

The concept of an athiest believe is fundamentally flawed by definition.

And the hypocrisy of you coming in here, flinging insults in a mostly civil discussion, is laughable.
---
You can have her then. I like my boys and girls pure, sloppy seconds are for chumps. ~ Rikashi.