What, exactly, is wrong with casual gamers?

#2120ME2cmpnvetPosted 12/13/2012 12:38:02 PM(edited)
suksass posted...
TheBestFaller posted...
What I'm seeing here is a lot of misplaced blame. It's not on the "casual gamers" shoulders that games are being made more accesible and/or easier to play. It ties into the CoD fad. The devs have to find some way of broadening their own fanbase before they get brushed under the rug for failing to put up CoD-like numbers. Also tied in with the money grab of yearly releases, it's just a bad cycle. It's the same as how thought provoking, deeply emotional or significant movies never make as much as Micheal Bay films.

So, in a sense, it's the dumbass general public's fault for being so easily entertained.

Is CoD reaaly that popular?

Still has the best sale numbers out of any game for the past couple of years hands down.

It's all about the Multiplayer lately. Which I cant stand.
That is why MP got shoe horned in ME3. People like it. I cant understand why. It got boring after about 2 months.

There is rumor also that MP will make a appearance in the next DA
---
I used to be Commander Shepard, then I took a plothole in the knee.
"This Forum has gone 0 days without a Star Wars Reference."
#22suksassPosted 12/13/2012 12:37:18 PM
TheBestFaller posted...
suksass posted...

Each new installment breaks the sales/pre-order record set by the last.

So wouldn't that mean it's good or are people just that stupid? I heard it's more of the same content every year but the last I played was a few years ago CoD MW,then I think CoD3 and the one on PS1 before then.
#23lalallaalalPosted 12/13/2012 12:38:15 PM
Hardcore nerds hate casual gamers because the casuals have made gaming go mainstream, thus taking away what the nerds thought made them special.
#24TheBestFallerPosted 12/13/2012 12:39:30 PM
suksass posted...
<So wouldn't that mean it's good or are people just that stupid?

The question is not about whether it's "good" or not. It's the message that is sent to the industry, the way "we", the consumer, basically say "This is the business model you all should follow".
---
I store dead bodies all up under my house and every night I hear them runnin' they mouths.
#25kylekillgannonPosted 12/13/2012 12:39:50 PM
Bigj089 posted...
MC2011 posted...
Games be too easy, yo.

If you actually think Dark Souls was challenging, then lol.

Hey, that game was challenging. If you tried to play it like Dynasty Warriors on the easy setting.

Unless you make a build around doing just that.

Once you develop a good Strength build then the game just becomes a less fun Devil May Cry. Crazy bosses and all.
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.
#26simonbelmont2Posted 12/13/2012 12:40:21 PM
suksass posted...
TheBestFaller posted...
suksass posted...

Each new installment breaks the sales/pre-order record set by the last.

So wouldn't that mean it's good or are people just that stupid? I heard it's more of the same content every year but the last I played was a few years ago CoD MW,then I think CoD3 and the one on PS1 before then.

Good question. Some gamers will happily buy the same game every year with minor differences.
---
Carl Kolchak: You should meet my boss. He'd turn Buddha into a chain smoker.
#27simonbelmont2Posted 12/13/2012 12:41:50 PM
kylekillgannon posted...
Bigj089 posted...
MC2011 posted...
Games be too easy, yo.

If you actually think Dark Souls was challenging, then lol.

Hey, that game was challenging. If you tried to play it like Dynasty Warriors on the easy setting.

Unless you make a build around doing just that.

Once you develop a good Strength build then the game just becomes a less fun Devil May Cry. Crazy bosses and all.

A good pyro flame +15 makes the game a cakewalk too.
---
#28villanut32Posted 12/13/2012 12:42:24 PM
The hatred comes from developers pandering to causal gamers. Mass effect 3 was ruined by the multi player, Skyrim was dumbbells down to accomadate newer gamers. The list could go on.

By all means make games for the causal gamer but leave well established games alone.
#29WiiareVenomPosted 12/13/2012 12:42:49 PM
There probably not as minor as people give them credit for.

Fand tend to complain ALOT when something is changed anyway.
---
You must let your anger be as a monkey in a pinata, hiding inside with the candy, hoping kids don't breakthrough with a stick.
#30simonbelmont2Posted 12/13/2012 12:44:13 PM
As gaming went mainstream it was inevitable that some games would become more casual friendly.
---