Seems like a lot of console Skyrim players hate the Skyrim PC crowd

#81pyro_bunta(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 9:14:04 AM
todahouse21 posted...
But claiming one platform or the other is superior is ultimately subjective. "Superior" to pc users is not "superior" to me.

- I know pc graphics are better. But I don't need ultra realistic graphics. I quite like the graphics on the xbox. I don't need them to be any better.

- I don't consider controls better on the pc. I value comfort in my gaming sessions. A mouse and keyboard is not nearly as comfortable for me as a gamepad for anything other than strategy games (the only pc games I buy).

- I know you can hook up the pc to the tv. I tried that a couple of years ago. The tower did not fit in the tv stand compartment so it ended up looking awful (which royally angered the mrs.)

- I don't care about mods in the slightest. At their worst, they are aesthetic changes like nude mods and anime mods that destroy the game environment for me. At best they are changes to gameplay that I feel are unnecessary. I have played through the game multiple times with pure mages. Never had a problem. I don't need a mod to bulk up my destruction magic. Sure there are some genuinely useful mods. But they are few and far between and I don't need them to enjoy the game.

- Building a pc IS quite simple. But even if I take pc gamer's claims that upgrading the pc isn't expensive (my experience was quite expensive but maybe they know how to find the deals better than I) at their word, there is still the fact that I have to go through the process. I haven't had to upgrade my xbox. Ever. Every game I've bought in the last eight years has been ready to play without any additional money having to be spent. This is huge for me.

So you see, for me (the only opinion I value when making purchases), consoles are vastly superior. You have different criteria for optimizing your gaming experience.

Of course none of this explains why you are on the xbox forum to begin with...

1) PC controls are more suited to ranged combat. Also melee doesn't really matter if Skyrim's combat is really simple to begin with (I.E attack, heal, defend in between).

2) I'm okay with other games on consoles or PC, but Skyrim by default (in any platform) really lacks balance. You can't deny that, and it doesn't matter what system, Skyrim needs more polish. PC gamers are just lucky to be able to balance the game better.

3) If you have a PC (and if you have money to buy it to begin with) why not mod? No hurt in mods that enhances your experience.

Long story short, I wouldn't have needed balancing or gameplay mods if these issues were fixed to begin with. Just look at arrow crafting. It's after mods came out for it that Bethesda allows us to craft arrows officialy. Bethesda is lazy, everyone knows that.
---
Like Drawing? Like Anime-Manga? Join the OT Draw Thread!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000121-anime-and-manga-other-titles/64830865
#82kyboticaPosted 12/14/2012 9:15:13 AM
I understand that the PC version has a higher maximum capacity, but it gets tiring when people throw that information about just because THEY have it and YOU don't. All the posts about "I have the PC version so that isn't a problem for me" and the like get very old. I don't have enough money to afford a super awesome computer. A thousand dollar purchase towards gaming is just not within the realm of possibility for me. If people stopped mentioning that THEY have the PC version, and that it is better and they don't have the same issues, I'd be much more likely to not mind PC users here.

TL;DR
Most of them who post here instead of on the PC board are very obnoxious.
---
"I mean, if I killed George Bush that wouldn't make portals to Iraq appear in my front yard." -Massany7 on Oblivion
#83pyro_bunta(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 9:16:05 AM
Evil_Sandwich posted...
pyro_bunta posted...
Fenriswolf posted...
Oblivion and Fallout has already been ruined by the countless anime mods like Mystic Elves, and I'd hate to see the same thing happen to Skyrim.

Those type of mods doesn't mean that automatically every person's game becomes like that.

lolwut

No you.

How could Oblivion and Fallout be ruined by those mods if NOT EVERY SINGLE PERSON install that mod.
---
#84pyro_bunta(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 9:19:54 AM
kybotica posted...
I understand that the PC version has a higher maximum capacity, but it gets tiring when people throw that information about just because THEY have it and YOU don't. All the posts about "I have the PC version so that isn't a problem for me" and the like get very old. I don't have enough money to afford a super awesome computer. A thousand dollar purchase towards gaming is just not within the realm of possibility for me. If people stopped mentioning that THEY have the PC version, and that it is better and they don't have the same issues, I'd be much more likely to not mind PC users here.

TL;DR
Most of them who post here instead of on the PC board are very obnoxious.

I kinda feel sorry for you guys. The PC board don't get people like that (obviously), but talking about the game (quests, lore, artifacts, etc...) is better on this board because more people frequent it. Wierd thing is that some of these troll topics, I never see these guys on the PC board.
---
#85strayfiesPosted 12/14/2012 9:20:27 AM
I'm not sure anyone should care what gamers think of them.
#86todahouse21Posted 12/14/2012 9:20:42 AM
1618dude posted...

The consoles are more practical for you, but hardly superior. These reasons (for me btw) are very petty and if you had a hard time to hook your pc on your tv, using controllers and spending more than you think you should, that was your fault, I guess. I admit that pcs are somewhat more expensive, but it seems that you just didn't know the right steps to enjoy pc gaming.

also, there are many ps3 users here and many console users go to pc boards to ask for help in building a pc. I don't see anything wrong with people using this board in particular.

No offense, but your reading comprehension is lacking. I didn't have a hard time connecting my pc to tv. It isn't complicated. I simply didn't like how it looked and wasn't going to replace a tv stand I quite like to accomodate my computer. Using a mouse and keyboard wasn't difficult, I just prefer a controller. And as for expense, you may find it cheap. I don't. Especially when compared to console gaming.

Lastly, going to pc forum to ask for advice =/= going to xbox forum to claim superiority.
#87AurawhispererPosted 12/14/2012 9:23:48 AM
Heres a hint on why we hate the PCers:

They come to this board and BRAAGG
#88WhereDidItGoPosted 12/14/2012 9:25:42 AM
pyro_bunta posted...

1) PC controls are more suited to ranged combat. Also melee doesn't really matter if Skyrim's combat is really simple to begin with (I.E attack, heal, defend in between).

2) I'm okay with other games on consoles or PC, but Skyrim by default (in any platform) really lacks balance. You can't deny that, and it doesn't matter what system, Skyrim needs more polish. PC gamers are just lucky to be able to balance the game better.

3) If you have a PC (and if you have money to buy it to begin with) why not mod? No hurt in mods that enhances your experience.

Long story short, I wouldn't have needed balancing or gameplay mods if these issues were fixed to begin with. Just look at arrow crafting. It's after mods came out for it that Bethesda allows us to craft arrows officialy. Bethesda is lazy, everyone knows that.

You really need to brush up on what subjective means. What you listed above are clearly not objective standards. Especially #2. I completely deny that comment, and am in my right to do so because my standards aren't the same as yours.
---
"The madman is not the man who has lost his reason. The madman is the man who has lost everything except his reason." - G.K. Chesterton
#89suksassPosted 12/14/2012 9:26:38 AM
How exactly did this topic went from disscussing why people dislike thouse pc players who are pricks to why people like one thing over the other?
#90pyro_bunta(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 9:28:32 AM
suksass posted...
How exactly did this topic went from disscussing why people dislike thouse pc players who are pricks to why people like one thing over the other?

It's inevitable.
---