Seems like a lot of console Skyrim players hate the Skyrim PC crowd

#91pyro_bunta(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 8:36:29 AM(edited)
WhereDidItGo posted...
pyro_bunta posted...

1) PC controls are more suited to ranged combat. Also melee doesn't really matter if Skyrim's combat is really simple to begin with (I.E attack, heal, defend in between).

2) I'm okay with other games on consoles or PC, but Skyrim by default (in any platform) really lacks balance. You can't deny that, and it doesn't matter what system, Skyrim needs more polish. PC gamers are just lucky to be able to balance the game better.

3) If you have a PC (and if you have money to buy it to begin with) why not mod? No hurt in mods that enhances your experience.

Long story short, I wouldn't have needed balancing or gameplay mods if these issues were fixed to begin with. Just look at arrow crafting. It's after mods came out for it that Bethesda allows us to craft arrows officialy. Bethesda is lazy, everyone knows that.

You really need to brush up on what subjective means. What you listed above are clearly not objective standards. Especially #2. I completely deny that comment, and am in my right to do so because my standards aren't the same as yours.

Well, I felt the game was easy even on Master. Enchanting and Alchemy literally breaks the game.
You can also abuse staggering by using power attacks with stamina absorbing swords, stealth and bows makes enemies die way too easily, magic doesn't scale with your skill level, and you can only bring one follower. Really, it's not until I've played far into the game did I notice this. The are problems with the game just like any other game. Incidentally it's the gameplay of Skyrim that isn't balanced.
---
Like Drawing? Like Anime-Manga? Join the OT Draw Thread!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000121-anime-and-manga-other-titles/64830865
#92tomgamer82Posted 12/14/2012 8:32:38 AM
suksass posted...
How exactly did this topic went from disscussing why people dislike thouse pc players who are pricks to why people like one thing over the other?

This is GameFAQS.
Frankly, Im amazed that it took around 9 pages for the conversation to devolve
---
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
#93LinkLuigiPosted 12/14/2012 8:35:12 AM
Looks like it's time for me to take my annual Elder Scrolls board break.
#94zack12369Posted 12/14/2012 8:35:30 AM
Like it matters. We both play skyrim and enjoy it. And we both laugh at ps3 skyrim players. WHO CARES.
---
gt : z a c k t k.
<insert witty sig here>
#95todahouse21Posted 12/14/2012 8:38:16 AM
zack12369 posted...
Like it matters. We both play skyrim and enjoy it. And we both laugh at ps3 skyrim players. WHO CARES.

I agree. Although I don't laugh at PS3 gamers. Had I picked up this game on PS3 I'd be royally pissed.
#96WhereDidItGoPosted 12/14/2012 8:41:31 AM
pyro_bunta posted...
Well, I felt the game was easy even on Master. Enchanting an Alchemy literally breaks the game.

And that's all well and fine. I'm just pointing out to you that the subjectivity of what different gamers enjoy is the real heart of this dilemma, and it's the attitude like you had in your 2nd comment that such things can't be denied is what rubs people the wrong way. To say something is superior or better is a matter of value, and not everyone values the same things as you so you need to keep that in mind when making blanket statements. For instance challenge or lack thereof means little to me when determining the fun factor of a game, so where you would place high value on difficulty, it barely shows up on my radar. I play hard games and I play easy games, but those aspects themselves aren't what draw me to a game.
---
"The madman is not the man who has lost his reason. The madman is the man who has lost everything except his reason." - G.K. Chesterton
#97pyro_bunta(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2012 8:54:28 AM
WhereDidItGo posted...
pyro_bunta posted...
Well, I felt the game was easy even on Master. Enchanting an Alchemy literally breaks the game.

And that's all well and fine. I'm just pointing out to you that the subjectivity of what different gamers enjoy is the real heart of this dilemma, and it's the attitude like you had in your 2nd comment that such things can't be denied is what rubs people the wrong way. To say something is superior or better is a matter of value, and not everyone values the same things as you so you need to keep that in mind when making blanket statements. For instance challenge or lack thereof means little to me when determining the fun factor of a game, so where you would place high value on difficulty, it barely shows up on my radar. I play hard games and I play easy games, but those aspects themselves aren't what draw me to a game.

Right. Seems like I put too much emphasis on that point. From a logical standpoint though, having infinite magic because of enchanting not only breaks the gameplay , but immersion as well.
---
Like Drawing? Like Anime-Manga? Join the OT Draw Thread!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000121-anime-and-manga-other-titles/64830865
#98ViraugePosted 12/14/2012 8:54:58 AM
pyro_bunta posted...
Well, I felt the game was easy even on Master. Enchanting and Alchemy literally breaks the game.
You can also abuse staggering by using power attacks with stamina absorbing swords, stealth and bows makes enemies die way too easily, magic doesn't scale with your skill level, and you can only bring one follower. Really, it's not until I've played far into the game did I notice this. The are problems with the game just like any other game. Incidentally it's the gameplay of Skyrim that isn't balanced.

Multiplayer games need balance to add fairness. Single player games do not need to have balance.

Who plays a single player game and wants to be dramatically underpowered throughout the game? The beauty of Skyrim is you can choose to be underpowered or overpowered. I don't understand why your complaining about mechanics you admit you use. If it's that easy, play on master and don't use Alchemy and enchanting.

That is the best part, you can choose how difficult the game is for you more than just setting the difficulty.
#99capcat123Posted 12/14/2012 9:35:43 AM
Who knows this has happened for so long now i just don't even care
---
My Body Is Ready
#100maxmansupaPosted 12/14/2012 9:40:00 AM
Virauge posted...
pyro_bunta posted...

Multiplayer games need balance to add fairness. Single player games do not need to have balance.

Who plays a single player game and wants to be dramatically underpowered throughout the game? The beauty of Skyrim is you can choose to be underpowered or overpowered. I don't understand why your complaining about mechanics you admit you use. If it's that easy, play on master and don't use Alchemy and enchanting.

That is the best part, you can choose how difficult the game is for you more than just setting the difficulty.

Actually, yes, single player games also have to be balanced, otherwise you shed people who find the game either too hard or too easy. And most gamers don't play games that they find too hard or too easy.