So you're wife has been kidnapped in the Hearthfire...

#1BluesSoul617Posted 12/15/2012 5:18:49 AM(edited)
Specifically Lydia and I go out to save her. As I'm on my way, the game says the quest is complete and she's not home.... Where the flip is she now? I even reloaded it to before the quest starts to avoid the trouble and it starts again and ends by itself again. Smh Bethesda..... Too many freaking bugs. My adopted children say they went to the mart with mom. Stfu no you didn't >_>
---
Blues Soul 617
#2BluesSoul617(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2012 5:16:46 AM
Your* (topic title)

Stupid auto-correct.
---
Blues Soul 617
#3UjigumPosted 12/15/2012 5:17:09 AM
the "kidnapping" was an excuse. lydias over you. she's with me now.
---
recovering skooma addict
#4BluesSoul617(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2012 5:19:19 AM
Yay another silly reply of gamefaqs.
---
Blues Soul 617
#5RPG_ApostlePosted 12/15/2012 5:21:49 AM
BluesSoul617 posted...
Yay another silly reply of gamefaqs.

Oh, it keeps things entertaining.

I don't know what to tell you. In a game this big, with this much stuff in it, not everything is going to be perfect.

I know Todd Howard once said in an interview they purposely left a few bugs in because they thought it was hilarious. Ever see a mammoth just fall from the sky?
---
How many mods does it take to screw in a lightbulb? They won't, since it TECHNICALLY didn't violate the TOS, but you'll be modded if you say there's no light.
#6GriffRobertsPosted 12/15/2012 5:23:55 AM
It's like six in the morning, all of the good posters are asleep. Or doing anything but posting here.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#7BluesSoul617(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2012 5:26:15 AM
RPG_Apostle posted...
Oh, it keeps things entertaining.

I don't know what to tell you. In a game this big, with this much stuff in it, not everything is going to be perfect.

I know Todd Howard once said in an interview they purposely left a few bugs in because they thought it was hilarious. Ever see a mammoth just fall from the sky?

Lol that's a funny reason to leave the glitches.

And I've seen many silly things in the game like my horse drop from the sky, a dragon lifting a giant out of nowhere (whether glitch or not) and a random guard dropping to his death from the sky upon arriving from fast travel. I laugh every time.
---
Blues Soul 617
#8LockeadonPosted 12/15/2012 5:27:22 AM
currently having the same problem. haven't seen wifey in weeks >.> and cause this game doesn't explain how to get anywhere (only the quest marker) i have no idea where to even look to find the kidnappers. even better the quest doesn't go to the finish quests section it totally vanishes...
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider
#9The_Real_TurnipPosted 12/15/2012 5:33:03 AM
Just something I've been wondering about with Hearthfire - I know bandits can kidnap your wife / kids, but can they steal any of your stuff while they're there (doing kidnapping)?

It's never come up for me since I have never been married / adopted a kid in Skyrim, so I was curious.
#10BluesSoul617(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2012 5:38:15 AM
Ujigum posted...
the "kidnapping" was an excuse. lydias over you. she's with me now.

I only married Lydia to test the patched glitch a while back.

The_Real_Turnip posted...
Just something I've been wondering about with Hearthfire - I know bandits can kidnap your wife / kids, but can they steal any of your stuff while they're there (doing kidnapping)?

It's never come up for me since I have never been married / adopted a kid in Skyrim, so I was curious.

They don't go in your house. You just get a note when you arrive home (from bandits iirc). I like how they did that.
---
Blues Soul 617