My problems with the Guilds. List yours.

#31M4nnimalPosted 12/15/2012 9:23:32 PM
Morael_Thel posted...
M4nnimal posted...
I wish you could've joined the Vigilants of Stendarr, and handed over Daedric artifacts to them to be destroyed. Would've given purpose to the artifcats for anti-Daedra characters.

After all of my encounters with them both in the vanilla game and the dlc, like Molag Bal's quest, them getting killed by everything in the wilderness, having one of their bases of operations wiped out by vampires, and their leader getting ganked at the beginning of the Dawnguard quest, they seem completely incompetent and should not be trusted with the task of dealing with daedric artifacts.

Valid point, but I would still welcome any mechanic that allowed me to get rid of them.
---
"A revolution is a struggle to the death between the future and the past."
#32Morael_ThelPosted 12/15/2012 9:24:53 PM(edited)
N1ghtm4reW0lf posted...
Morael_Thel posted...
M4nnimal posted...
I wish you could've joined the Vigilants of Stendarr, and handed over Daedric artifacts to them to be destroyed. Would've given purpose to the artifcats for anti-Daedra characters.

After all of my encounters with them both in the vanilla game and the dlc, like Molag Bal's quest, them getting killed by everything in the wilderness, having one of their bases of operations wiped out by vampires, and their leader getting ganked at the beginning of the Dawnguard quest, they seem completely incompetent and should not be trusted with the task of dealing with daedric artifacts.

What if you could take them to the college for study instead?

If they can make it there without dying or stopping to tell people how awesome Stendarr is.
#33jrr18Posted 12/15/2012 9:25:35 PM
M4nnimal posted...
Morael_Thel posted...
M4nnimal posted...

Valid point, but I would still welcome any mechanic that allowed me to get rid of them.

drop them in the sea.
---
Victory through superior fire power!
PSN jrr101
#34N1ghtm4reW0lf(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2012 9:27:22 PM
M4nnimal posted...
Morael_Thel posted...
M4nnimal posted...

Aside from the less evil ones, like Dawnbreaker, Spellbreaker(Is that the right name? Peryites), and Azura's star, I lock them up in the safes in my Hearthfire cellar along with a filled grand soul gem, imagining the gem is powering a magical barrier/lock in an attempt to keep them away from people.
---
Times modded for saying "re****ed" : 2
#35M4nnimalPosted 12/15/2012 9:31:00 PM
N1ghtm4reW0lf posted...
M4nnimal posted...
Morael_Thel posted...
M4nnimal posted...

Aside from the less evil ones, like Dawnbreaker, Spellbreaker(Is that the right name? Peryites), and Azura's star, I lock them up in the safes in my Hearthfire cellar along with a filled grand soul gem, imagining the gem is powering a magical barrier/lock in an attempt to keep them away from people.

Yeah I've done that sort of thing, as well. The soul gem is a nice touch, though. I may have to copy that.
---
#36M4nnimalPosted 12/15/2012 9:33:32 PM
jrr18 posted...
M4nnimal posted...
Morael_Thel posted...
M4nnimal posted...

drop them in the sea.

Somehow, taking an immensely powerful object and throwing it into the sea where it could wash up on shore and be found by anyone doesn't sit well with me.
---
#37The_Ivory_ManPosted 12/15/2012 9:34:32 PM
M4nnimal posted...
jrr18 posted...
M4nnimal posted...
Morael_Thel posted...
M4nnimal posted...

drop them in the sea.

Somehow, taking an immensely powerful object and throwing it into the sea where it could wash up on shore and be found by anyone doesn't sit well with me.

Eat them
#38Morael_ThelPosted 12/15/2012 9:37:18 PM
M4nnimal posted...
jrr18 posted...
M4nnimal posted...
Morael_Thel posted...
M4nnimal posted...

drop them in the sea.

You're right. We should cast them into the fires of Mount Doom.
#39the_old_daysPosted 12/15/2012 9:37:22 PM
1) Essential guild members.

If want to RP as a beast hunter, I should be able to stalk and kill all vampires and were-creatures throughout Skyrim. The fact the the majority of the Companions are essential ruins this.

Also, if I want to be an evil renegade mage and destroy the Mage's college, I should be able to.

2) Not enough joinable factions.

In congruence with point 1, why can't I join the Silver Hands or the Vigilants of Stendarr? Yes, there is the Dawnguard, but unfortunately it requires some progression into the main quest.

3) The Bard's guild is flat out lame. At least let me become a bard and have a canned animation for each musical instrument. I know this isn't Fable (thank god) but a Bard's guild is kind of a dumb idea if you can't actually RP as a bard. Plus, the whole questline feels half-assed.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/634491-grand-theft-auto-v/63868901
#40The_Ivory_ManPosted 12/15/2012 9:38:51 PM
the_old_days posted...
1) Essential guild members.

If want to RP as a beast hunter, I should be able to stalk and kill all vampires and were-creatures throughout Skyrim. The fact the the majority of the Companions are essential ruins this.

Also, if I want to be an evil renegade mage and destroy the Mage's college, I should be able to.

2) Not enough joinable factions.

In congruence with point 1, why can't I join the Silver Hands or the Vigilants of Stendarr? Yes, there is the Dawnguard, but unfortunately it requires some progression into the main quest.

3) The Bard's guild is flat out lame. At least let me become a bard and have a canned animation for each musical instrument. I know this isn't Fable (thank god) but a Bard's guild is kind of a dumb idea if you can't actually RP as a bard. Plus, the whole questline feels half-assed.

What do you mean you have to do the main quest?