My problems with the Guilds. List yours.

#41the_old_daysPosted 12/15/2012 9:40:16 PM
The_Ivory_Man posted...
the_old_days posted...
1) Essential guild members.

If want to RP as a beast hunter, I should be able to stalk and kill all vampires and were-creatures throughout Skyrim. The fact the the majority of the Companions are essential ruins this.

Also, if I want to be an evil renegade mage and destroy the Mage's college, I should be able to.

2) Not enough joinable factions.

In congruence with point 1, why can't I join the Silver Hands or the Vigilants of Stendarr? Yes, there is the Dawnguard, but unfortunately it requires some progression into the main quest.

3) The Bard's guild is flat out lame. At least let me become a bard and have a canned animation for each musical instrument. I know this isn't Fable (thank god) but a Bard's guild is kind of a dumb idea if you can't actually RP as a bard. Plus, the whole questline feels half-assed.

What do you mean you have to do the main quest?

There is a point in the Dawnguard questline where you need something you get during the MQ.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/634491-grand-theft-auto-v/63868901
#42RampagingwalrusPosted 12/15/2012 9:41:11 PM
the_old_days posted...
There is a point in the Dawnguard questline where you need something you get during the MQ.

You do not need to do the main quest to get that.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#43N1ghtm4reW0lf(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2012 9:41:11 PM
the_old_days posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...
the_old_days posted...

If want to RP as a beast hunter, I should be able to stalk and kill all vampires and were-creatures throughout Skyrim. The fact the the majority of the Companions are essential ruins this.

Also, if I want to be an evil renegade mage and destroy the Mage's college, I should be able to.

In congruence with point 1, why can't I join the Silver Hands or the Vigilants of Stendarr? Yes, there is the Dawnguard, but unfortunately it requires some progression into the main quest.

3) The Bard's guild is flat out lame. At least let me become a bard and have a canned animation for each musical instrument. I know this isn't Fable (thank god) but a Bard's guild is kind of a dumb idea if you can't actually RP as a bard. Plus, the whole questline feels half-assed.

What do you mean you have to do the main quest?

You have to do discerning the transmundane. That's a daedric quest, not main quest. It just ties in.
---
Times modded for saying "re****ed" : 2
#44M4nnimalPosted 12/15/2012 9:41:16 PM
Morael_Thel posted...
You're right. We should cast them into the fires of Mount Doom.

Exactly!
---
"A revolution is a struggle to the death between the future and the past."
#45the_old_daysPosted 12/15/2012 9:43:23 PM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
the_old_days posted...

You do not need to do the main quest to get that.

Really? Awesome! I was under the impression that you did, Dawnguard here I come!

My roommates gave me some bad info on that one. I just got DG but have been putting it off until after my current character had finished the MQ (which I haven't started yet).
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/634491-grand-theft-auto-v/63868901
#46RampagingwalrusPosted 12/15/2012 9:44:08 PM
the_old_days posted...
Really? Awesome! I was under the impression that you did, Dawnguard here I come!

My roommates gave me some bad info on that one. I just got DG but have been putting it off until after my current character had finished the MQ (which I haven't started yet).

The only requirement for that, is level 15.
No prior quests need to be done.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#47Morael_ThelPosted 12/15/2012 9:44:09 PM
the_old_days posted...

I think the only way to wipe out the companions' circle is to complete their quest. I may be wrong, but I think they lose their essential status after that. As for the Bard's college, I've done nearly every quest but that one. It just doesn't sound appealing at all.
#48BurstBearPosted 12/15/2012 10:02:44 PM
N1ghtm4reW0lf posted...

Since when is Whiterun Guard a member of the Dark Brotherhood?

All Skyrim guards are aspects of Sithis allowed into world in order to protect the Dark Brotherhood. They are a hivemind entity.
#49N1ghtm4reW0lf(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2012 10:06:07 PM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
the_old_days posted...

The only requirement for that, is level 15.
No prior quests need to be done.

Level 15 is the requirement to collect the blood and get the book. No requirement to get the scroll, but if you turn in the LExicon before level 15 then Septimus sends a courier when you hit the level.
---
Times modded for saying "re****ed" : 2
#50DarthVader561Posted 12/16/2012 9:12:35 AM
The Thieves Guild ends up having influence all across Skyrim, and still lets Riften sit in ruin/get bossed around by Maven.
---
http://i.imgur.com/hNYAu.gif