Do you consider the Thieves Guild..Noble thieves?

#11LockeadonPosted 12/16/2012 9:13:07 AM
Evil_Sandwich posted...
"Noble Thieves?" Lolno. Never.

They steal things and therefore will ALWAYS be bad people, imo.

even if they steal some food to give to their starving children?

the method may be wrong but some of them are basically good people who have no other options than stealing
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider
#12MrGazzo(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2012 9:14:45 AM
Rikashi posted...
No, but that's what I liked about them. It felt weird to roleplay a thief in Oblivion yet go around dungeons and helping people instead of going after he big money.

What about the guys who want to roleplay like Robin Hood-esque thieves?
---
Haytham Kenway = Roger Moore
#13LockeadonPosted 12/16/2012 9:17:51 AM
MrGazzo posted...
Rikashi posted...
No, but that's what I liked about them. It felt weird to roleplay a thief in Oblivion yet go around dungeons and helping people instead of going after he big money.

nothings stopping you from taking your earnings and helping people with the money ^.^ be creative! there are plenty of poor people around to help
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider
#14RikashiPosted 12/16/2012 9:18:21 AM
MrGazzo posted...
Rikashi posted...

The same could be said (to a lesser extent though) about those wanting to roleplay a greedy bastard in Oblivion. I'm all for having two roguish guilds in the next game myself.
---
TES VI: SWAGGERFALL
Not changing this sig until Stephen Kings 'It' gets a proper movie adaption.
#15zeroboboPosted 12/16/2012 9:20:41 AM
Rikashi posted...
MrGazzo posted...
Rikashi posted...

The same could be said (to a lesser extent though) about those wanting to roleplay a greedy bastard in Oblivion. I'm all for having two roguish guilds in the next game myself.

or perhaps the same roguish guild and the storyline is about a split in the guild. the more noble-thieves with a heart of gold type, and the more thuggish greedy types and you have to pick sides.

then it turns into a turf war. that could be really cool.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#16MrGazzo(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2012 9:21:58 AM
Rikashi posted...
MrGazzo posted...
Rikashi posted...

A civil war between Noble thieves and greedy thieves, perhaps? similar to Fallout 3's BoS?
---
Haytham Kenway = Roger Moore
#17JohnRyan1228Posted 12/16/2012 9:23:37 AM
I would say the nightingales are, but not the guild in general
---
"oh i comprehended it fine! i just didnt read it!"- zerobobo
#18The_Ivory_ManPosted 12/16/2012 9:23:39 AM
zerobobo posted...
Rikashi posted...
MrGazzo posted...
Rikashi posted...

or perhaps the same roguish guild and the storyline is about a split in the guild. the more noble-thieves with a heart of gold type, and the more thuggish greedy types and you have to pick sides.

then it turns into a turf war. that could be really cool.

Sounds cool
#19JohnRyan1228Posted 12/16/2012 9:27:04 AM
zerobobo posted...
not, they're a bunch of petty thugs.

that second quest where you run around collecting "protection money" made me feel awful.

i will give oblivion credit there, the thieves guild felt like a good guy stealth guild, and the dark brotherhood felt like the bad guy stealth guild. in skyrim i feel like a petty thug and a sociopath assassin if i join them :\

in fairness, desperate times call for desperate measures. The Skyrim guild was in shambles. Besides having the legion on their ass, the Cyrodil guild was doing pretty good. They had influence and resources basically in every city. They could afford to act "noble"
---
"oh i comprehended it fine! i just didnt read it!"- zerobobo
#20Dr_ProfessorPosted 12/16/2012 10:57:26 AM
Thieves' Guild under Mercer is an evil organization, yes. His "leadership" is why you're hitting people up for protection money. Note that when he's out, that never happens again.
---
Ph.D