Help with Illusion

#1Criminal_BmcPosted 12/16/2012 9:29:25 AM
So I need some help with illusion magic. What spells to use, and how to use them effectively. Also some perks to upgrade?
---
"Father? I don't have a father, I just don't like you, that's all."- Devil May Cry 3 DA. GT: Criminalbmc97
#2UsurpationblitzPosted 12/16/2012 9:33:54 AM
Calm and Frenzy.

If you are sneaking around, you can cast Frenzy at someone and make them attack each other until there is only one person left. Then you can either snipe them with a bow, or take them out with a dagger. If anyone sees you and you get into trouble, just cast Calm on them to stop them from attack and then sneak attack them when they turn around.

Muffle is useful to level up with, and it's nice to not be heard.

A Vampire with Illusion is the best way to go, but not needed.

Duel Casting isn't really a top priority, but it's not a waste either. I don't get it, but you can if you are using it a lot.
---
I got married on April 4th, 2010
http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac158/Usurpationblitz/TGOrlandu-1.png
#3Criminal_Bmc(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2012 9:35:58 AM
Usurpationblitz posted...
Calm and Frenzy.

If you are sneaking around, you can cast Frenzy at someone and make them attack each other until there is only one person left. Then you can either snipe them with a bow, or take them out with a dagger. If anyone sees you and you get into trouble, just cast Calm on them to stop them from attack and then sneak attack them when they turn around.

Muffle is useful to level up with, and it's nice to not be heard.

A Vampire with Illusion is the best way to go, but not needed.

Duel Casting isn't really a top priority, but it's not a waste either. I don't get it, but you can if you are using it a lot.

---
"Father? I don't have a father, I just don't like you, that's all."- Devil May Cry 3 DA. GT: Criminalbmc97
#4UsurpationblitzPosted 12/17/2012 2:34:10 AM
You're welcome.
---
I got married on April 4th, 2010
http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac158/Usurpationblitz/TGOrlandu-1.png
#5IamI3rianPosted 12/17/2012 2:43:47 AM
Is there a more straightforward school of magic?

I mean, maybe destruction, but I'm pretty sure I can figure out what a "fear" spell does.

/faith in humanity.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
I could write a book about what you don't know. --Skeletor
#6DerejinPosted 12/17/2012 2:54:03 AM
Brian, he was asking in case there were tips for certain situations that he couldn't possibly figure out without experiencing them, and then realizing he should've put a perk in here/not put a perk in there.

Anyway, TC, if you want to be a fire mage as well, I suggest you do not get Aspect of Terror until you put two perks into Augmented Flames.
Aspect of Terror buffs Fire damage because all fire damage has a minor Fear effect. It will buff Fire Damage to an even greater extent if you take Augmented Flames first. It's a minor difference, I think about 10% VS 15%, but worth noting.

Silent Casting works on powers and shouts, not just spells. Can be nifty if you're a werewolf, since you can transform silently that way. Aura Whisper becomes more useful, too, since, although Aura Whisper's quiet, it's not silent until Silent Casting is taken.

Necromage, of the Restoration perk tree, buffs Illusion against undead, as well. Can be useful!

Alchemy can come in handy, since being able to buff Illusion's effectiveness allows for some easy boss fights. Not against dragons, though, but still!

One final thing I'll mention - never restrict yourself to just one magic school. Just as Combat won't work if you only use One-handed and forgo an Armor tree, so too will Magic not work if you don't take advantage of its multiple schools.