Why did you guys buy this game, (real deal)

#1IamI3rianPosted 12/17/2012 1:04:54 AM
Seriously, I'd like to hear why each and every one of you actually picked this up.

For me? The promise of better magic (as opposed to Oblivion) and the continuation of an amazing series.

Also, I was promised that everything wrong with the last game would be fixed.

A lot of people I talk to at work play this, and explaining that they're "wrong" about certain things gets awkward.

I also like that. - ) <------ one more time?
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
I could write a book about what you don't know. --Skeletor
#2Ajd_KingPosted 12/17/2012 1:06:01 AM
I liked the previous ones and Bethesda is very good at building hype.
#3RebelElite791Posted 12/17/2012 1:06:14 AM
Because it's TES. Lol.

Plus it just looked amazing from all the trailers.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#4The_Beer_ScotchPosted 12/17/2012 1:09:08 AM
I... i have a problem ok?

*looks at worn out tes discs*
---
You can have her then. I like my boys and girls pure, sloppy seconds are for chumps. ~ Rikashi.
#5strifechug2Posted 12/17/2012 1:09:59 AM
out of curiosity
---
I'll plant an IED right.... here... *dig dig*
#6syr2Posted 12/17/2012 1:12:59 AM
Because it's The Elder Scrolls. That's why. I don't care how many DLCs will be released, I'm going to buy each and every one without hesitation, period.
---
y u do dis 2 mee
#7IamI3rian(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2012 1:17:31 AM
I think I feel the same as you guys...

I mean, I'll pick up the next FO too...

I just, I know it's so huge, but can't they get it right once?

I HATE dealing with the glithces etc...

Very counter intuitive to what you all might think of me, but one single time, just ONCE, I'd like a Beth game to work right at launch.

Also, I bought it specifically because of the new 'equips + mmagicka' system. I finally was able to have a mage who wasn't limited by an imaginary number. When I heard at level up you could choose to increase your magicka etc...

Sold me on the game. = D
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
I could write a book about what you don't know. --Skeletor
#8NateRose89Posted 12/17/2012 1:27:19 AM
IamI3rian posted...
I think I feel the same as you guys...

I mean, I'll pick up the next FO too...

I just, I know it's so huge, but can't they get it right once?

I HATE dealing with the glithces etc...

Very counter intuitive to what you all might think of me, but one single time, just ONCE, I'd like a Beth game to work right at launch.

Also, I bought it specifically because of the new 'equips + mmagicka' system. I finally was able to have a mage who wasn't limited by an imaginary number. When I heard at level up you could choose to increase your magicka etc...

Sold me on the game. = D

Every single Beth game I've ever bought has worked on launch.
---
"I am no knight. I spit on them and their vows." Sandor Clegane, 1996.
#9pyro_buntaPosted 12/17/2012 1:30:12 AM
I got interested, because I've never played a western made RPG before. I was pleasantly surprised it was pretty fun. At least until I got over level 10 when things started falling apart. I have the PC version, so I luckily can fix all my issues with mods. Bethesda needs to hire these modders. I mean, who ever think that it was a great idea for your followers to trigger traps and die instantly?

Seeing Dawnguard and Dragonborn features which was supposed to be in the original game, I can't help think Bethesda are holding off features for the sake of money or if they're just lazy or stupid. Remember when we can't craft arrows?
---
Like Drawing? Like Anime-Manga? Join the OT Draw Thread!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000121-anime-and-manga-other-titles/64830865
#10clone11Posted 12/17/2012 1:30:21 AM
Because I've been playing TES for 16 years.. I'm not going to give up now.
---
"You persist too long after your own defeat. Come then, warrior. Have your resolution."