Why did you guys buy this game, (real deal)

#11RebelElite791Posted 12/17/2012 2:31:35 AM
pyro_bunta posted...
I got interested, because I've never played a western made RPG before. I was pleasantly surprised it was pretty fun. At least until I got over level 10 when things started falling apart. I have the PC version, so I luckily can fix all my issues with mods. Bethesda needs to hire these modders. I mean, who ever think that it was a great idea for your followers to trigger traps and die instantly?

Seeing Dawnguard and Dragonborn features which was supposed to be in the original game, I can't help think Bethesda are holding off features for the sake of money or if they're just lazy or stupid. Remember when we can't craft arrows?

There isn't a single DG or DB feature that was "supposed to be in the original game."

That implies that they cut stuff to sell later. Nothing in either DLC was made before Skyrim was finished.

And I dont think followers realistically stepping into traps is such a bad thing <__< I mean, people would complain if they couldnt. Realism and all that.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#12IamI3rian(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2012 2:35:51 AM
NateRose89 posted...
Every single Beth game I've ever bought has worked on launch.

Hi.

I am I3rian.

My "job" here is to deal with issues people have, with Skyrim.

Mostly, they are due to faulty coding/bad programming/things that the "PC modding community" has fixed.

I figure out how to do the same thing on consoles.

Nice to meet you.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
I could write a book about what you don't know. --Skeletor
#13pyro_buntaPosted 12/17/2012 2:50:05 AM
RebelElite791 posted...
pyro_bunta posted...
I got interested, because I've never played a western made RPG before. I was pleasantly surprised it was pretty fun. At least until I got over level 10 when things started falling apart. I have the PC version, so I luckily can fix all my issues with mods. Bethesda needs to hire these modders. I mean, who ever think that it was a great idea for your followers to trigger traps and die instantly?

Seeing Dawnguard and Dragonborn features which was supposed to be in the original game, I can't help think Bethesda are holding off features for the sake of money or if they're just lazy or stupid. Remember when we can't craft arrows?

There isn't a single DG or DB feature that was "supposed to be in the original game."

That implies that they cut stuff to sell later. Nothing in either DLC was made before Skyrim was finished.

And I dont think followers realistically stepping into traps is such a bad thing <__< I mean, people would complain if they couldnt. Realism and all that.

That doesn't make sense:

1) How hard is it to implement arrow crafting? Even PC modders can do it.

2) There's a stone step trap right infront of them, with 4 torches lighting the area. How realistic is that?
---
Like Drawing? Like Anime-Manga? Join the OT Draw Thread!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000121-anime-and-manga-other-titles/64830865
#14The_Beer_ScotchPosted 12/17/2012 2:51:17 AM
IamI3rian posted...
NateRose89 posted...
Every single Beth game I've ever bought has worked on launch.

Hi.

I am I3rian.

My "job" here is to deal with issues people have, with Skyrim.

Mostly, they are due to faulty coding/bad programming/things that the "PC modding community" has fixed.

I figure out how to do the same thing on consoles.

Nice to meet you.

Which, and no offence is meant here as you know.....

Is something anyone with half a brain can do for themselves in the majority of cases.

What you do is helpful, but you constantly appear jaded when discussing it, and refer to it as a burden...

If you don't enjoy it anymore... then don't do it? Its ok to have fun sir.
---
You can have her then. I like my boys and girls pure, sloppy seconds are for chumps. ~ Rikashi.
#15RebelElite791Posted 12/17/2012 2:52:02 AM
pyro_bunta posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
pyro_bunta posted...

That doesn't make sense:

2) There's a stone step trap right infront of them, with 4 torches lighting the area. How realistic is that?

How was arrow crafting "supposed to be in the original game?"

They had no plans to put it in. By that logic every possible thing that fans could want "was cut out to put in later." Are you serious? Lol.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#16The_Beer_ScotchPosted 12/17/2012 2:55:03 AM
pyro_bunta posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
pyro_bunta posted...

That doesn't make sense:

So when faced with a mammoth of a game with more playtime and features than most other games... your first reaction is to whine about what wasnt included and call he developer lazy?

And "even pc modders with all the time in the world, and very limited goals can do it, why cant the guys on a deadline who built everything including the tools used by the pc modders from scratch not do everything i wanted"?

You sound very silly.
---
You can have her then. I like my boys and girls pure, sloppy seconds are for chumps. ~ Rikashi.
#17BluesSoul617Posted 12/17/2012 2:55:15 AM
syr2 posted...
I don't care how many DLCs will be released, I'm going to buy each and every one without hesitation, period.

Me too.

Also, this is my first TES game and it's one of the best games I've played ever.
---
Blues Soul 617
#18pyro_buntaPosted 12/17/2012 2:58:44 AM
RebelElite791 posted...
pyro_bunta posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
pyro_bunta posted...

That doesn't make sense:

How was arrow crafting "supposed to be in the original game?"

They had no plans to put it in. By that logic every possible thing that fans could want "was cut out to put in later." Are you serious? Lol.

Because it doesn't make sense for a master Blacksmith to not be able to craft arrows, yet merchants sell them. Your logic fails if you think "every single thing a fan wants" is related with crafting arrows. You WILL NOT get every single thing you want, but seriously... ARROWS. How logical or realistic is that you can craft armor from dragon bones and daedra hearts, but simple arrows are impossible? It gives the impression that it's either lazyness, or it's being hold off on purpose. Look at mounted combat. That was free, and it's far more complicated to implement than arrow crafting.
---
Like Drawing? Like Anime-Manga? Join the OT Draw Thread!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000121-anime-and-manga-other-titles/64830865
#19pyro_buntaPosted 12/17/2012 2:58:53 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#20GriffRobertsPosted 12/17/2012 2:59:35 AM
Mostly because my friends were getting it and I'd been hearing good things about Skyrim.

Introduced me to the Elder Scrolls franchise.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.