Why did you guys buy this game, (real deal)

#21pyro_buntaPosted 12/17/2012 2:02:59 AM
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
pyro_bunta posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
pyro_bunta posted...
I got interested, because I've never played a western made RPG before. I was pleasantly surprised it was pretty fun. At least until I got over level 10 when things started falling apart. I have the PC version, so I luckily can fix all my issues with mods. Bethesda needs to hire these modders. I mean, who ever think that it was a great idea for your followers to trigger traps and die instantly?

Seeing Dawnguard and Dragonborn features which was supposed to be in the original game, I can't help think Bethesda are holding off features for the sake of money or if they're just lazy or stupid. Remember when we can't craft arrows?

There isn't a single DG or DB feature that was "supposed to be in the original game."

That implies that they cut stuff to sell later. Nothing in either DLC was made before Skyrim was finished.

And I dont think followers realistically stepping into traps is such a bad thing <__< I mean, people would complain if they couldnt. Realism and all that.

That doesn't make sense:

1) How hard is it to implement arrow crafting? Even PC modders can do it.

2) There's a stone step trap right infront of them, with 4 torches lighting the area. How realistic is that?

So when faced with a mammoth of a game with more playtime and features than most other games... your first reaction is to whine about what wasnt included and call he developer lazy?

And "even pc modders with all the time in the world, and very limited goals can do it, why cant the guys on a deadline who built everything including the tools used by the pc modders from scratch not do everything i wanted"?

You sound very silly.

Adding craftable arrows and Light Foot perk to some followers doesn't even take a day for those modders. It's justified for anyone to critique a developer's performance. How many people did you you think, complained about the absence of spears when the game was coming out? Is that "unjustifiable whining"?
---
Like Drawing? Like Anime-Manga? Join the OT Draw Thread!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000121-anime-and-manga-other-titles/64830865
#22IamI3rian(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2012 2:06:45 AM
Which, and no offence is meant here as you know.....

Is something anyone with 1) half a brain can do for themselves in the majority of cases.

2) What you do is helpful, but you constantly appear jaded when discussing it, and refer to it as a burden...

3) If you don't enjoy it anymore... then don't do it? Its ok to have fun sir.

1) Honestly, I'm not certain I need to add anything here but, I was young once. Sometimes (especially with "passtimes" it's ok to be spoonfed).

2) Yup. Hate it, and it sucks. On PS3 I've been "replaced" but I constantly see things here that I can fix, but no one else seems to be able to.

No joke, I find it frustrating...... in the same way though, I feel that sometimes people just need a fast answer, and there are a lot of fixes for a lot of bugs that only exist in my head, or in my notes. = /

3) Well, I'd point you to the above....

...but, I've been there. Just got a new thing, loving every minute of it......

then something goes wrong. If they had the internet when I was younger, everyone I know woulda been happier.

Also, I'm known here. If I say something it carries enough weight to acttually get some clown to try it, thusly expanding the knowledge base:

See: jammymacster..... or TOP.

Worth mentioning also, UESP is filled with lies/nonsense recently. Sometimes I am the only answer.

I don't like it, but there's not many others who can do that. They certainly appear to have less time than I do. Meaning we're all stretched. = /
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
I could write a book about what you don't know. --Skeletor
#23RebelElite791Posted 12/17/2012 2:10:01 AM
pyro_bunta posted...

Because it doesn't make sense for a master Blacksmith to not be able to craft arrows, yet merchants sell them. Your logic fails if you think "every single thing a fan wants" is related with crafting arrows. You WILL NOT get every single thing you want, but seriously... ARROWS. How logical or realistic is that you can craft armor from dragon bones and daedra hearts, but simple arrows are impossible? It gives the impression that it's either lazyness, or it's being hold off on purpose. Look at mounted combat. That was free, and it's far more complicated to implement than arrow crafting.

You said things in the DLC were SUPPOSED TO BE IN THE ORIGINAL GAME.

Arrow crafting was not. Nobody said it was going to be in. It was not in previous games. Therefore it was not "supposed to be in this"

Stop posting, you're embarrassing yourself.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#24The_Beer_ScotchPosted 12/17/2012 2:11:23 AM
pyro_bunta posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
pyro_bunta posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
pyro_bunta posted...
I got interested, because I've never played a western made RPG before. I was pleasantly surprised it was pretty fun. At least until I got over level 10 when things started falling apart. I have the PC version, so I luckily can fix all my issues with mods. Bethesda needs to hire these modders. I mean, who ever think that it was a great idea for your followers to trigger traps and die instantly?

Seeing Dawnguard and Dragonborn features which was supposed to be in the original game, I can't help think Bethesda are holding off features for the sake of money or if they're just lazy or stupid. Remember when we can't craft arrows?

There isn't a single DG or DB feature that was "supposed to be in the original game."

That implies that they cut stuff to sell later. Nothing in either DLC was made before Skyrim was finished.

And I dont think followers realistically stepping into traps is such a bad thing <__< I mean, people would complain if they couldnt. Realism and all that.

That doesn't make sense:

2) There's a stone step trap right infront of them, with 4 torches lighting the area. How realistic is that?

How was arrow crafting "supposed to be in the original game?"

They had no plans to put it in. By that logic every possible thing that fans could want "was cut out to put in later." Are you serious? Lol.

Because it doesn't make sense for a master Blacksmith to not be able to craft arrows, yet merchants sell them. Your logic fails if you think "every single thing a fan wants" is related with crafting arrows. You WILL NOT get every single thing you want, but seriously... ARROWS. How logical or realistic is that you can craft armor from dragon bones and daedra hearts, but simple arrows are impossible? It gives the impression that it's either lazyness, or it's being hold off on purpose. Look at mounted combat. That was free, and it's far more complicated to implement than arrow crafting.

Firstly, fletchers make arrows not blacksmiths.

Secondly, I can craft armour from dragonbones but I can't build a ladder. Are beth lazy?

And so dawnguard ONLY added craftable arrows... and giving you free content is also lazy?

Listen to yourself. You are making no sense?
---
You can have her then. I like my boys and girls pure, sloppy seconds are for chumps. ~ Rikashi.
#25pyro_buntaPosted 12/17/2012 2:24:00 AM
No you.

You said only fletchers can craft arrows? Why can you now craft arrows from the DLC?

You're contradicting yourself. The only one getting embarassed is how clueless you two are to what standards and logic is.
---
Like Drawing? Like Anime-Manga? Join the OT Draw Thread!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000121-anime-and-manga-other-titles/64830865
#26The_Beer_ScotchPosted 12/17/2012 2:25:12 AM
pyro_bunta posted...
pyro_bunta posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
pyro_bunta posted...

That doesn't make sense:

So when faced with a mammoth of a game with more playtime and features than most other games... your first reaction is to whine about what wasnt included and call he developer lazy?

And "even pc modders with all the time in the world, and very limited goals can do it, why cant the guys on a deadline who built everything including the tools used by the pc modders from scratch not do everything i wanted"?

You sound very silly.

Adding craftable arrows and Light Foot perk to some followers doesn't even take a day for those modders. It's justified for anyone to critique a developer's performance. How many people did you you think, complained about the absence of spears when the game was coming out? Is that "unjustifiable whining"?

Yes it is. As spears where never a promised weapon, and its a classic case of people being greedy. They released a toolkit to allow you to add anything you want, and people still whine about it like thats a bad thing.
---
You can have her then. I like my boys and girls pure, sloppy seconds are for chumps. ~ Rikashi.
#27The_Beer_ScotchPosted 12/17/2012 2:28:57 AM
pyro_bunta posted...
No you.

You said only fletchers can craft arrows? Why can you now craft arrows from the DLC?

You're contradicting yourself. The only one getting embarassed is how clueless you two are to what standards and logic is.

... i did not say only fletchers can craft arrows.. You are wasting my time. I am not engaging in a no u conversation. Thats just childish.
---
#28RebelElite791Posted 12/17/2012 2:29:37 AM
I like how he completely ignored my post because it pointed out how his entire argument in this thread is totally wrong.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#29BipBapBamPosted 12/17/2012 2:33:41 AM
Honestly? I don't know. I've never played a TES before Skyrim, and I was just bored one day, while browsing the CoD boards and heard everyone praising this game, so I got curious and bought it.

Best decision I've ever made. It's definitely in my top 3 favorite games ever played.
#30IamI3rian(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2012 2:34:50 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]