Why did you guys buy this game, (real deal)

#41SpawnRazorPosted 12/17/2012 3:58:56 AM
I personally got the game because I love TES, I love the stories, the histories, and the fun of building a legend. The trailers simply made me spring with excitement. With Skyrim I wont lie a few of my favorite Guilds felt a little...lacking...but overall it is a year later, and I am still playing this game like it is 12:40am on 11/11/11.

Plus I am a sucker for RPGs. xD
---
\ (*-*) / Praise Toeh! You didn't think that you were the only one, I was the first.
#42RayzoriumPosted 12/17/2012 4:04:24 AM(edited)
IamI3rian posted...
Leveling in Obl ws fine. ...

Actually, I have no problem changing the difficulty. I'm just a huge perfectionist in some games and it pained me to have forever crippled stats because I didn't meticulously watch or plan my skill-ups every level.

That being said, the console is a feature too and could have fixed my problem, so it's still stubbornness that kept me from enjoying it. =(
#43SkytheWiz1Posted 12/17/2012 4:02:28 AM
Bethesda's easily one of my favorite developers.

Excellent environments.

Very few copy/paste characters (in other open-world games, you run into countless cutout copies of NPCs who you can't even interact with - just kill or steal from).

Mostly realistic schedules - few people wandering about at 2am, shops closing at appropriate hours (if you wish to break-in).

Typically awesome quest lines (even when the main story flopped).

Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and (their publishing of) Fallout New Vegas had me sold on purchasing this game on release day.

I don't regret it, but I do see aspects of past games that were done better.
---
Pretend there are awe-inspiring lyrics
or oh-so-hilarious quotations here, please.
#44BardockpwnsjooPosted 12/17/2012 4:11:15 AM
I bought this game honestly just because I love Bethesda. I was NOT a hardcore Elder Scrolls fan prior, I had played Oblivion some but never gotten into it. I wanted to get into TES because I knew it's pretty much Bethesda's flagship. After playing Skyrim, I picked up Oblivion GOTY for the PC and was in love with both.

Bethesda deserves my money far more than most devs do these days. They make huge, open world games with lots of content and roleplaying possibilities. People who always ***** endlessly about the glitches are ignorant at best, and asses at worst. These kind of games are INCREDIBLY difficult to design and program. There is a very reasonable expectation of glitches and problems in large game worlds like this.

Plus, ever since they resisted a hostile takeover by EA, I pretty much feel compelled to throw money at them.
---
So, if you put an Oriental guy in a bowl, and spin it around, does he become disOriented?
#45The_Beer_ScotchPosted 12/17/2012 4:12:34 AM
You hear that rebel? We are trolls apparantly.

*facepalm*
---
You can have her then. I like my boys and girls pure, sloppy seconds are for chumps. ~ Rikashi.
#46pyro_buntaPosted 12/17/2012 4:25:19 AM
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
You hear that rebel? We are trolls apparantly.

*facepalm*

You guys have been missing my point since the beginning. So let me make it easier for you:

1) Arrow crafting is so simple, that I think it should've been in the game. There are also other features (some) refunding perks with Dragon Souls. There's another guy that posts the reason why (a few posts above) that holding off small things like crafting arrows doesn't make sense.

2) Nobody is implying that Bethesda did not include it in vanilla game because they're holding it off or being lazy. It gives the impression of it. So it's not necessarily true.

3) Being able to craft weapons, armors, and miscellaneous stuff in vanilla game, it's realistic/logical to be able to craft arrows. Then you said fletchers make arrows, not blacksmiths. Then why did Dawnguard allow blacksmiths (you) to craft arrows and bolts. This contradicts your post regarding fletchers and blacksmiths.

4) I had been a little over board there with some selection of words I used in this topic, but I expect that other posters can also discuss in a civilized manner. Also detailed reasons for your statements.
---
Like Drawing? Like Anime-Manga? Join the OT Draw Thread!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000121-anime-and-manga-other-titles/64830865
#47mewmew42Posted 12/17/2012 4:25:47 AM
1. online community raving bout it

2. option to play 3rd person

3. medieval/dragon theme

4. dark souls was just slaughtering me and was kinda stuck
#48GriffRobertsPosted 12/17/2012 4:45:21 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615805-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/64938695

Pyro, you be trollin' in the deep, dawg
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.
#49pyro_buntaPosted 12/17/2012 4:53:11 AM
That was honest opinion. I said some, because I don't want to generalize the 360 community.
---
Like Drawing? Like Anime-Manga? Join the OT Draw Thread!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000121-anime-and-manga-other-titles/64830865
#50The_Beer_ScotchPosted 12/17/2012 4:59:59 AM
pyro_bunta posted...
That was honest opinion. I said some, because I don't want to generalize the 360 community.

Because posting blatent lies is honest opinion? You made me laugh, I'll admit that :)
---
You can have her then. I like my boys and girls pure, sloppy seconds are for chumps. ~ Rikashi.