Why did you guys buy this game, (real deal)

#51pyro_buntaPosted 12/17/2012 5:07:46 AM
Read again.

Even mods deleted that Iam I3rian guy's post.
---
Like Drawing? Like Anime-Manga? Join the OT Draw Thread!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/2000121-anime-and-manga-other-titles/64830865
#52jammymacsterPosted 12/17/2012 5:16:59 AM(edited)
In an interview Todd said that higher tier arrows will be rare "You won't be walking around with 50 daedric arrows" or something to that effect. That sounds to me like Bethesda originally didn't have any intention of arrow crafting being in the game.

Somewhere along the line they changed their minds, because, y'know, people do that.

RebelElite791 posted...
Because it's TES.

And this. I did think it looked awesome but I was one of the people that went nuts just at that mini trailer announcement.
---
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here." - Peter Molyneux
#538492nd_SquadronPosted 12/17/2012 5:39:49 AM
Because it's an Elder Scrolls game, and it's been too long since i play a good open-world RPG
#54pyro_buntaPosted 12/17/2012 5:40:14 AM
jammymacster posted...
In an interview Todd said that higher tier arrows will be rare "You won't be walking around with 50 daedric arrows" or something to that effect. That sounds to me like Bethesda originally didn't have any intention of arrow crafting being in the game.

Somewhere along the line they changed their minds, because, y'know, people do that.

Yes, they should be rare. What about Iron and Steel arrows? They should be comon and easy to make. Then again if they're rare, the archer guy in Solitude sells Ebony and Daedric arrows >__>
---
#55LockeadonPosted 12/17/2012 6:05:27 AM
NateRose89 posted...
IamI3rian posted...
I think I feel the same as you guys...

I mean, I'll pick up the next FO too...

I just, I know it's so huge, but can't they get it right once?

I HATE dealing with the glithces etc...

Very counter intuitive to what you all might think of me, but one single time, just ONCE, I'd like a Beth game to work right at launch.

Also, I bought it specifically because of the new 'equips + mmagicka' system. I finally was able to have a mage who wasn't limited by an imaginary number. When I heard at level up you could choose to increase your magicka etc...

Sold me on the game. = D

Every single Beth game I've ever bought has worked on launch.

so.. what your saying is you haven't bought any. hell large segments of skyrim still don't work a year later. or does work mean something different to you. to me it means functions as intended, NOT technically playable.
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider
#56AtrabiliousPosted 12/17/2012 6:06:40 AM
Mostly because it's TES, and TES games are kind of a big deal.

Dunno if that'll be enough to make me buy the next installment though. I was hoping for a more Morrowind-esque experience in Skyrim which I didn't get. So I'll wait and see before I buy the next one, instead of letting the hype train plough me over.
---
| Xbox 360: Atrabilious/ClassiestFiddle | PS3: Jazzy_Bones |
Currently Frequenting: The Dark Souls & Dragon's Dogma Boards.
#57LockeadonPosted 12/17/2012 6:15:53 AM
pyro_bunta posted...
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
pyro_bunta posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
pyro_bunta posted...
I got interested, because I've never played a western made RPG before. I was pleasantly surprised it was pretty fun. At least until I got over level 10 when things started falling apart. I have the PC version, so I luckily can fix all my issues with mods. Bethesda needs to hire these modders. I mean, who ever think that it was a great idea for your followers to trigger traps and die instantly?

Seeing Dawnguard and Dragonborn features which was supposed to be in the original game, I can't help think Bethesda are holding off features for the sake of money or if they're just lazy or stupid. Remember when we can't craft arrows?

There isn't a single DG or DB feature that was "supposed to be in the original game."

That implies that they cut stuff to sell later. Nothing in either DLC was made before Skyrim was finished.

And I dont think followers realistically stepping into traps is such a bad thing <__< I mean, people would complain if they couldnt. Realism and all that.

That doesn't make sense:

1) How hard is it to implement arrow crafting? Even PC modders can do it.

2) There's a stone step trap right infront of them, with 4 torches lighting the area. How realistic is that?

So when faced with a mammoth of a game with more playtime and features than most other games... your first reaction is to whine about what wasnt included and call he developer lazy?

And "even pc modders with all the time in the world, and very limited goals can do it, why cant the guys on a deadline who built everything including the tools used by the pc modders from scratch not do everything i wanted"?

You sound very silly.

Adding craftable arrows and Light Foot perk to some followers doesn't even take a day for those modders. It's justified for anyone to critique a developer's performance. How many people did you you think, complained about the absence of spears when the game was coming out? Is that "unjustifiable whining"?

sure is >> just because your idiot friends were all whining too doesn't make the complaint any more sound. there are lots of idiots in the world. alot of them seem to spend all their spare time whining about stupid things on the internet.
---
#58jammymacsterPosted 12/17/2012 6:20:52 AM(edited)
pyro_bunta posted...
Yes, they should be rare. What about Iron and Steel arrows? They should be comon and easy to make. Then again if they're rare, the archer guy in Solitude sells Ebony and Daedric arrows >__>

I'm not really arguing that arrow crafting shouldn't have been in the vanilla game. That's pretty subjective really. What I'm getting at is maybe Bethesda really weren't intending on having arrow crafting in the game.

pyro_bunta posted...
I can't help think Bethesda are holding off features for the sake of money or if they're just lazy or stupid.

I'm arguing this. Just because a feature that could have been in the vanilla game only makes it into the DLC doesn't mean they were holding off on it. From the sounds of it to me they weren't intending on having arrow crafting. I'm not going to ignore the possibility that they were holding off on arrow crafting to put into paid DLC but it hardly seems worth holding off on it to be a pretty minor feature in Dawnguard.

Personally I feel that they really did just change their minds regarding the situation. Maybe they listened to some of the players wants and added it in. Maybe they decided there really isn't much purpose to not have it in the game. I don't know, it could be any number of things.

Also my followers very rarely set off traps. They always make a point of really avoiding traps as though they;re just a big hole in the ground. The only traps my followers seem to get hit by are the axe traps in the corridors that swing back and forth. but I know they're there so I just tell my follower to wait until I shut it off or go and shut it off really quickly.
---
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here." - Peter Molyneux
#59LockeadonPosted 12/17/2012 6:20:16 AM
IamI3rian posted...
Seriously, I'd like to hear why each and every one of you actually picked this up.

For me? The promise of better magic (as opposed to Oblivion) and the continuation of an amazing series.

Also, I was promised that everything wrong with the last game would be fixed.

A lot of people I talk to at work play this, and explaining that they're "wrong" about certain things gets awkward.

I also like that. - ) <------ one more time?

i got it to give TES one last chance after the horror of oblivion. after months of talking to people who played it and all of whom assured me it wasn't anything like the broken mass of code that was oblivion. even after i bought it i didn't play it for weeks expecting to be horribly disappointed like i was with oblivion. fortunately i needn't have worried, as skyrim is at least much less broken.
---
#60pyro_buntaPosted 12/17/2012 6:27:26 AM
Lockeadon posted...
pyro_bunta posted...
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
pyro_bunta posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
pyro_bunta posted...
I got interested, because I've never played a western made RPG before. I was pleasantly surprised it was pretty fun. At least until I got over level 10 when things started falling apart. I have the PC version, so I luckily can fix all my issues with mods. Bethesda needs to hire these modders. I mean, who ever think that it was a great idea for your followers to trigger traps and die instantly?

Seeing Dawnguard and Dragonborn features which was supposed to be in the original game, I can't help think Bethesda are holding off features for the sake of money or if they're just lazy or stupid. Remember when we can't craft arrows?

There isn't a single DG or DB feature that was "supposed to be in the original game."

That implies that they cut stuff to sell later. Nothing in either DLC was made before Skyrim was finished.

And I dont think followers realistically stepping into traps is such a bad thing <__< I mean, people would complain if they couldnt. Realism and all that.

That doesn't make sense:

1) How hard is it to implement arrow crafting? Even PC modders can do it.

2) There's a stone step trap right infront of them, with 4 torches lighting the area. How realistic is that?

So when faced with a mammoth of a game with more playtime and features than most other games... your first reaction is to whine about what wasnt included and call he developer lazy?

And "even pc modders with all the time in the world, and very limited goals can do it, why cant the guys on a deadline who built everything including the tools used by the pc modders from scratch not do everything i wanted"?

You sound very silly.

Adding craftable arrows and Light Foot perk to some followers doesn't even take a day for those modders. It's justified for anyone to critique a developer's performance. How many people did you you think, complained about the absence of spears when the game was coming out? Is that "unjustifiable whining"?

sure is >> just because your idiot friends were all whining too doesn't make the complaint any more sound. there are lots of idiots in the world. alot of them seem to spend all their spare time whining about stupid things on the internet.

Those "idiot friends" you spoke of are Skyrim players from all platforms. You seriously sound like your saying the X360 boards never whined.
---