Why did you guys buy this game, (real deal)

#81todahouse21Posted 12/17/2012 9:05:16 AM
Simple.

Product loyalty- Bethesda has yet to let me down

Quantity of content- I haven't done the math, but I've sunk hundreds of hours into Bethesda games at $60 bucks a pop. Best value in gaming in my opinion.

Quality of content- All the content in the world doesn't matter if it sucks (I'm looking at you Two Worlds)
#82A_Hairy_WafflePosted 12/17/2012 9:11:05 AM
I'm a huge fan of endless fetch quests.
#83LockeadonPosted 12/17/2012 9:46:44 AM
todahouse21 posted...
Simple.

Product loyalty- Bethesda has yet to let me down

Quantity of content- I haven't done the math, but I've sunk hundreds of hours into Bethesda games at $60 bucks a pop. Best value in gaming in my opinion.

Quality of content- All the content in the world doesn't matter if it sucks (I'm looking at you Two Worlds)

two world 2 is much much better.
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider
#8420ME2cmpnvetPosted 12/17/2012 10:07:51 AM(edited)
I love Beth games and I wear Beth glitches and their work arounds like a badge of honor.

If I ever received a Beth game glitch free I would think something was wrong.
---
I used to be Commander Shepard, then I took a plothole in the knee.
"This Forum has gone 0 days without a Star Wars Reference."
#85AnakeriePosted 12/17/2012 10:38:40 AM
Because open world games are my crack. I enjoyed Oblivion immensely and knew before Skyrim was even released that it was going to be right up my ally. I love the freedom to go where I want to and do as I please. If I want to play this game as a skooma-addicted Khajiit that collects cheese wheels and breaks into people's homes at night to steal their shoes, I can. One of my characters is a reformed Breton thief, another is a older Nord hero, another is an evil Argonian master criminal, and yet another is a homicidal Khaiit who loves attacking and killing the elderly. I never run out of things to do or ways to role-play.
---
GT: SqueamishPaper6
Pawn: Shard
#86CyhortI82Posted 12/17/2012 11:11:26 AM
syr2 posted...
Because it's The Elder Scrolls. That's why. I don't care how many DLCs will be released, I'm going to buy each and every one without hesitation, period.

---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#87garcia_jxPosted 12/17/2012 11:15:36 AM
I bought it because oblivion got me hooked. This led to me buying fallout 3 and New Vegas. Skyrim was a no brainer.
#88heartherevengePosted 12/17/2012 11:18:08 AM
was told to get it by a friend..... rented it, fell in love.
had the PS3 version(no 360 at the time) ended up trading it in and getting the 360 version.

i love mid evil times, and swords, and magic, and well everything skyrim offers
---
psn::heartherevenge
GT: heretherevenge
#89Cloud75xPosted 12/17/2012 11:32:01 AM
I've played Oblivion, but could never get more than 2hrs into the game because the faces were ugly, the graphics were decent (this was 2010 when I played it), and having only 5 actors doing every NPC's voice -and not to mention the talking was horrrrrrrible- my jaw dropped when I saw what was being done for skyrim.

I pre-ordered that btch and couldn't be happier, even today. I love the melee combat mechanics, I love the world, I love the graphics in the changing weather (I love when it snows, it looks real), and I love how the dungeon and cave designs are made.

I have since replayed Oblivion and actually beat it. Oblivion had no difficulty and the combat was boring. The oblivion gates themselves were boring and became an eyesore after closing the first one. God... you had to close about 12 more doing the main story questline.

I tried the "make your own spells!" in oblivion... but I like the mmorpg style of Skyrim better with "speccing" into schools of magic to unlock more. Though I do wish skyrim had more conjurations, like oblivion had. I think skyrim only has about 5, but at least u can summon 2 of them at once. :D
---
"That which does not become part of the one, shall become one with the void."
#90DougymcPosted 12/17/2012 12:53:46 PM
Truth is, I never really wanted it. My friend at work convinced me to try it out and a week later I was hooked. I've spent way more time than I care to admit on my many, many playthroughs, no two the exact same.