Why did you guys buy this game, (real deal)

#91parkentPosted 12/17/2012 1:06:23 PM
I pre-ordered Skyrim 6 months before it was released cause I loved Oblivion so much. and i have yet to be disappointed.
---
I'm not lazy, I'm useless. Big Difference.
#92_SilverShot_Posted 12/17/2012 4:02:01 PM
Let me count the ways...

1 - It's a TES game, and I'm always going to buy them.

2 - I'm kind of A.D.D. with my games. I love them, but few can hold my attention long. Sandbox games do it the best because I can completely change tracks in game - start doing one thing, wander off to do another. The TES games always satisfy that very well.

3 - Skyrim looked like it was going to satisfy reason #2 better than any other TES game, with all of the miscellaneous extras like working little part time jobs, marriage, etc. I can't tell whether it *actually* does contain my distractions better than other games in the series, but it certainly does no worse.

4 - Setting. The setting in this game is fantastic. I love all of the variety in the world, and how it really comes to life.

5 - Better combat and magic.

6 - Graphics. While Oblivion is still a beautiful game, it started showing its age a little while ago, and mods can only stave that off for so long.

7 - Dragons. It's dragon-fighting, and that just sells.

8 - Mods for PC. The fantastic community-created content basically makes these games endless.

8 - Bang-for-the-buck. TES games are better value for your dollar than almost any other. I have about 800 hours in Oblivion, and about 250 in Skyrim so far. My money is a lot tighter today than it used to be, so this has become an ever more important factor in my game purchases.
#93Curved_Sw0rdPosted 12/17/2012 4:03:37 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
Because it's TES. Lol.

Plus it just looked amazing from all the trailers.

This
---
BE GONE! TALOS DOES NOT COOK! THAT'S WHAT MARA IS FOR!!!!! - brawl4fun
#94NateRose89Posted 12/17/2012 8:33:06 PM
Lockeadon posted...
NateRose89 posted...
IamI3rian posted...
I think I feel the same as you guys...

I mean, I'll pick up the next FO too...

I just, I know it's so huge, but can't they get it right once?

I HATE dealing with the glithces etc...

Very counter intuitive to what you all might think of me, but one single time, just ONCE, I'd like a Beth game to work right at launch.

Also, I bought it specifically because of the new 'equips + mmagicka' system. I finally was able to have a mage who wasn't limited by an imaginary number. When I heard at level up you could choose to increase your magicka etc...

Sold me on the game. = D

Every single Beth game I've ever bought has worked on launch.

so.. what your saying is you haven't bought any. hell large segments of skyrim still don't work a year later. or does work mean something different to you. to me it means functions as intended, NOT technically playable.

No, I have every TES game and FO game at launch. As do most of my friends. Yet for some funny reason none of us seem to have any of these crazy game-breaking bugs that people use to bring down the game. Funny that. Everyone I know personally has no issues with the game. Yet the vocal minority on the internet think that all Bethesda games are 'broken'.
---
"I am no knight. I spit on them and their vows." Sandor Clegane, 1996.
#95The_Viking_SwanPosted 12/17/2012 8:34:47 PM
I love RPGs, loved them ever since I was a wee little youngling.
---
Official World's best Walrus
//NVBM\\
#96the_arisenPosted 12/17/2012 8:35:33 PM
I was the first person in Campbell river to get it... waited for 3 hours outside the local play n trade, smoking a metric ton of weed and drinking beer
---
GT- Valo Drake
#97The_Beer_ScotchPosted 12/17/2012 8:52:14 PM
The_Viking_Swan posted...
I love RPGs, loved them ever since I was a wee little youngling.

Skayrum ain't an rpeg!...

(I POSED FOR YOU, WERE R MY NUDZ).

<3
---
You can have her then. I like my boys and girls pure, sloppy seconds are for chumps. ~ Rikashi.
#98AnytePosted 12/18/2012 8:17:33 AM
I went to Best Buy at midnight day after Xmas last year, and didn't want to have waited in line in the cold and not bought something.

Wasn't even on discount. :P
#99todahouse21Posted 12/18/2012 8:31:01 AM
Lockeadon posted...

two world 2 is much much better.

Going to have to take your word for it.

Two Worlds 1 scarred me.
#100obishawnPosted 12/18/2012 8:32:04 AM
Everyone I know personally has no issues with the game. Yet the vocal minority on the internet think that all Bethesda games are 'broken'.

Sounds to me that you're in the minority
---
Winter is coming