Ultimate Cryomancer Build Ideas

#1ryan-stocksPosted 12/18/2012 8:22:05 AM
All right. So here's the thing. I've gotten back into skyrim with the new DLC and I am making a cryomancer. But I don't want just an AVERAGE cryomancer...I WANT THE ULTIMATE CRYOMANCER!!! Does anyone have any suggestions as to better my ultimate cryomancer character?
So I've been working on my character (pure mage with a couple other non-offensive supporting skills) and am level 38. (I do not plan on using weapons of any kind, unless an emergency arises.) I have both augment frost perks, destruction dual casting, impact, twin frost thralls and all atronach related perks, all frost-based destruction based destruction spells except icy spear and blizzard, which I will be getting soon, and free spells from every school of magicka thanks to a high enchanting/alchemy skill and the archmages robes. I have lots of weakness to frost poisons, 70% resist magic, ebonyflesh, mage armor rank 3, lord stone ability for the extra 50 armor, and a few other abilities like quiet casting. I also have the frost-based Dragon shouts Frost Breath and Ice Form. SPOILERS AHEAD!!! There is also a mask available in the Dragonborn DLC that grants +25% damage to frost spells that I plan on acquiring once i start that questline.
#2aDominationPosted 12/18/2012 8:23:18 AM
Nord named Sub-Zero or Argonian named Reptile?
---
Achievement Unlocked
Hail the Catastrophe 150(G) Become a Jenova Witness of your own free will.
#3cbviz80Posted 12/18/2012 8:26:51 AM
I was under the impression frost was not good due to half of Skyrim having resistance to it. Do you get good results?
#4RampagingwalrusPosted 12/18/2012 8:30:29 AM
cbviz80 posted...
I was under the impression frost was not good due to half of Skyrim having resistance to it. Do you get good results?

As long as he stays out of Dwemer ruins, as they are immune to frost damage, he should have no problem actually killing things.
It will just take longer.

Maining frost is only an issue if you do not break the game and take 100% cost reduction.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#5tomgamer82Posted 12/18/2012 8:30:34 AM
Just a question but how do you plan on applying all those weakness to frost poisons if you're trying to avoid using weapons
---
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
#6cbviz80Posted 12/18/2012 8:31:43 AM
tomgamer82 posted...
Just a question but how do you plan on applying all those weakness to frost poisons if you're trying to avoid using weapons

I wondered that too.
#7aDominationPosted 12/18/2012 8:33:20 AM
A glass sword would with frost on it (giving a blue glow) would look alot like Sub-Zeros ice sword.
---
Achievement Unlocked
#8SchesparnPosted 12/18/2012 8:33:51 AM
aDomination posted...
A glass sword would with frost on it (giving a blue glow) would look alot like Sub-Zeros ice sword.

...Why not Chillrend? Anyway, he ain't using weapons, he says.
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif
#9aDominationPosted 12/18/2012 8:35:09 AM
Schesparn posted...
aDomination posted...

...Why not Chillrend? Anyway, he ain't using weapons, he says.

Yes, Chillrend would work, its going to be very hard to pull off non-wepaons imo.
---
Achievement Unlocked
#10GriffRobertsPosted 12/18/2012 8:36:28 AM(edited)
aDomination posted...

You mean Chillrend? edit: ninja'd... twice

Also, Dragonborn adds Stalhrim armor/weapons, and frost enchantments on Stalhrim are 25% stronger. I'm totally making an Ice Knight build based on that.
---
Sometimes I edit my sig so it continues whatever I was posting about.