What do you dupe?

#21JohnnyG118Posted 12/19/2012 11:23:30 AM
Wveth posted...

That's the slippery slope fallacy, and guilt by association, both of which are completely illogical.

I've experienced enough irritation through exploiters and cheaters to write off the entire process and anyone who practices it. You're working with the assumption that I shouldn't be generalizing, which I'm more than comfortable doing.

Moreover, nobody here has actually been able to answer my counter question - what is the NEED to duplicate in a game like this? You aren't going to gain any sort of advantage or unique experience through it, so why bother at all? Is this not just exploitation for the sake of exploitation?
#22ArcturonPosted 12/19/2012 11:23:38 AM
JohnnyG118 posted...
Schesparn posted...
It's a legit question. He's not attacking the TC or anything. Settle down, folks.

Thank you.

TC says this is a single player experience, so I have no reason to judge him. Fair enoguh. However, duplication and glitch exploitation in one game usually means a willingness to use similar exploits in other (possibly multiplayer) games. It's people like this who are ruining online gaming for everyone else.

Modern gaming code is unbelievably complex, and sometimes these exploits are locked into processes fundamental to how the game works, and cannot be patched or removed. But we all have the choice of what we take advantage of, and what we don't. In Skyrim or a similar single player experience, it's fine, you're not hurting anyone else. But I'd be willing to bet this isn't the only game TC cheats at.

This, so much this. Borderlands 2 economy is entirely ruined due to the duping of all the legendary gear, there is no purpose to trading or money in that game. And loot is one of the main points of the game. I'm running into similar issues with Torchlight 2. And as he said, exploiting is something that starts to spread after awhile. Next thing you know he's in an fps shooting his buddy in the head, over and over, while sitting in a corner, making the score unbalanced and leveling up unfairly. I do hope this gets patched on Skyrim, loots important here too, once its not unique anymore...its not important anymore and takes away from gameplay.
#23JohnnyG118Posted 12/19/2012 11:25:48 AM
Arcturon posted...

This, so much this. Borderlands 2 economy is entirely ruined due to the duping of all the legendary gear, there is no purpose to trading or money in that game. And loot is one of the main points of the game. I'm running into similar issues with Torchlight 2. And as he said, exploiting is something that starts to spread after awhile. Next thing you know he's in an fps shooting his buddy in the head, over and over, while sitting in a corner, making the score unbalanced and leveling up unfairly. I do hope this gets patched on Skyrim, loots important here too, once its not unique anymore...its not important anymore and takes away from gameplay.

Seconded.

This is the primary reason I stopped playing BL2. Similar situation on Killzone 2, although I think that was later corrected.
#24Cast_SupremacyPosted 12/19/2012 11:29:29 AM
Arcturon posted...
I do hope this gets patched on Skyrim, loots important here too, once its not unique anymore...its not important anymore and takes away from gameplay.

TBQH, loot hasn't been important since launch. You can always smith something better. What's the point of killing bandits when all you'll get it fur or steel armour, a piddling enchanted weapon and some iron swords?

Face it, I love Skyrim, but compared to previous versions, there aren't many, unique, really strong weapons and armour hand placed for you to find which takes away the urge to go dungeon diving, as most times you'll get nothing of worth.
#25jammymacsterPosted 12/19/2012 11:30:04 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#26obishawnPosted 12/19/2012 11:31:32 AM
If someone wants to duplicate crap in Skyrim, I really don't care. But for me, I won't do it for the same reason I won't use invisible chests or the restoration loop; it lessens the fun of the game for me. Making things easier in a game that already isn't that challenging robs it of its fun.
---
Winter is coming
#27jammymacsterPosted 12/19/2012 11:34:41 AM(edited)
This topic has been ridiculously derailed. How about this, you don't like the exploit then don't post, that way those people that do want to do it and share ideas on things to do can do so. This argument is pointless because there will never be an agreement.

Not really sure why we needed a second topic in the first place though.
---
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here." - Peter Molyneux
#28WvethPosted 12/19/2012 11:35:11 AM
JohnnyG118 posted...

I've experienced enough irritation through exploiters and cheaters to write off the entire process and anyone who practices it. You're working with the assumption that I shouldn't be generalizing, which I'm more than comfortable doing.

Moreover, nobody here has actually been able to answer my counter question - what is the NEED to duplicate in a game like this? You aren't going to gain any sort of advantage or unique experience through it, so why bother at all? Is this not just exploitation for the sake of exploitation?

There is no NEED to do it. Of course not. Nobody is claiming that there is. If we do it, we do it for fun. Exploiting for fun while causing no harm to anyone's experience is one thing. Exploiting and cheating online and wrecking someone's game is completely different. People who don't want to ruin someone else's game won't do it, whether or not they use harmless exploits in single-player games.
---
Wveth!
#29Elprede007(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 11:35:47 AM
JohnnyG118 posted...
Elprede007 posted...
JohnnyG118 posted...
I answered your question didn't I? You asked what I duped. I dupe nothing, which is the answer.

Keep crying though.

You know what I meant go back to your hole. Your tears sustain me.

Yes, please redirect my own comments back to me with improper grammar and punctuation. Let me ask you a question, one far more interesting than the thread topic:

Let's assume that we both enjoy Skyrim (we wouldn't be here otherwise), why do you feel the need to deliberately break the game through glitches? The current structure of the crafting system is already far too overpowered, and any one of those skills allows you to create items you can sell for massive profit. So why dupe at all? Any potions or gear that you need can be recreated. Gold is ridiculously easy to come by, even in the early game. And since unique items can't be equipped twice (in that you can't wear two rings, two pairs of boots etc)... what's the point? Unless you desperately want to dual-wield Maces of Molag Bal or something, there's no need to duplicate anything.

I'll tell you why I duplicate. I duplicate because the things I like, there are generally only one of. For instance, the headsman's axe. There is only one, so the only way I could obtain another for enchanting purposes is to dupe it. I collect items and the duplication glitch allows me to collect originals and make enchanted duplicates of the originals. I, in no way try to ruin the game. I don't like game breaking glitches, I don't need gold, and I already beat the game seven times. So I believe I have earned the right to dupe.
---
"Puttin' that in the poem!"
#30AarksharkPosted 12/19/2012 11:39:32 AM
Unique Apparel/Weapons, mainly for followers. Matching sets, man.
---
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
Common sense is actually ultra rare and must be bought from premium spectre packs to have a chance of obtaining it. -Cicero.me-