Why do a good majority of people make female characters?

#1MMF_LegacyPosted 12/19/2012 2:04:57 PM
Not in just this game but in several games I've played over the years that offer a choice between genders, a lot of people make females. More than males it seems. I was looking at some Skyrim mods just like I did with FO:NV and noticed that 8/10 of them that post "Thank You" photos for most mods are females. It's just whenever I make a char, I see him as me since I am playing him. I feel something must be wrong with me. Oh and don't say something dumb like, "Uh..because I don't feel like looking at a guys butt herr herr."
#2zeroboboPosted 12/19/2012 2:06:28 PM
no, most people do play male characters.

however the people who like to show off their characters often play females cus they "dress them up" and such. and "look how pretty my character is".
its kinda creepy.
---
Gamertag: Clonedzero
#3RebelElite791Posted 12/19/2012 2:06:59 PM
[Citation Needed]

And because they want to, because it's a roleplaying game, or because they're that horny.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#4MMF_Legacy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 2:07:35 PM
zerobobo posted...

however the people who like to show off their characters often play females cus they "dress them up" and such. and "look how pretty my character is".
its kinda creepy.

That's how I feel about it and I felt isolated as if I was the only one thinking that way.
#5RebelElite791Posted 12/19/2012 2:08:37 PM
MMF_Legacy posted...
zerobobo posted...

its kinda creepy.

That's how I feel about it and I felt isolated as if I was the only one thinking that way.

No, you're just insecure.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#61618dudePosted 12/19/2012 2:08:52 PM
I make both female and male chars, but I don't care too much about that. My last char was a male redguard, but now I'm playing a female breton.
#7BladeX65Posted 12/19/2012 2:08:59 PM
The female figure is generally considered the paramount of human beauty.

Source: Every ancient civilization ever, such as the Greeks and Romans.

And, some gamers are even females themselves, more than you would seem to think.
---
GT - Blade X65
#8Evil_SandwichPosted 12/19/2012 2:09:25 PM
What's the matter TC? Afraid ur d*** will fall off if you play as a girl?
#9RikashiPosted 12/19/2012 2:09:25 PM
Because when you play the game, your character is who you want him or her to be.

Now, I usually have a harder time RP'ing a female character so most of mine are male, but apparently a lot of players like to do it. Don't be so judgmental and instantly call them all perverts.
---
BROOKLYN RAGE: I DON'T WANNA BE A FURRY
Not changing this sig until Stephen Kings 'It' gets a proper movie adaption.
#10obishawnPosted 12/19/2012 2:10:22 PM
Because those guys who do make female characters are guy and as such, are stimulated visually. That's my take on it.
---
Winter is coming