Why do a good majority of people make female characters?

#11RikashiPosted 12/19/2012 3:10:26 PM
BladeX65 posted...
Source: Every ancient civilization ever, such as the Greeks and Romans.

Not sure whether this is sarcasm or just ignorance.
---
BROOKLYN RAGE: I DON'T WANNA BE A FURRY
Not changing this sig until Stephen Kings 'It' gets a proper movie adaption.
#12BladeX65Posted 12/19/2012 3:10:36 PM
MMF_Legacy posted...
It's just whenever I make a char, I see him as me since I am playing him. I feel something must be wrong with me.

The only thing wrong with you is that you can't roleplay, the character that you play as doesn't need to be you.
---
GT - Blade X65
#13MMF_Legacy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 3:10:40 PM
BladeX65 posted...
The female figure is generally considered the paramount of human beauty.

And, some gamers are even females themselves, more than you would seem to think.

I know there is a lot of female gamers, just not as many as guys. That's why the "8/10" part I mentioned bewildered me.
#14BladeX65Posted 12/19/2012 3:11:28 PM
Rikashi posted...
BladeX65 posted...

Not sure whether this is sarcasm or just ignorance.

Exaggeration.
---
GT - Blade X65
#15RebelElite791Posted 12/19/2012 3:11:46 PM
MMF_Legacy posted...
BladeX65 posted...
The female figure is generally considered the paramount of human beauty.

And, some gamers are even females themselves, more than you would seem to think.

I know there is a lot of female gamers, just not as many as guys. That's why the "8/10" part I mentioned bewildered me.

Except the "8/10 part" is completely pulled out of your ass.

Also women gamers make up AT LEAST 40% of gamers, more-so for online games/MMOs.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#16MMF_Legacy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 3:12:05 PM
BladeX65 posted...
MMF_Legacy posted...
It's just whenever I make a char, I see him as me since I am playing him. I feel something must be wrong with me.

The only thing wrong with you is that you can't roleplay, the character that you play as doesn't need to be you.

Well I'm sorry I have a hard time pretending to be a female.
#17ShockWav3Posted 12/19/2012 3:12:30 PM
People that purposely play as girls in RPGs are the same kind that wear their girlfriends panties when they arent around. Its the same concept.
---
"Since everybody here is deadset on not being intelligent, let me start things off."- SterlingFox
#18RebelElite791Posted 12/19/2012 3:12:30 PM
BladeX65 posted...
MMF_Legacy posted...

Also this. TC, that's like saying male authors who have female characters are pervs/strange.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#19obishawnPosted 12/19/2012 3:13:08 PM
MMF_Legacy posted...
BladeX65 posted...
MMF_Legacy posted...

Well I'm sorry I have a hard time pretending to be a female.

Its not hard to do, just tuck it back, Silence of the Lambs style!
---
Winter is coming
#20simonbelmont2Posted 12/19/2012 3:13:08 PM
I think the TC has given this too much thought and attached too much importance to it. Some players like variety and to create different characters. Some other guys are maybe a bit lonely and get too attached to their female characters lol.
---
Carl Kolchak: You should meet my boss. He'd turn Buddha into a chain smoker.