Why do a good majority of people make female characters?

#131Storm_WalkerPosted 12/19/2012 8:11:55 PM
obishawn posted...
Because those guys who do make female characters are guy and as such, are stimulated visually. That's my take on it.

Yeah, you might say we're hardwired for that behaviour. LOL, but seriously, I hope this topic wasn't just you looking for an excuse to look down on us for being human and doing what humans do.
---
"I'm feelin' peachy keen, so f%@& you, and thanks for asking ^/.^"
#132HatchetHoundPosted 12/19/2012 8:13:01 PM
I don't make extensions of myself, I make characters.

I have an equal number of both gender characters in this game. Maybe more female ones.
---
"Mistakes are just a part of learning. You donít become an Expert At Bandit Extermination without accidentally offing a few farmers, for instance."
#133WindMageKnightPosted 12/19/2012 8:13:57 PM
People that purposely play as girls in RPGs are the same kind that wear their girlfriends panties when they arent around. Its the same concept.

Some might do this but I doubt that effects there choice in character gender preference besides its there choice what gender there character is just like if I want to make a female character awesome if i make a male character alright why does it matter if my character is male or female to you? I mean what about the females that make male characters? Is that a bad thing? No. Why does it matter? It doesn't.
---
White 2795-5181-3042
#134Tequila_ShotPosted 12/19/2012 8:15:05 PM
I play a female Argonian and a male Nord, and one of the two gets me randy.

And it ain't the Argonian. Call me insecure if you want, but my Nord is a sexy beast.
---
Tanoshii wa tanoshii da yo.
#135nugmanagogoPosted 12/19/2012 8:20:45 PM
HatchetHound posted...

I have an equal number of both gender characters in this game. Maybe more female ones.

This.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/64824648
Inanity at it's best.
#136RebelElite791Posted 12/19/2012 8:21:15 PM
nugmanagogo posted...
HatchetHound posted...

This.

That.

Although my main character is always close to an extension of myself, or myself in that role.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing
#137nnytherkillerPosted 12/19/2012 8:23:04 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
hhjghbhghnmh posted...
it's pretty much the same as asking why people who aren't bipedal lizards why they play as Argonians. Not everyone's trying to play as themselves, it's really limiting.

Because they are freaks and wish they could be lizards and have lizard seks. Obviously.

>.>
<.<

*flees from topic*
---
GT. nnythekiller
Stoic wanderer
#138Storm_WalkerPosted 12/19/2012 8:24:05 PM
Rikashi posted...
jrr18 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
CRK44 posted...
Every time I go to create a new character in Skyrim, I am reminded that I can actually make a female character.

In my mind, the title "Dragonborn" is better held by a male. However, The Champion of Cyrodiil and Nerevarine titles seem more unisex.

How the f*** do you possibly figure that.

Name one dragon with boobs. Dovakin is a male because all dragons are male.

ITP: reptiles are mammals now.

Not only that, but in order to be either male or female it would have to sexually procreate and they don't. They don't even lay eggs, they are asexuals that sound male.
---
"I'm feelin' peachy keen, so f%@& you, and thanks for asking ^/.^"
#139LolOkayPosted 12/19/2012 8:24:23 PM
jasten posted...
LolOkay posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
MMF_Legacy posted...
BladeX65 posted...
The female figure is generally considered the paramount of human beauty.

Source: Every ancient civilization ever, such as the Greeks and Romans.

And, some gamers are even females themselves, more than you would seem to think.

I know there is a lot of female gamers, just not as many as guys. That's why the "8/10" part I mentioned bewildered me.

Except the "8/10 part" is completely pulled out of your ass.

Also women gamers make up AT LEAST 40% of gamers, more-so for online games/MMOs.

Where did you get that statement from?

Can't say for sure... but I do remember several articles stating that as the ratio. I wouldn't doubt that number either... most of my friend's list on the 360 is women now.

I hope so. Otherwise it would be...ironic to say the least.
#140RebelElite791Posted 12/19/2012 8:24:50 PM
Storm_Walker posted...
Rikashi posted...
jrr18 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
CRK44 posted...
Every time I go to create a new character in Skyrim, I am reminded that I can actually make a female character.

In my mind, the title "Dragonborn" is better held by a male. However, The Champion of Cyrodiil and Nerevarine titles seem more unisex.

How the f*** do you possibly figure that.

Name one dragon with boobs. Dovakin is a male because all dragons are male.

ITP: reptiles are mammals now.

Not only that, but in order to be either male or female it would have to sexually procreate and they don't. They don't even lay eggs, they are asexuals that sound male.

They're completely genderless/sexless, as all the gods/lesser divinities are.
---
Rebel is pretty much a planet, pulling all sorts of moons and satellites his way, among them good, bad, foolish, trollish, and everything else - SeaArrKing